News: Beta Producers Letter and free PlanetSide 1 Game Time! - Page 18 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: the most important invention since sliced bread.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-26, 06:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Sephirex
Major

Re: Beta Producers Letter and free PlanetSide 1 Game Time!

Originally Posted by WarbirdTD View Post
After reading so many of the posts in this thread, I've reaffirmed my disgust of immature babies who feel entitled to everything.
I get a feeling this a lot of people's first time to a REAL early stage closed Beta. Everyone seems to be comparing this to the end of development Open Beta's some games do as publicity stunts/stress tests.
Old 2012-06-26, 06:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Poser
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Sephirex View Post
I get a feeling this a lot of people's first time to a REAL early stage closed Beta. Everyone seems to be comparing this to the end of development Open Beta's some games do as publicity stunts/stress tests.
Did you see watch the E3 footage? The game is already in a beta state. I just think SOE wants to collect data for balancing, rather than use it for de-bugging.
Old 2012-06-26, 06:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Sephirex
Major

Originally Posted by Poser View Post
Did you see watch the E3 footage? The game is already in a beta state. I just think SOE wants to collect data for balancing, rather than use it for de-bugging.
You just confirmed what I was saying.
Old 2012-06-26, 06:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
OnexBigxHebrew
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by WarbirdTD View Post
After reading so many of the posts in this thread, I've reaffirmed my disgust of immature babies who feel entitled to everything. What would the same children that are flinging hatred at SOE say if the game released too early in a buggy state? They would cry, throw tantrums, cuss out the devs, and quit the game that they DEMANDED be released immediately. Please, for the sake of Planetside 2 being the best damn game SOE's ever created, be patient and stop complaining.

At the SOE guys, PLEASE PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME! We've seen time and time again MMOs being released way before they are ready (Star Trek Online, SWTOR, LOTRO... countless others), and they fail ridiculously hard. You have an incredible opportunity to take the FPS and MMO genres by storm. Keep up the hard work peeps, I'll be waiting!
I don't think the issue is with there not being a beta yet, I think it's the perception of the ambiguity contained in a post (with Radarx's admittedly vague explanations ) that was supposed to be the announcement we were to be waiting for to clarify things. lol. Instead, there was a lot of misleading jargon folowed by 20 posters that insisted they knew exactly what it meant and gave their own speculative timeframes. If the announcement was perfectly clear, we wouldn't all still be speculating on the internet. Just my two cents.

I'd rather have a date (or set of dates) and wait patiently wether they stick to it or not, instead of wondering if I should be refreshing my email over and over now or a month from now, lol. I'd rather have a date that gets pushed back then have no idea at all.
Old 2012-06-26, 06:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Koosalagoosagoo
Private

Great so what about if you got a beta key over twitter...
Old 2012-06-26, 06:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Sephirex
Major

Originally Posted by Koosalagoosagoo View Post
As far as I can tell you're in the same boat as the rest of the non-vets with keys. Someone might try to tell you're behind the PCGamer keys, but no ones been able to give me proof yet. *a tweet from before Twitter keys were known about or existed DOESN'T count*
Old 2012-06-26, 08:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
OnexBigxHebrew
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Sephirex View Post
As far as I can tell you're in the same boat as the rest of the non-vets with keys. Someone might try to tell you're behind the PCGamer keys, but no ones been able to give me proof yet. *a tweet from before Twitter keys were known about or existed DOESN'T count*
This, exactly. I woud put money on the 'priority keys' from twitter being the exact same 'priority keys' from the magazine. I don't thionk a lot of people understand right now that the twitter keys say "Congratulations: Priority Beta Access", and I'd be willing to bet that the only reason we aren't confirmed to be in the same boat is to keep everyone guessing to give hem more freedom during selection, instead of having to actually abide by anyone's entitlement tiers (and tears ). I've been replied to for VARIOUS posts on twitter, and yet the question I ask that they never even acknowledge is whether we're in the same boat, and I bet they've been told not to. We'll see I suppose.
Old 2012-06-26, 08:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Chowley
Corporal

Originally Posted by Koosalagoosagoo View Post
I'd be interested to know myself.
I'm guessing now it will be a long wait, but I'm pessimistic about games these days in general

Not what I was hoping for, I thought the hints from certain people were rather misleading. But fuck it, such is life. I have Tribes Ascend to keep me amused until I get into beta anyway. I suppose I could go off and dribble over Shootmania as well.
Old 2012-06-26, 06:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Broadside
Sergeant

So, if I have a PS1 subscription but I entered a beta key in before I actually did the sub, which category do I fall under? Key or Veteran?
Old 2012-06-26, 06:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
kaffis
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Broadside View Post
So, if I have a PS1 subscription but I entered a beta key in before I actually did the sub, which category do I fall under? Key or Veteran?
By the best accounts we have, the two are equivalent when it comes to them sitting down and passing out beta invites.
Old 2012-06-26, 06:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Sifer2
Major

Originally Posted by Broadside View Post

Well if they have any sense all that should be necessary is having PS1 time on your account you signed up for Beta with to flag you as a Veteran.
Old 2012-06-26, 06:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
SatansReject
Private

Misc Info

The tears are flowing.
Old 2012-06-26, 06:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Furber
First Sergeant

I have a question, what happens to the PS1 Vets who also got PC Gamer keys? Are they in the PS1 Vet priority or did getting a PC Gamer key actually push them behind ps1 vet status?
Old 2012-06-26, 11:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Tarconus
Corporal

Originally Posted by Furber View Post
I have a question, what happens to the PS1 Vets who also got PC Gamer keys? Are they in the PS1 Vet priority or did getting a PC Gamer key actually push them behind ps1 vet status?
They are the same time not behind. It's the same pool some pc gamer keys will get in before vets and vice versa.
Old 2012-06-27, 02:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Furber
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Tarconus View Post
They are the same time not behind. It's the same pool some pc gamer keys will get in before vets and vice versa.
Ah, that's reassuring. Thanks!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion