SmokeJumper lets in some "Deep Thoughts" on life and gamming.. oh yeah in game comms - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The only website you should go to when the Sony Network one is down.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-01-15, 09:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

Lightbulb SmokeJumper lets in some "Deep Thoughts" on life and gamming.. oh yeah in game comms

Author Topic: Why Do You Want Inter-Empire Chat?
JRavey
Station Member
Registered: Nov 1997 posted 01-15-2003 10:22 AM user search report post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are against inter-empire chat, don't respond; this isn't a question for you.
On the other thread, we saw the vast majority of respondents are against the ability to chat with members of other empires. A few of you want such an ability, why do you want it?

Deep Thoughts by SmokeJumper...

SmokeJumperPS
Station Admin
Registered: Sep 2001 posted 01-15-2003 06:42 PM user search report post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our theory is that rivalries between enemy Outfits should be encouraged, but that any correspondance between them should be done on world-specific forums or fan sites. What does this simulate? Not much really. Non-real-time communication between sides is totally fine by us. It's just that most Empires frown on real-time communication between the soldiers. It has this annoying tendency to make you think they're people, for cryin' out loud. And who wants to really shoot people, anyway? Soldiers don't shoot people...they shoot enemies. Right?
Seriously...it's sort of like what was indicated above. If you make friends with them, then politics and emotions and friendships and other such soft sentiments get in the way of a good action-filled wargame.

After all...this is a GAME...not reality. In the same way that you shouldn't take lessons learned in a game out into reality, we prefer that you don't contaminate the game with hindrances like morality when we're just trying to provide you with some adrenaline-pumping fun.

THIS IS NOT REALITY. If anyone is using it as a substitute for reality, then they should consider going outside. It's more real than anything we can come up with. Honest. But if what you want is adrenaline...come on into the game. We have more of that than reality usually does...and thank god for that.

http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/p...ML/001574.html
Old 2003-01-16, 07:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Hamma
PSU Admin

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-01-16, 04:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
DevilWhiskey
Private

When a game developer starts telling people "It's ONLY A GAME" said game is about ready to go public so he can move on to the next challenge.

Imagine how sick of playing PS these guys are before we even get to try it out.

DevilWhiskey
Old 2003-01-17, 11:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Diego
First Sergeant

Lol.

Drink that Pedialyte! Yeah baby!
Old 2003-01-17, 11:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Unregistered
Contributor
Custom Title

Where can I pick up a copy of this "Outside" he spoke of, and will there be a monthly charge to go there?
Old 2003-01-17, 01:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
�io
Lieutenant General

I think "Outside" is the only other MMOFPS game coming out soon, i think Dave said it was made by God and some other company and it would only be available in a few months.
Old 2003-01-17, 02:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

Aparently in "Outside" hookers don't refill your health, and when you kill them - wow, people really get pissed. Just FYI, If you jack a guy in the eye and try and take his car, he kicks your ass. Also, It has the same "save" function as that gigantic mech game for the Xbox, If you fuck up, you have like 3 seconds to save your ass. If you don't, you have to sit out the whole round in a level called "pergatory".

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion