have they fixed LAG problems ? (waited 2 buy) - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: [Insert funny hamma quote here]
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-08, 09:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
rain
Private

have they fixed LAG problems ? (waited 2 buy)

have they fixed LAG / BUG problems ? (waited 2 buy)

I have 900Mhz system, 1 gig ram, 64mb geforce2 card ... good enough ?
Old 2004-02-08, 09:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
ZionsFire
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by rain
have they fixed LAG / BUG problems ? (waited 2 buy)

I have 900Mhz system, 1 gig ram, 64mb geforce2 card ... good enough ?

Might want to think about upgrading first. I would recommend a 128meg video card.
That 900Mhz is not gonna cut it. You need atleast 1.8Ghz. And how fast is your RAM?
Old 2004-02-08, 10:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

You need to upgrade the Vid card. For less than 100 bucks you can get a DX9 generation card that would boost you quite a lot
Old 2004-02-08, 11:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

The processor is gonna kill you man, 20 min load times at the mininum. Get a faster processor and a better video card and you will be set. 900mhz is unplayable tho.
Old 2004-02-08, 11:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
GreyFox
First Sergeant

Listen to the wise posters.

Most important thing to upgrade of what you got is probably your processor at the moment, it's your worse bottleneck at only 900 Mhz.

The game is playable with a 64Mb Gfx card though, but I recomment you to upgrade to a 128mb one, and a modern one, like the ATI Radeon 9600 or something.

Don't get 256Mb ram on the Gfx Card unless you are planning on running games in 1600x1280 or higher.
Old 2004-02-08, 11:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Mognoc
Sergeant

Rain - Listen to these guys, planetside is *not* for the casual gamer, so if you're thinking 'hey, it looks like Halo, I'll pick it up' then it's probably not for you...It's also one of the games with the harshest computer requirment, like these guys say.
Old 2004-02-08, 11:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Spee
Colonel

I have a 1.7 GHz Celeron, 1 gig pc2100, and a 64 meg ATI card, and the zerg battles still kill me.
Old 2004-02-08, 01:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
DaniFilth
Private

i got radeon 9800xt, amd64, audigy 2 plat 7.1 and 3 gig ram and the game still has sound issues with the rain cuttin off! and lag and fps
Old 2004-02-08, 01:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

OK people Videos CARD MEMORY DOES NOT MATTER! if you had a 64 mb 9600XT it would, without a doubt, do just as well as One with 256mb's of memory.

You could run it on all low settings and be ok.(low res too)

The truth is your system is gona be outdated for almost any new game you want to get so i would strongly look into getting a whole new comp, before you upgrade anything you have.

Becsaue your at the point were you system can't utilize newer hardware to it potential, Even if you got a 9800XT you would still get bad FPS, Your hardware constraints of your memory Bandwidth(you only have pc-133 at the most) and CPU speed, would keep the 9800Xt from perfoming up to par

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-02-08, 01:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

Rbstr, video ram makes a signifigant difference, but you have to tweak your grafix settings so that you use all of the RAM on your card.

Rain, spend a couple hundred bucks on upgradeing your comp, because you wont be able to do shit with that one. I'm running an AMD 2400+, a gig of RAM, and a Geforce FX with 128MB, and the masive zerg battles get real choppy. And this is on the grafics settings that will not enhance gameplay all the way down.
Old 2004-02-08, 01:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Yes it can make a difference but not more than about 1% so its not worth it

That biggest thing is people reffer to thier cards as a 128Mb FX, to me that means you put the biggest emphisis on the ammount of vram, and thats just stupid, that what the people likeDell want you to think so thay can sell you FX5200 256mb things on thier "gaming" machine instead of FX5900 128mb's

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-02-08, 04:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

You need to upgrade you video card and probably your processor as well. I played on a 950 with a 64 card and 768 RAM and the load times were actually decent, but unless you like playing a FPS game at 11 frames/sec you're gonna need to upgrade

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2004-02-09, 02:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Dyentious
Private

Well.. i know this isn't what you want to hear... but you're basically gonna need a new computer.

Here is how it works...

You'll need a new cpu, cause 900 mhx is not even cloes to cutting it.
You'll need a new motherboard to support your new CPU cause your old one won't.
Is that 1 gig of ram DDR ram? if it's in a board with a 900 mhx cpu i wouldn't think it is. You will definately need DDR for this game
The video card is just under par, but i'm not sure exactly how it would perform. Is it AGP? if not, you'll definately need an AGP card.

After all that, you'll probably need a new power supply, since your new motherboard and processor will take a hell of a lot more power than your old board did.

After all that there really isn't much left to yoru computer except peripheals and your IDE devices, so it all depends on how much money you have, and if you need a faster computer for anything else you want to do besides planetside.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion