Consult the Oracle of Death - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Why dont you give me ape tit for $300
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-06-29, 11:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
MerlO
Private

Consult the Oracle of Death

Cross post from planetside Reddit:

http://ps2oraclestats.com

TLDR - A simple site displaying daily aggregated weapon stats from the SOE API Killstream.

I've continued to run maradines Oracle of Death here and collect daily aggregated weapon performance data from the API Killstream. Up till now the way to get at the oracle data has been through the use of an IRC bot / spreadsheets to present and perform analysis. The bot/spreadsheets method is not all that user friendly and makes the data largely inaccessible to most. This site is an attempt to make the data more easily available to the playerbase - visualizing it by plotting to charts I think is a good way to compare data and see trends over time. Use of highcharts was inspired by the borderline tactical population tracker by Knifey/KereD.

General Disclaimer: Care should be taken when comparing weapons, the oracle can indicate balance problems, but is not the final word or the solution. Interpretation is up to the user. Only SOE has the 'real' data. Numerous factors affect the way weapon stats are what they are. Population affects everything - low usage weapon stats can vary wildly. Newly introduced weapons will have high usage time as players rush to get Auraxium. The gradual dropping of all the stats over time is likely a result of dropping population.

There are more items I want to add to the site, but for now there are these:
  • Weapon stat tracker - plot of weapon stats over time for the particular weapons chosen.
  • Monthly Summary - Table showing average of last 30 days weapon performance for easy comparison within category. (planning to add variance to this in the future)
  • Daily Uniques Tracker - Tracks daily unique characters that were killed at least once - kind of a secondary population tracker to the borderline tactical logins.

I'd appreciate feedback / criticism to make it better
Old 2014-06-30, 04:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
ringring
Contributor
General

Re: Consult the Oracle of Death

I admit I have difficulty understanding what KPU is, hmm 'kills per unique' but what does that mean:
kills per person per session? - in which case KPU of 13 is really bad
kills per person between deaths - in which case KPU of 13 is really good.

anyway if you're looking at LMG KPU stats and take the results as advice to be followed for TR you should be using the T9 Carv S, then the T32 Bull then the NS15-M.

However, although I auraxiumed the Carv S I hated it with a passion, the T32 Bull is disliked almost immediately and put it down while I absolutley love the NS15-M.

I reckon the best advice is find a gun that you like and feels right to you, and that's it.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion