Official PS Wish List - Page 18 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: lets roll out!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-08-03, 03:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #256
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Blowing the Gen doesn't knock it down to 0%. Destroying things does that, terminals, turrets etc.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2003-08-03, 05:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #257
snypz
Private

oops, thinkin of the wrong thing

http://www.terranrepublic.com

I'm a who thinks and

my moto: screw the blue
Old 2003-08-04, 06:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #258
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

If the gen is destroyed it will drain the power though. I think it's like 10% every couple minutes
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2003-08-05, 10:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #259
NCG JMan
First Sergeant

Wouldn't it be great to have a coordinate system in PS too. I personally think for the ones doing scouting or just general reporting of enemy placements/advancements we should have a map with coordinates.

For instance, in BF1942 when you say "enemy armor spotted" it says where on the map that that transmission came from (G6) next to the person's name in the chat. I don't know how many times I have seen enemy AMS's and not been able to tell all of my TR forces (or at least the ones near the area) of the exact location of the enemy AMS. I have only been able to give general directions like the AMS is s.w. of Irkala about 300m. I would like to say enemy AMS at near/in the G6 quadrant and then the TR forces (that are interested) could take care of it. Granted the CR5 ability acomplishes some of this, but the coordinates are needed just as much as the CR5 global/continent chat is.

The benefit that I see to this coordinate system is twofold. First one's who are soloing can assist in the scouting and be effective. Also the ones that are soloing can work together to take out the vehicle/unit if they wanted. With the coordinate system if would benefit everyone when it comes to playing PS.
Old 2003-08-05, 12:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #260
ArcticRecon
Private

I set up a post here of some mall things I want so check that out and post waht you think on that thread.
Old 2003-08-06, 12:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #261
ViperGTS
Banned

1-i stole this idea from another fourm so please dont sue me (lol)
anyway...they should have put the fireing range offline so us less gifted poeple with 56ks can have fun offline inculding the driving range two that would be so awsome even if you dont get the BEP it still would be good practice!!!!! that would rule

2-a dodge viper gts coupe in the game lol

thats all for me
Old 2003-08-07, 04:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #262
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by Vipergts1587
2-a dodge viper gts coupe in the game lol

thats all for me
I agree. Put some rockets on the side and a chaingun on the passenger side. Give it a Mad Max look. It could be bad ass.
Old 2003-08-07, 06:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #263
ViperGTS
Banned

Originally posted by Lonehunter187
I agree. Put some rockets on the side and a chaingun on the passenger side. Give it a Mad Max look. It could be bad ass.

YES THAT WOULD BE AWSOME
Old 2003-08-08, 11:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #264
snypz
Private

startin to sound kinda like james bond lol

I'm a who thinks and

Old 2003-08-08, 12:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #265
ViperGTS
Banned

Originally posted by snypz
startin to sound kinda like james bond lol
like the vanquish from die another day
Old 2003-08-08, 12:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #266
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Anyway, yeah I simple coordinates system on the map would be so cool and easy to add. You could toggle it on or off just like weather.
Old 2003-08-08, 03:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #267
ViperGTS
Banned

wanna know what i wish ps had? less lag for us 56k people i cant go anywere with out laggin horribly
Old 2003-08-09, 04:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #268
snypz
Private

yea, i wish they were more 56k friendly

I'm a who thinks and

Old 2003-08-09, 08:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #269
ViperGTS
Banned

ya
Old 2003-08-09, 08:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #270
CrazyCrazy
Corporal

A top 100 stats list, in-game.

I think we should be able to see which indiviual players are the best. Have a top 100 list for each server in a variety of categories. Right now, you can organize the outfit list by rank, and number of members, but outfit points don't really mean a whole hell of a lot.

The top 10 list could have categories like : Most kills overall, Most kills this week (or month or day), Most kills for each empire, Most ant runs, Most peopel rezzed or healed, Most armor repaired, most base caps, Most facilites hacked, most vehicles destroyed, most doors and terms hacked, Most people killed using a particular weapon (knife, boomer, med. assault, etc.) There's probably more , but I can't think of them right now.

I think would give special recognition to the top players. Everytime you log on, you could see this menu, or access at any time in game. Their outfit name should also be listed next to their name. Since a lot of this info is already availble in-game in your stats, I don't see it being to difficult to implement.

Last edited by CrazyCrazy; 2003-08-09 at 08:36 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion