News: Dev Chat with Amit Patel - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Your backdoor isn't locked....
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-12-06, 03:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Raka Maru
Major

Yes, very impressive resume. Has the guts to pursue what he wants, gotta respect that.
Old 2011-12-06, 04:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Canaris
Contributor
General

Re: Dev Chat with Amit Patel

Originally Posted by Raka Maru View Post
Yes, very impressive resume. Has the guts to pursue what he wants, gotta respect that.
indeed and I only saw one black mark against him on the whole thing

Great read and glad to have you aboard Amit, I see he does Krav Maga also, what an amazing marshal art..... well not really an art more of a marshal mauling

good stuff

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2011-12-06, 05:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Raka Maru
Major

Originally Posted by Canaris View Post
indeed and I only saw one black mark against him on the whole thing

Great read and glad to have you aboard Amit, I see he does Krav Maga also, what an amazing marshal art..... well not really an art more of a marshal mauling

good stuff
Yes, more like street fighting. Kinda similar philosophy to JKD, no rules, not even tournament stuff. Very deadly.

And yes, he's VS so we must shoot him.
Old 2011-12-06, 09:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Shogun
Contributor
General

do you think it´s pure accident, that we get info about ui designers, shortly after the agn with matt, where an ui guy came into the room and we showed great interest and respect for the guy?

i was a soe hater as well because they killed two of my most favorite games in the past, but i am very impressed by now, that they really seem to have learned their lesson. maybe it´s because the ps2 team is assembled only out of the best of the best of the industry ;-)
almost every info we get makes us crave for more! and whenever we show interest in something special, the devs try to give us info on that if it´s not too much in flux and therefore still top secret.

i really would like to see some UI screenies, if there is anything set to stone already!
because this guy is right, UI is more important to a game than anyone would notice.
you only notice when the ui is bad and kills the flow of the game. the best ui is so intuitive that the gamer doesn´t even notice it´s quality. i can hardly imagine how hard it is to accomplish that!
Old 2011-12-06, 09:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Tasorin
Staff Sergeant

You had me at Vehicle HUD's...

Chop-Chop, get that stuff implemented.

We want some Alpha build game footage for X-mas.
Old 2011-12-06, 10:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Chaff
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

A lot of answers were imbedded in this guys brief interview.

1) Wall Street is F'ked up because smart worldly cats like Amit are choosing Fun Street over Wall Street.

2) If the VS appear too powerful in early game play - I will know T-Ray, Amit, and others are in a league of treasonous Purple Tyranny. (keep an eye on them Higster !)

3) THE PS2 TEAM KICKS ASS !

4) I never paid attention to how cohesive and sneaky these Barneys really are.

Last edited by Chaff; 2011-12-06 at 10:33 AM.
Old 2011-12-06, 12:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Trolltaxi
Sergeant Major

4) What are you currently working on for the game?

Core UI architecture design and implementation and various UI elements in the game, including: infantry HUD, vehicle HUDs, character create/select screen, respawn screen, character/vehicle loadout pages, profile page, social page, settings page, and will be the primary developer of the marketplace.

Does that mean that although we will have a rigid class system, we will still have some freedom in fine-tuning our equipment? Or is it the interface for weapon/veichle costumization?
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-12-06, 12:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Higby
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Creative Director

Originally Posted by Trolltaxi View Post

Core UI architecture design and implementation and various UI elements in the game, including: infantry HUD, vehicle HUDs, character create/select screen, respawn screen, character/vehicle loadout pages, profile page, social page, settings page, and will be the primary developer of the marketplace.

Does that mean that although we will have a rigid class system, we will still have some freedom in fine-tuning our equipment? Or is it the interface for weapon/veichle costumization?
There's extremely deep customization for weapons, abilities, items etc within each class.
Old 2011-12-06, 12:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
There's extremely deep customization for weapons, abilities, items etc within each class.
Give us a class as example!
Old 2011-12-06, 12:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Raymac
Brigadier General

I actually thought that was a very interesting question and answer myself, but I was drawn to the "social page" and "marketplace". I'm wondering if the social page is more for in-game stuff like friends list and outfit info, or is it more like social media i.e. facebook and you tube?

Also, since we knew that PS2 was going to be f2p, we all kind of assumed there would be a cash shop type of thing, but now I'm much more curious about what it will look like and what will be in it.

Old 2011-12-06, 12:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Graywolves
General

I don't care, I just want to see MAX's
Old 2011-12-06, 12:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Shogun
Contributor
General

the marketplace...

sounds more like it´s for exchange between players?!?!
or did he mean cash shop with the term marketplace?

will there be item or resource trading between players?
Old 2011-12-06, 01:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
the marketplace...

sounds more like it´s for exchange between players?!?!
or did he mean cash shop with the term marketplace?

will there be item or resource trading between players?
I hope there's exchanges between players, want to be able to have in game contests and provide an actual reward.
Old 2011-12-06, 01:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Trolltaxi
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
I meant by fine tuning the old PS system, where you could pick your weapons and equipment, place it into the inventory, add medpacks, or more ammo etc.

But with PS2 class system I have always thought that you will have a standard "medic" or "pilot" or "engi" equipment - though you can pretty much costumize your weapon - and there will be no "backpack" to sort your inventory.
Old 2011-12-06, 04:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Xyntech
Brigadier General

I meant by fine tuning the old PS system, where you could pick your weapons and equipment, place it into the inventory, add medpacks, or more ammo etc.

But with PS2 class system I have always thought that you will have a standard "medic" or "pilot" or "engi" equipment - though you can pretty much costumize your weapon - and there will be no "backpack" to sort your inventory.
His post indicates what I have figured all along. Weapon customization is obviously new (and cool), but the rest are more like limited versions of the customization we had before.

Abilities = Implants
Well, implants and possibly things like healing team mates and setting up turrets. Still, just think of it as things that certain classes can do, that not everyone may be able to do, unlike implants which were one size fits all. You still get to choose which ones you use, within your classes available choices.

Items = Inventory
We won't be getting freeform inventories where we can stash an extra rifle up our ass, but the removal of freeform inventories doesn't mean we won't be able to customize what items we are carrying.

Of course, we may be more limited in what we carry, such as only being able to carry up to a certain amount of med kits or grenades, but it's still not a completely rigid lack of loadout customization.

I too would like to see some extreme examples of how diverse the loadout customization can get.

Like giving us to examples of the same class, but with radically different weapons, abilities and items.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion