News: NC Heavy Assault - Page 9 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Sucks less than before.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-04-05, 09:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #121
Jamini
Corporal

Re: NC Heavy Assault

I, for one, am not happy with the look of the sharkfin-styled helmet. This particular model probably could use another few days of work before going live. :/
Old 2012-04-05, 10:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #122
Brusi
Contributor
Major

Im gon spend so murch stayshurn cash on diffurnt colord flannos.

”You can have hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players in these massive cluster-fuck battles

Matt Higby on the scope of Planetside 2
Old 2012-04-05, 10:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #123
Krowser
Private

I think the real subconscious reason why people don't like this armor is that it's still a T-shirt. If you look at the TR soldier he looks much safer because everything is covered, and so it should be with a heavy suit.

I can understand the light assault being a plated T-shirt but the heavy assault needs protection for his neck and joints.
Old 2012-04-05, 10:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #124
Slouis
Private

its all about immediate silhouette recognition. TR have always been smooth and sleek, NC rigid and hard cornered, and the vs like bad power ranger villains thrown together at the last second.

This way you can immediately recognize enemies/friendlies from a distance that you might not be able to see names of yet.

As for the flannel shirt, i meant the blue/lightblue/grey flannel shirt all the NC are wearing under their chest plates...not the thermal underwear thats between all the joints. That plate on the ass is actually a buttflap
Old 2012-04-05, 11:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #125
Tamas
Staff Sergeant

The concept art looked so cool. IT looks nothing like that
Old 2012-04-05, 11:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #126
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Tamas View Post

Kind of highlights how skinny and non-menacing the base player model looks. The guy in the concept art looks like he's a much bigger guy.
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams
Old 2012-04-05, 11:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #127
Canaris
Contributor
General

there are distinct similarities between the concept picture and the actual suit saying it looks nothing like is a bit much, I'm reminded of the mark II Batman suit from The Dark Knight, separation of the plates gives you more mobility, should make reversing the car out handier

I bet if merely they added a black/dark blue rubber seal between the joints it would take away what you perceive as the vulnerable sections even without reinforcing the armour.

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms

Last edited by Canaris; 2012-04-05 at 11:29 AM.
Old 2012-04-05, 12:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #128
Shiftyeyesshady
Private

The problem for me with the NC heavy is the Neck area.

That chest plate will deflect bullets upwards into the unarmored neck area, it needs some sort of collar or way to deflect rounds away from the neck.
Old 2012-04-05, 12:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #129
Tamas
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Canaris View Post
there are distinct similarities between the concept picture and the actual suit saying it looks nothing like is a bit much, I'm reminded of the mark II Batman suit from The Dark Knight, separation of the plates gives you more mobility, should make reversing the car out handier

I bet if merely they added a black/dark blue rubber seal between the joints it would take away what you perceive as the vulnerable sections even without reinforcing the armour.
Well if you look at the light assault and engineer of NC you will notice the clear pattern - this looks like a medium assault at best - Light assault got more pieces of the same type of armor. It lacks the - "Heavy" feel. I didn't mane literally no resemblance, but simply no clear distinction between the classes (apart from infiltrator). NC all look the same, discounting the small details, like pip boy on hand or jet pack visible from the back - front feels copy/paste.

TR HA takes the cake by a mile. Hope Higby storms in shouting - "WTF U DONE TO NC!!!"
Old 2012-04-05, 01:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #130
VioletZero
First Lieutenant

I don't like it but now I can place my finger on why.

It looks far too similar to the Engineer. Give it some more shoulder bulk and a cooler helmet and it's all good.
Old 2012-04-05, 01:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #131
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

I personally think it looks great. I also really believe it is the lower BR HA look. I would be interested to see the difference between this one and a player in this that is maxed out in BR. I am sure they look night and day different.

Old 2012-04-05, 01:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #132
VioletZero
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Tamas View Post
http://www.planetside-universe.com/m...3aa1214168.jpg

Actually it looks really similar to that. Just that the part that draws the human eye the most, the head, is completely different. And I prefer the helmet in the concept more than the helmet here.
Old 2012-04-05, 01:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #133
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

..to..

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2012-04-05, 05:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #134
Zulthus
Colonel

I posted this pic in that other thread... would the NC prefer it like so?

Old 2012-04-05, 05:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #135
NCLynx
Major

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
I posted this pic in that other thread... would the NC prefer it like so?

Actually yes, but who's to say that isn't already an option?

SuperTroopers is recruiting for PS2!
Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Really? You need to take a few steps back and think before posting drivel like this. Either reply constructively or don't reply.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion