Driver Experience - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Better than a kick in the shins.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-05-15, 07:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Sp3ctre
Sergeant Major

Driver Experience

I find it really annoying when you pay for a cert and help out your empire by driving people around, yet get NO experience for any kills/work.

For example, I got a Skyguard and invited a random person to gun for me. He took out 2 reavers and I get NOTHING. This is annoying as I am certified, so I should get a reward for using my skills.

Another problem is that Galaxy Pilots don't have any incentive to transport people because they get nothing for their hard work. Hotdropping a full galaxy over an enemy base is almost certain death for the Gal flyer. Why shouldn't s/he get anything for their troubles?

I think that kill experience from a vehicle should be split 50/50 between the gunner and the driver. But only the gunner who shot down the enemy (so any other gunners/passengers get nothing).

I'm not sure what to do with the galaxy, you can't give experience for hotdropping as people could just get some friends and drop eachother all day (easy EXP). Maybe Galaxy Pilots should get experience for every hotdrop over an enemy SOI, maybe 20 Experience for every person dropped. This would give the Gal some popularity and maybe a bit more usage

What do you think?

(also I think Assault Buggies should be transportable by the Gal)

Last edited by Sp3ctre; 2004-05-15 at 07:32 AM.
Old 2004-05-15, 07:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
JakeLogan
Major

Assault buggies can be transported in gals. But yeah I agree with what you say
Old 2004-05-15, 08:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
hazzer2007
Sergeant Major

Red face

This question has come up loads of times, the devlis are thinking about it and going add xp in the next download.

But i agree with the sharing xp, the driver and gunner should get the most xp for a kill, and the other gunners/pasangers should get some xp.

As for gal, the pilot should get xp for hotdroping
i.e.
- 100-200 for hotdroping over a facil
- + 100 if hotdroped in key areas (i.e. main door)
- + 100 if gal surives

But - xp for high drops, the lower you are, the more xp you should get (and yes, it is posible to do that, and surived, I have done it, but you dont drop where you want thought)
Old 2004-05-15, 08:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
ChewyLSB
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by hazzer2007
This question has come up loads of times, the devlis are thinking about it and going add xp in the next download.

But i agree with the sharing xp, the driver and gunner should get the most xp for a kill, and the other gunners/pasangers should get some xp.

i.e.
- + 100 if gal surives

But - xp for high drops, the lower you are, the more xp you should get (and yes, it is posible to do that, and surived, I have done it, but you dont drop where you want thought)
Boy talk about a totally exploitable system.
Old 2004-05-15, 09:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Hamma
PSU Admin

Yea its hard to give EXP for something like this because its so easily exploited.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2004-05-15, 10:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Rarzo
Sergeant

Unhappy

I guess the galaxy might just have to be something you do for the good of the team.
Old 2004-05-15, 11:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
EarlyDawn
Major General

First of all, didn't the devs say that support experience was probably gonna be put in sometime near Elite Abilities this summer? And besides, even if gal pilots don't get support experience any time soon, at least you'll get a medal for it when Commendations goes in.
Old 2004-05-15, 11:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
BlackHawk
Staff Sergeant

Actually, seems to me like it would be pretty easy to put in a non-exploitable Galaxy pilot experience system for hotdropping. First, the pilot only gets experience when people drop inside an SOI that has enemy troops already in it. Secondly, the amount of experience is directly proportional to the amount of enemies in the SOI and the amount of people dropping out of the Gal. The more enemies inside the SOI at the time of the drop and the more people hotdropping, the more experience the Galaxy pilot receives. If there are few or no enemies inside the SOI, the pilot would receive no experience as the danger is not significant enough to award any experience. There's already a system in place to award people more experience when more enemies are present during facility captures, so I see no reason this couldn't be adapted to Gal drops.
Old 2004-05-15, 06:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Smoke has already said that shared exp for gunnery kills (and I'm assuming road kills) is on its way.

As for the gal drop thing, well I see your point and why gal pilots could/should get direct experience from their efforts. But if you drop your squad into a combat zone, or ferry an ANT around for top ups, then you get a lot of indirect xp from dropping those people into hotzones. I suppose this really would majorly benefit, in an xp sense, people who like to do public gal taxis and stuff.
Old 2004-05-15, 07:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
I Hate Pants
General

Originally Posted by hazzer2007
i.e.
- + 100 if gal surives
How will the game be able to determine that kinda stuff? How will it know where you hotdropped the troops over?

This probably isn't possible, or would need some serious programming. Also the fact its exploitable.
Old 2004-05-16, 02:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

50bep for every soldier dropped not including gunners.

As for gunners, i think it should behave like in a squad. The gunner gets whatever he deserves, and you get some number under it. If the gunner is already in your squad, gunner/driver doesn't apply.

Also people should get bep for healing/repairing/hacking. Healing you get bep for every health percentage you heal, repairing armor you get bep for every armor piece, repairing stuff like a generator you get bep for...just repairing it, and hacking you get bep for every person who access the terminal.

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.

Last edited by BUGGER; 2004-05-16 at 02:59 PM.
Old 2004-05-16, 03:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Sonic625
Private

Leave it the way it is, there are so many BR20 CR5's in the game and will continue to build that those who already have done it are creating new chars to see how fast they can do it agian.
Old 2004-05-16, 08:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Yeah, so? What about those people who aren't BR20? Don't they deserve compensation for their efforts?
Old 2004-05-16, 08:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
flypengy
Master Sergeant

Do what you enjoy. Nothine else matters.

Suddenly putting in experience systems for people to drive gals will not suddenly encourage people to start flying gals... If you want experience for flying a gal, work with an outfit. If you drop your outfit somewhere in a gal (assuming you are squaded with them) you will get the shared experience they earn from killing people on that drop.

I swear people want experience for walking in this game...
Old 2004-05-16, 09:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Lartnev
Yeah, so? What about those people who aren't BR20? Don't they deserve compensation for their efforts?
well...you can always run people over...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion