News: Planetside 2 beta plans - Page 47 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Galaxy Drops! New and Improved Cherry Flavor!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-15, 12:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #691
DarkChiron
First Sergeant

Re: Planetside 2 beta plans

Originally Posted by IDukeNukeml View Post
I have been proven wrong about this community and their maturity. I forseen people bitching and complaining about various things as a whole and this has not happened. This site really is one of the very last true communities and it saddens my heart that I doubted yall.
Much love.
Old 2012-07-15, 12:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #692
indirect
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Rivenshield View Post
Define 'a few.'

/ducks
Old 2012-07-15, 12:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #693
Otleaz
Second Lieutenant

Funny, this is one of the worst communities that I have ever experienced. It is only slightly ahead of MMORPG.com.

To put it bluntly, this community is dumb. This is far more infuriating than any amount of insults or trolls. You can still have discussions with people insulting each other, I can't say the same here.

Of course, not everyone in the community falls in that description, and you know who you are if you don't.
Old 2012-07-15, 12:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #694
DarkChiron
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Otleaz View Post
Funny, this is one of the worst communities that I have ever experienced. It is only slightly ahead of MMORPG.com.

To put it bluntly, this community is dumb. This is more infuriating than any amount of insults or trolls. You can still have discussions with people insulting each other, I can't say the same here.
I thought we had something!
Old 2012-07-15, 12:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #695
Otleaz
Second Lieutenant

To be fair, it did help me.

I always thought I was pretty far below average when it came to knowledge. I can look at myself in a new light from now on.
Old 2012-07-15, 01:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #696
Hamma
PSU Admin

To put it bluntly, this community is dumb. This is far more infuriating than any amount of insults or trolls. You can still have discussions with people insulting each other, I can't say the same here.

Of course, not everyone in the community falls in that description, and you know who you are if you don't.
I invite you to leave then. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-07-15, 01:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #697
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by IDukeNukeml View Post
The site admin and I along with his lackies got into a semi argument about this, I was worried that this community will soon explode into a rage fit about not being invited into beta, even as vets.

He assured me that he had everything under control and at that moment I didn't see how that was possible, I mean you have thousands of new members here and just as many vets and they are all very eager to be apart of this epic game, I could not see how he could control it. Then I got it. It's us. We are the reason this community doesn't explode even when we want to. It can't be a fear of ban or peer dismisal because FFS I would have been the first out the door.

As I suppose my signature way is, I'm pretty fit shaced right now. All of us, including the newbies to the site who have never heard of Planetside before have been following this game extremely close and have been on these forums to get the most updated news. The one thing I want everyone to know is that we will play Planetside 2.

We may not be accepted into the technical test today and even as veterans, we may not be in the first three waves of beta invites but rest assured, we will play this game.

I have been proven wrong about this community and their maturity. I forseen people bitching and complaining about various things as a whole and this has not happened. This site really is one of the very last true communities and it saddens my heart that I doubted yall.

So for the next month or so, or however long it takes. Let's continue sitting in this forum, spamming f5 to our inboxes and talking about what we want PS2to be. <3
Thanks Duke.

Either way - we will get through this like we have many other events in PlanetSide. I hope to have you by my side.. well unless you are dirty NC or VS

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer

Last edited by Hamma; 2012-07-15 at 01:07 AM.
Old 2012-07-15, 01:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #698
Krawanan
Corporal

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
win.
Old 2012-07-15, 01:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #699
Otleaz
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
I didn't mean any personal offense on your part. There are so many unknown factors as to why a community forms the way it does, nobody can be held responsible.
Old 2012-07-15, 01:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #700
MaxoramaUSMC
Private

Well.... I will never play beta.... I hope I get in it in the next 25 days :/
Old 2012-07-15, 01:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #701
Sotonian
Corporal

Go to the Battlefield 3, FIFA or MOBA genre communities, come back in 3 months and tell us this community is one of the worst you experienced.
Old 2012-07-15, 02:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #702
Bags
Lieutenant General

If this is the worst community you've been involved in, stay away from LoL/DOTA/HoN please.
Old 2012-07-15, 02:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #703
Grimster
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
If this is the worst community you've been involved in, stay away from LoL/DOTA/HoN please.

This made me lol.

Seriously though if you are calling PSU for one of the worst communities you ever expierenced you can't have been a part of that many communities.

This is easily one the best I have ever been a part of and also the most passionate. Everyone here together with Hamma and crew help shape this community to what it is and imo it is awesome, even though I have lately realized that I live on the wrong side of the pond.
NEED UPDATES!
Old 2012-07-15, 02:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #704
Otleaz
Second Lieutenant

I've been a part of all three of the major MOBA communities. Hon for only a month or so, though.

I don't know what FIFA is, and I never touched battlefield 3.

Hon and DOTA were nothing compared to the sandbox communities of Mortal Online and Darkfall Online in terms of viciousness. League of legends didn't really have a functioning community since it was so large; discussion was either impossible, or involved a lot of +1s.

The planetside type of community is new to me... Attempting intelligent discussion but failing(for the most part). I find it infuriating.

The best community I have seen has been in Final fantasy 11, though I didn't really like the game. Anarchy Online also has a fantastic community from what I have seen of it.

Last edited by Otleaz; 2012-07-15 at 02:22 AM.
Old 2012-07-15, 02:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #705
Bags
Lieutenant General

Why are you looking for intelligent discussion in the beta thread?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion