Mag Scatter in stealth - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: May cause headaches and nausea.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2002-12-21, 10:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Zarparchior
Dragoon Admiral

Beamer > Judge Dredd's Pistol
Old 2002-12-21, 01:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Delos
Private

Its amazing how some people have such vivid imaginations that they can turn a simple question like "can you use a mag scatter pistol with a stealth suit?" into some discriptive story about hacking a base.
Old 2002-12-21, 01:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Zarparchior
Dragoon Admiral

People = Craizee
Old 2002-12-21, 02:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Sjekso
Private

i agree with Dio, dont underestimate the Repeater. Also, the Mag Scatter and Beamer aren't bad either. But what about the AMP, common pool weapon, that is well.. no i think it sucks.

Also, do you think Infiltration suits will be able to carry the Suppressor? if we can, that'd be awesome.

Dead girls dancing burn and twirl, witch hunt, witch hunt burn this girl...

The willow knows what the storm does not: that the power to endure harm outlives the power to inflict it.
Old 2002-12-21, 02:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Zarparchior
Dragoon Admiral

Yeah. The AMP looks not so great IMO.

Could be wrong though. The game isn't out yet.
Old 2002-12-21, 03:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
�io
Lieutenant General

Hehe no we can't carry the suppresor in an infiltration suit. Well nothing is confirmed so far but i'm like 95% sure they won't let you carry it. That or you can carry the gun but have no more run for ammo.
Old 2002-12-21, 05:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
glsauron
Sergeant

A: Yes, I got a little off topic

B: AP (armor pierce or anti-personel? Thinking armor pierce) ammo = not usable in pistol. So AP is only qualified for the TR pistol. Shotgun useful in bases though, so thinking it'd be most useful in situation described above.

C: AMP = worthless as recoil and limited ammo run through very quick in AMP with stealth carrying capacity. Same with the TR repeater + stealth.

D: Suppressor is listed as a rifle. Lights firing through trees/cover maybe? Not usable with the stealth

E: Cant wait for game to come out
Old 2002-12-21, 05:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
�io
Lieutenant General

I dunno if pistols can have AP rounds. On the one hand it makes sense they could use it otherwise stealths have no chance against nearly anything. On the other if all pistols can carry AP rounds it makes the beamer suck since it would have no advantage over the other pistols.
Old 2002-12-21, 05:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Zarparchior
Dragoon Admiral

Then what's the advantage of the majority of other energy weapons?
Old 2002-12-21, 06:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
�io
Lieutenant General

Well all the other weapons have more of a difference than simply the stats. Like the anti-vehicles, the energy weapons plus there is it is faster and more precise than a missile. Or the lasher has splash damage,etc.

But when you compare the pistols they all work the same so the only difference is stats. There is no splash damage or more direct fire advantage.

(Not sure if that made sense but i don't know how else to explain it )
Old 2002-12-21, 06:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Zarparchior
Dragoon Admiral

Originally posted by Dio
Like the anti-vehicles, the energy weapons plus there is it is faster and more precise than a missile.
Alright... that's kinda confusing by itself.

I think what you're trying to say is that energy weapons all have an inate benefit, are you not?

The TR pistol has good RoF.
The NC pistol has great damage/short range.
The VS pistol is energy.

Doesn't this define all of their attributes for these empire specific pieces? That is EXACTLY my point! Whatever the benefits to having an energy weapon is - you will have it with the Beamer.

Just like the TR have their fast firing Repeater...
Just like the NC have their shotgun pistol...
Old 2002-12-21, 07:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
�io
Lieutenant General

Ok i knew it was confusing.
I'll try to make it easier to understand.

In the anti-vehicles category the energy weapons advatange is it is faster and more precise than a missile. The pulsar has a low recoil, the lasher has splash damage. But when it comes to pistols the beamer has inferior stats in all categories when compared to the other 2 pistols, the only advantage the beamer had was armor piercing but if the other 2 have AP capability then it has none. The beamer doesn't have a higher refire rate or longer range.

In other words in any other comparaison each empire weapon has 1 or more advantages over the others, be it faster refire rate or longer range or splash damage, but in the case of the pistols the VS have only AP has an advantage over the other 2 so if that goes their pistol sucks.
Old 2002-12-21, 08:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

I dont think the MAG-scatter will have an AP mode as it is a shotgun pistole, unelss you can load it with Slugs. I think they shoudnt give the MAG-scatter a slug option.

The Repeater has the advatnatage of better range than the MAG-scatter and probably better damage and RoF than the Beamer.

The Beamer will likely have the best range and accuracy, but the lowest damage in its primary mode of all the pistoles. This will be countered by useing the same ammunition for normal and AP shots. Also, I'm guessing the AP shots from teh beamper will do more damage than those from the Repeater and AMP.

The AMP has the fastest fire-rate of the pistoles, but lacks accuracy and ammo cappacity.

Also, most pistols(present time) are capable of useing AP rounds that will go though a so-called "bullet-proof-vest".
Old 2002-12-21, 10:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
glsauron
Sergeant

Beamer=
Same ammo between primary and AP, prob best AP dmg

Repeater=
High RoF, AP with dif rounds.

Mag Scatter=
High Dmg. No AP (or slugs?). Best standard short range dmg.
Old 2002-12-21, 11:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
�io
Lieutenant General

AMP
Source: Common Pool
Handling: Pistol
Damage: Medium
Maximum Range: Medium
Refire Rate: Very Fast

The AMP is designed for close range combat. It is the only fully automatic weapon of its type and can empty a full clip of ammunition very quickly. However, it suffers from poor recoil, causing it to be very inaccurate when fired in full automatic mode.

Beamer
Source: Vanu Sovereignty
Handling: Energy Pistol
Damage: High
Maximum Range: Short
Refire Rate: Medium

The Beamer is the handy sidearm of the Vanu Sovereignty. It uses energy cells instead of regular ammunition, and thus has some flexibility over other sidearms. It can be converted from a regular energy blaster to a more focused, armor piercing shot that consumes more energy. Thus, it is good for regular close-in firefights as well as a reasonable anti-vehicular weapon.

MAG-Scatter
Source: New Conglomerate
Handling: Shotgun Pistol
Damage: High
Maximum Range: Short
Refire Rate: Fast

Essentially a handheld shotgun pistol, the Scatter Pistol is primarily designed for close quarters combat. Due to its short barrel design, the Scatter Pistol loses effectiveness beyond a relatively close range.

Repeater
Source: Terran Republic
Handling: Pistol
Damage: Medium
Maximum Range: Medium
Recoil Penalty: Medium
Refire Rate: Fast

This is the primary sidearm for Terran Republic officers. It is a sturdy workhorse with a decent clip size, good damage, and reasonable range, making it very handy for close-quarters fights.
As long as the MAG doesn't have AP rounds the pistols should be pretty even.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion