Sick of surgers - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by candlelight.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-09, 09:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Surge is broken and chasing away new players.

It was a bad idea from the start.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2004-02-09, 09:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Aurorapro
Private

Use surge with your Rexo thats what i do, gives you enough time to spin the little gits and paste them.

Well most of the time :s
Old 2004-02-09, 11:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Black
Lieutenant Colonel

anyone can kill a jackhammer dude u dont even need jammers to kill them jus spray and pray with the MCG or lasher whatever and u still have the chance to kill them or if U have surge and reinforced jus hop around everywhere not that hard in reinforced either like me taking out 6 ppl that around 80 % of them had jachammer and agile on i waxed all of them by taking some tactical advantage (coming up behind them)
Old 2004-02-09, 11:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I know I sound like a retard by saying it, but some of us don't use jump in combat because it produces such ludicrous lag-effects. In other games, it looks like you're jumping around. In PlanetSide, it looks like you're teleporting into the floor and ceiling in rapid succession.

Laugh all you want.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2004-02-09, 11:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Black
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Veteran
I know I sound like a retard by saying it, but some of us don't use jump in combat because it produces such ludicrous lag-effects. In other games, it looks like you're jumping around. In PlanetSide, it looks like you're teleporting into the floor and ceiling in rapid succession.

Laugh all you want.
uhh who said that they jump
Old 2004-02-09, 11:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
ChemicalHex
Private

Originally Posted by Veteran

Laugh all you want.
Exactly. I admit that I am a surgemonkey. I use MCG combined with surge to gain an advantage over others. BUT the only reason I do so is to counter the large amounts of other people using surge to gain an advantage over ME. However, I do not jump because even I will not sink so low as to use such a huge exploit. It really sucks to be shooting someone, then suddenly have them go through the ceiling, and then through the floor, and then teleport behind you as a head on the ground that you can't shoot because hit detection is client side. I can't count the number of times I've logged off in frustration to people doing this. They should have never made it so you could jump whenever you want. It just gives the surgiles another advantage they can use against the common player just looking for some fun.
Old 2004-02-09, 11:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
infinite loop
First Sergeant

I totally agree Vet. The warping is almost as frustrating as the newish lag problems. Those 2 things have me screaming on a daily basis.

What even bothers me is the fact that I know I probably warp sometimes too, and I don't want to. I dropped on a tower last night, and a guy was guarding the cc. I dropped him and only took about half damage or less. I know him, so we talk about it for a bit. Turns out I was warping all over the place. I did nothing to explicitly warp, all I did was surge down the stairs. Lame.

Yeah, I use surge, and I'm not going to stop. They need to fix the warping, period. Surge is far too useful to completely remove it from the game. I probably only use surgile 10% of the time I play. I use surge in the field alot with rexo, even in non-combat situations. I think alot of people would be pissed to see it go, myself included.
Old 2004-02-09, 11:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

Probably the best asset to the surgeling is intimidation. If you remain calm, it is not that difficult to track their movement(when they warp, their avatar does actualy move on your client). You'd be supprised how many surgelings I've killed because the warping caused them to be hovering in some random corner, a perfect target for my gauss.
Old 2004-02-09, 12:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
TheN00b
Colonel

Jumping causes warping? Dammit, I'm sorry (seriously) to all the people out there who I've inadvertently pissed off . I have a damn good comp/connection, and aren't a surge monkey myself, so I don't really experience Surge problems.
Old 2004-02-09, 01:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

It doesnt always cause warping. I am not sure of the connection specifics but It is quite clear on my computer when someone knowing commits a Lag warp and when it is an accident. Jumping on flat ground doesnt cause a warp on my computer but if someone does it on a staircase then its a Warp almost everytime. The lag warp on stairs is extremely easy to spot and I just send tells to people I see exploiting that now and ask them to stop.
Old 2004-02-09, 01:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
ChemicalHex
Private

Typically the warping is the worst when there's a large battle. Even with a good connection and a higher end machine, there's ALOT of information being displayed and being sorted through. During larger battles, you don't even have to jump to warp around, although it isn't quite as bad. But usually what happens is that someone jumps on a staircase or from a roof or high spot, and on your screen it looks like they just fell through the world or (I especially love this one), they fall almost all the way through the world and appear as just a head on the ground, moving in every direction. It's annoying, but pretty comical. Running up stairs with surge will make you appear to run straight through walls. I haven't gotten hate tells so far, but I bet I warp around alot when I don't mean to (sorry )
Old 2004-02-09, 02:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

I have DSL and a Radeon 9800 XT overclocked so maybe that is why I almost never see a warp, but the only place I ever see them from someone not LD is a surgile jumping on his way up a staircase. This can be done at will and all the exploiters know how to do it
Old 2004-02-09, 02:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
TheN00b
Colonel

LOL, I've literally never seen a warp. But since I've got an Alienware comp with a 1500k connection, I guess it could be a large problem.
Old 2004-02-09, 02:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
martyr
Contributor
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Old 2004-02-09, 03:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

I normaly fall to any HA user mostly becuase i use teh guass almost exclusivly, but with the rexo buff, I have found that i can get the HS wielders/Surgiles much easier, because now they have to hit me alot more, and they are not very good at that. I however can hit stuff.

also i have never had a problem with warping, bad framrates sometimes but no warping

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion