Why I quit PS1 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Political Science Universe
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-07, 05:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

Re: Why I quit PS1

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
You talk about squad respawn ? This isnt tactical ? If i say i use Squad leader (( infiltrator )) who sneak up into a based and make their 9 squad member droping with pod on him this isnt a viable tactics ?

Sorry but all this dont make sens
COD infantry combat where enemies randomly spawn all over the place is not tactical, it is randomly shooting all over the place.

Tactics implies realism, not wackamole or Donkey Kong. At least an ounce of realism would be sufficient.
Old 2012-07-07, 05:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Littleman
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Buggsy View Post
COD infantry combat where enemies randomly spawn all over the place is not tactical, it is randomly shooting all over the place.

Tactics implies realism, not wackamole or Donkey Kong. At least an ounce of realism would be sufficient.
The year is twenty-eight-hundred... something. Interstellar travel is possible, and you have guys on one side spewing plasma energy all over the place obeying some cryptic disembodied voice, yet one guy with the ranking privileges to call in ODST's to his position is beyond the realm of suspension of disbelief?

Last I heard, it's about 3 squad members tops, with a few minutes cooldown before the squad can spawn on top of their leader again. An infiltrator or LA getting behind enemy lines would only be capable of summoning a small team of commandos, however effective they may be.
Old 2012-07-07, 05:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Littleman View Post
The year is twenty-eight-hundred... something. Interstellar travel is possible, and you have guys on one side spewing plasma energy all over the place obeying some cryptic disembodied voice, yet one guy with the ranking privileges to call in ODST's to his position is beyond the realm of suspension of disbelief?
You know how stupid Star Wars movies would have looked if Storm Troopers just randomly appeared all over the place?

"Looks like you managed to cut off our only escape route."

"Maybe you'd like it back in your cell Princess."

5 storm troopers spawn in behind them. OH yeah that would look so cool.

Last edited by Buggsy; 2012-07-07 at 05:50 PM.
Old 2012-07-07, 05:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
SixShooter
Captain

You know how stupid Star Wars movies would have looked if Storm Troopers just randomly appeared all over the place?

Wow man, you're starting a lot of angry threads today that are all pretty much about the same thing Have you even seen how squad spawning works? It's not like BF3 where they just appear, you can see the drop pods from a mile away and it takes a decent amount of time to hit the ground. Also, the cooldown timer before you can do it again is pretty long so if you die right after squad spawning you'll have to find a hard spawn point.

I know you like to use the term "dumbing it down" alot but maybe you should play the game before you freak out about it. Just a suggestion man

Old 2012-07-11, 03:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Shadowrath
Contributor
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by SixShooter View Post
Wow man, you're starting a lot of angry threads today that are all pretty much about the same thing Have you even seen how squad spawning works? It's not like BF3 where they just appear, you can see the drop pods from a mile away and it takes a decent amount of time to hit the ground. Also, the cooldown timer before you can do it again is pretty long so if you die right after squad spawning you'll have to find a hard spawn point.

I know you like to use the term "dumbing it down" alot but maybe you should play the game before you freak out about it. Just a suggestion man
Case and point.

| cyberneticpunks.com - Hostile Takeovers - Liquidation - No Survivors
| Join the new face of the old guard.
Old 2012-08-01, 08:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
TheDAWinz
Sergeant Major

You do realize the stormies were under direct orders to let them go right? They could of done just that. Learn 2 cannon.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion