Official PS Wish List - Page 25 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: "Quotes" book coming soon.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-09-06, 09:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #361
Madcat170
Sergeant

1 Cert point idea

I would like to see a 1 point cert called: melee

Would allow you to have secondary or Tertiary fire modes on Medium Assualt, Standard Assualt & Anti- Vehicle Weapons. It would basically allow you to smack the enemy upside the head with the butt of the weapons, wouldnt do much damage unless the melee booster implant would is used with it.

Another idea that i would like to see would be a nice simple thing that would help break up the zerg a bit, as well as make more classes difficult to play and more dangerous. Penalties for Death. No penalty is given if u dont last for more than say 1 min.

I hope i dont see these ideas posted on the offical boards with some 1 elses name like the other ideas that ive posted.

Edit = Also like to see IQ tests that would help determine what u can and cannot do in PS, if u score to low you cannot use certain weapons, gain any Command Rank, and drive certain vehicles.

That would be loverly, wouldnt like stop people from playing, just only give them "simple to use" weaponry, as a nice person i would say after a while of using the simple weapons without blowing themselves and team mates up on a regular basis that they be allowed to have bigger better guns, if they mess up, take em away and have a pop up explain why, in simple words, avoiding big words.

Ps i bet u can see spelling mistakes, its because its 6:30 am GMT and ive been trolling and educating n00bs with my loving charm all night. stupid n00bs

Last edited by Madcat170; 2003-09-07 at 12:36 AM.
Old 2003-09-06, 11:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #362
Otis
Master Sergeant

I just wish you could use your gun as a bat or something, you don't know how many times I've run out of ammo and had to use my knife. Your last idea sounds REALLY good.
Old 2003-09-07, 12:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #363
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

NOOOO< then I'd lose about 3/4th of my kills. I see many stupids to kill. Only reason I'd want an in game IQ test is for damn team mates who are idiots.
Old 2003-09-10, 06:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #364
Aen
First Sergeant

This thread sux, cause everyone posts and no one reads everyones views on what they want, cause its a post about what you want. And if you have read every post, just please dont tell anyone about it, freak!
Old 2003-09-10, 07:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #365
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Originally posted by Aen
This thread sux, cause everyone posts and no one reads everyones views on what they want, cause its a post about what you want. And if you have read every post, just please dont tell anyone about it, freak!
This from the literary genius who filled up a whole thread with your mom.

In other news this thread is getting a bit cumbersome, I do browse through it everyday myself but 20 some pages is a little much.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-09-10, 10:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #366
Madcat170
Sergeant

An incentive to Stop SpawnCamping

AS usual if this gets posted on the offical forums your an ass.

Incentive to Stop spawn Camping,

For 1 minute after you spawn getting killed does not count. The timer is stoped if you:

1) Change into any other type of armour
2) use Any Terminals
3) use Any favorites

No reason to spawn camp if it doesnt pad out your stats

Also another thing, Add Deaths to the stats, you will see most people dont have such good stats anymore.

And Cos i hate this so very much

Reaver rocket spamm kills on troops no longer count, too easy to just spamm 24 rockets into one guy. <-- Add this and you will see Some Reaver pilots lose about 3/4th of their kills.

Not trying to start a flame, im 2 cuddly
Old 2003-09-10, 11:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #367
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

Well, there's no real reason to spawn camp, except to keep people from tube hopping. Base hack experiance is as follows....

The server starts counting ever UNIQUE kill made within a SOI 25 minutes before a hack goes through. That means all the different kills made, not the same soldier over and over. The first kill on that soldier is counted, the rest are not. So the only reason to spawn camp is too keep people from spawn tube hopping, and to keep people from leaving the spawn room, all this without destroying the tubes.

I can see your point about padding kill stats though. I, however, like to run out with my basic supressor and run at the first grunt I see firing. I usually kill him too before I die. 50 Exp for me, 1 or 2 exp for the guy that killed me. beauty.

Last edited by Flammey; 2003-09-10 at 11:51 PM.
Old 2003-09-11, 04:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #368
Madcat170
Sergeant

Infil's

Was just thinking...why not give the infils a little buff

An Extra 2 cert point ability thats needs the infil suit to be able to buy.

For 2 cert points u get a Darklight Resistant Cloaky suit would have to have some disadvantages obviosly like a slightly smaller inventory ( cant get much smaller any way), would still have the faster you move more you can be seen bit, but it would probbally make them over powered. Any ideas on a way to poke it?
Old 2003-09-11, 01:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #369
Liquidtide
Contributor
First Lieutenant

There are a few things that I would like to see that are easily implemented and don't change the game too much.

1) Mortars!!! Please, I hate being outside a base, or inside for that matter, with an ams on the other side and I can't touch it. Mortars have been around since WWI I think the future has them too....

2) Scuba Gear... maybe a implant... so instead of crossing that mined bridge you can walk under it.

3) If ANT drivers get exp for unloading that why can't AMS drivers get 3 - 5 exp for every spawned troop, or meds and engys can get 1 exp for every set of 10 health or 32 armor they repair?

This is just a weeks worth of development and coding, please PS make the game up to par before CC comes out.

~TIDE
Old 2003-09-11, 04:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #370
snypz
Private

Penalties for Death.
there all ready are penalties for death, if u start dieing frequently, ur spawn time gets bigger and bigger

http://www.terranrepublic.com

I'm a who thinks and

my moto: screw the blue
Old 2003-09-11, 10:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #371
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

I'd like to see an Air vehicle that drops landmines, kind of like modern day Tornado. These mines would blow up after, say 30 seconds, damaging anyone near them. Or if an enemy comes into contact with them before that time, they blow up, but they are harmless to friendlies, until the 30 seconds is up.

Just a thought.
Old 2003-09-12, 04:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #372
Madcat170
Sergeant

Originally posted by snypz
there all ready are penalties for death, if u start dieing frequently, ur spawn time gets bigger and bigger
Decent Penalties that arnt patheticly pointless. nice big old EXP debt would be good, but would drive away the non twich gamers so it isnt really fair.

wow it takes me 5 seconds more to spawn I DONT WANT TO DIE *hides*

Pfft.
Old 2003-09-13, 02:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #373
MuNsTeR
Sergeant Major

this post is getting too long
Old 2003-09-13, 12:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #374
Jagd
Major

Thumbs up

Thanks for making it needlessly longer!
Old 2003-09-14, 05:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #375
Halberd1216
Private

Wish List

Just a few ideas here,that i reckon could help out the gameplay a bit.

1)Construction vehicles

--have a craft that can build defences( bulldozer ?) the ability to put up walls/berms or other obstacles to slow down the enemy,obviously a balance required here,but if anyone designed a base where you could just hurtle in and out or race around and shoot the defenders would be shot at dawn.

2) Combat Engineer Tractor

either a purpose built vehicle or a cert buyable mod for a tank that allows you to plough/detonate through the mines that litter all over the area,and the ability to destroy barriers ( as above )

3) Battlefield hospital

a deployable vehicle that can be used as a field hospital,a certain " bubble " or force field around it that slowly heals all inside but prevents you shooting out----and here the good bit---enemies outside the bubble can shoot in at the patients but get a huge grief penalty for doing so......

6) hover bike etc etc

The vs love their hover vehicles,so give them a Wraith like hover bike,no weapons,no invisable just good old fashioned speed and ability to cross water..
For The Tr, maybe a basilisk with faster firing gatlings with even larger ammo hoppers..
For The NC,possibly have a basilisk fitted with a big powerful and slow firing 20mm autogun-good power against hard and soft but slow rate of fire..

7) FLAMETHROWERS---i say again FLAMETHROWERS

no self respecting game can exist without a big,friendly,Bar-b-q on legs

thats it really, but this could be great stuff for a future update

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion