Now that OSOK are confirmed, Should Sniper Work/Sacrifice for it? - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Do not press the red button
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Should Snipers Sacrifice/Work for OSOK
No 21 21.88%
Yes Armor(Can be headshotted by any sniper and get more damage by any bullet) 23 23.96%
Yes Accuracy 30 31.25%
Yes Recoil 34 35.42%
Yes Ammo per Clip 29 30.21%
Yes reload times 33 34.38%
I have a better Sacrifice for them I will explain in my post 8 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-07-16, 05:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
Redshift
Major

Re: Now that OSOK are confirmed, Should Sniper Work/Sacrifice for it?

Originally Posted by Volw View Post
Most of PS1 players are far above BR25 and have access to pretty much all certs. What's the difference?
because most people agree that was a mistake
Old 2011-07-16, 05:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
Volw
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Redshift View Post
because most people agree that was a mistake
True, but even though everyone has access to everything, I don't see indoor battles turning into MAXfest and bridge battles turning into a sniperfest.
All that matters is that there is enough freedom, and enough fuckers to kill, in the game that Renegade Legion can do our thing. If there is that, then the rest of the game shall be bent to our will, just like the first one was. - Hovis [RL] on PS2

Renegade Legion
http://forums.renegade-legion.org
Old 2011-07-16, 05:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
Redshift
Major

True, but even though everyone has access to everything, I don't see indoor battles turning into MAXfest and bridge battles turning into a sniperfest.
i do

if you're being pushed into a spawn room so much that you're taking half damage by the time you get to the term you're obviously going to pull AI max then AV max then AA max then rexo's, currently not everyone can do that.

Now i don't know how it will work in PS2 but if that system was just dumped into PS1 pushing a spawn room would never work down to the shear number of AV weapons you can't carry :P

I hope they've thought of things like that, but i'm still reserving my right to be pessimistic :P
Old 2011-07-16, 02:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Coreldan
Colonel

Rather have it from the get-go or not have it at all. I think it's a horrible idea of a vet having a built-in mechanic to allow to deal more damage than a new player.
Old 2011-07-16, 02:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Tybo
Private

Sniper was kind of a joke in PS1, hopefully they wiill be a bit more usefull in PS2, as a scout/sniper combo rather than firing a highly visible/innacurate laser beam.
Old 2011-07-16, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Bags
Lieutenant General

Sniper was fine in PS1.
Old 2011-07-16, 09:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Lunarchild
First Sergeant

Misc Info

I personally think one shot one kill should only work long range: The further away, the harder it is to hit someone's head. Otherwise people will just use it as a chance mechanism and jump for someone's head and fire to get an insta-kill.

I also think that sniper's bullets should be affected by both bullet drop and time latency, making it hard enough to hit someone, and VERY hard to hit someone's head!
Old 2011-07-16, 09:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Valdae
Sergeant

Well I'm sure everyone knows that unlike games like TF2 and CS:S, scoping in the first Planetside required waiting a few seconds for the crosshairs to fully shrink. If they implement the same system with bullet physics in PS2, then I dont see any way in which headshots will seem overpowered - particularly in close combat. And just for the record, I thought sniping in PS1 was pretty underwhelming.
Old 2011-07-16, 09:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
CutterJohn
Colonel

Originally Posted by Lunarchild View Post
Otherwise people will just use it as a chance mechanism and jump for someone's head and fire to get an insta-kill.
They'll try. And mostly suck at it. And the long reload on the sniper rifles and short ttk of other weapons will mean they die far more often than not.

In BC2, sniper rifles are one shot body shots within 10 meters, and most snipers will still just switch to their pistol for short range stuff because a pistol is a better CQC weapon than a one shot one kill anywhere on the body rifle with a long reload.

That reload kills you.
Old 2011-07-16, 11:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Kran De Loy
Captain

newb Question: What is OSOK?

From the references I think it's One Shot One Kill, but I want to confirm. I tried to google it and I kept getting bullshit data bases saying they have no fucking clue either.

Btw: One of guildies said he loved being a sniper with 2 rifles in PS1.. I think he said he took a major hit in ammo and no other back up weapon, but he did it because it was faster to shoot, switch weapons than shoot again than it was to wait for the reload on the first rifle by something like half a second or so which would really throw off most people with any experience in a sniper fight.

That's a pretty good example of balance between tactics and risks, imo.

Last edited by Kran De Loy; 2011-07-16 at 11:16 PM.
Old 2011-07-17, 12:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
CutterJohn
Colonel

osok = one shot one kill.
Old 2011-07-17, 12:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
Kran De Loy
Captain

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
osok = one shot one kill.
tyvm for the confirm.
Old 2011-07-17, 02:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
Volw
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Kran De Loy View Post
Btw: One of guildies said he loved being a sniper with 2 rifles in PS1.. I think he said he took a major hit in ammo and no other back up weapon, but he did it because it was faster to shoot, switch weapons than shoot again than it was to wait for the reload on the first rifle by something like half a second or so which would really throw off most people with any experience in a sniper fight.

That's a pretty good example of balance between tactics and risks, imo.

That's a pretty good example of abusing game mechanics.
All that matters is that there is enough freedom, and enough fuckers to kill, in the game that Renegade Legion can do our thing. If there is that, then the rest of the game shall be bent to our will, just like the first one was. - Hovis [RL] on PS2

Renegade Legion
http://forums.renegade-legion.org
Old 2011-07-17, 02:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #59
exLupo
Contributor
Sergeant Major

That's a pretty good example of abusing game mechanics.
Making the most of a bad situation. You gimped yourself so much by dual slotting bolt drivers that the more or less absent dev staff didn't deem it worth their extremely limited man hours.
There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die beneath the heel of your boot.

And that was that.
Old 2011-07-17, 03:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
Vancha
Colonel

That's the same "trick" I mentioned on page 3. Extra ammo, extra armour and quicker kills compared to agile...If that's gimping myself, hand me my zipmask.

Last edited by Vancha; 2011-07-17 at 03:22 AM.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion