New SMG/rifle skin idea's for sale in SOE store - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Your sig has been pre-axed.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-03-15, 11:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Hoodlum
Corporal

New SMG/rifle skin idea's for sale in SOE store

I'd love to see them add to the store skins for the SMG in the game now that change the way they look to the Gauss,cycler and pulsar from planetside 1, these would be updated HD models/skins of the guns we loved from ps1 but sold in the store for SOE cash. Also the retro old school sounds that go along with it!

What other skins and other things would you like to see in the SOE store
Old 2012-03-16, 10:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Re: New SMG/rifle skin idea's for sale in SOE store

I'd love to see the original weapons make an HD return.

Keep in mind that's not exactly a "skin". Something like a camo pattern or change of color is easily modified and sold. But making a new graphic would certainly take more time resources.

I'm not saying it won't happen, just expect more skins then weapons in my opinion.
Old 2012-03-16, 02:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Hoodlum
Corporal

yeah it's more a model change eh
Old 2012-03-18, 04:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Zekeen
Major

You both forget- SIDEGRADES

They can easily just make the old guns like the new guns, but sidegraded to act like the old ones did, without any issue. Since it would probably provide no gameplay change, as the new guns can probably sidegrade to a similar status, it's possible.

So in the end, wouldn't be just a model, but the actual gun, just balanced for PS2 (which means it kills things faster than the original!)
Old 2012-03-18, 06:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Hoodlum
Corporal

Originally Posted by Zekeen View Post
You both forget- SIDEGRADES

They can easily just make the old guns like the new guns, but sidegraded to act like the old ones did, without any issue. Since it would probably provide no gameplay change, as the new guns can probably sidegrade to a similar status, it's possible.

So in the end, wouldn't be just a model, but the actual gun, just balanced for PS2 (which means it kills things faster than the original!)
We don't know how much sidegrades will change the way the things look, and I think your missing the point, were talking making the HD versions of our old PS1 guns so they look the same as the originals but new and with high res models and textures, and possibly even the old sounds
Old 2012-03-18, 06:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Atheosim
Captain

if I weren't poor i'd be all over this idea
Old 2012-03-18, 03:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Hoodlum
Corporal

Originally Posted by Atheosim View Post
if I weren't poor i'd be all over this idea
Well if you like the idea write about it and maybe why and if the dev's see it hopefully they will add it and one day when it's on sale you can get it !
Old 2012-03-19, 10:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Zekeen
Major

Originally Posted by Hoodlum View Post
We don't know how much sidegrades will change the way the things look, and I think your missing the point, were talking making the HD versions of our old PS1 guns so they look the same as the originals but new and with high res models and textures, and possibly even the old sounds
I think you misunderstood me. What I was saying, is that based on the sidegrade system, which Higby keeps explaining as non game changing - and since they will SELL sidegrades in the store, that the return of the old guns could be more than audio and graphical returns, but also include the same firerate as the originals. I'm just adding another Nostalgia point to your topic.

I did not miss the point, I assure you.
Old 2012-03-19, 03:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Hoodlum
Corporal

I think you misunderstood me. What I was saying, is that based on the sidegrade system, which Higby keeps explaining as non game changing - and since they will SELL sidegrades in the store, that the return of the old guns could be more than audio and graphical returns, but also include the same firerate as the originals. I'm just adding another Nostalgia point to your topic.

I did not miss the point, I assure you.

Ahhh so your talking about making them act and fire like our old guns too threw side grades, got ya!
Old 2012-03-20, 03:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Zekeen
Major

Exactly, doesn't have to be just an HD reskin, with sidegrade style of things, they could be an actual BALANCED gun - it'd be perfect.
Old 2012-03-20, 11:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Hoodlum
Corporal

Exactly, doesn't have to be just an HD reskin, with sidegrade style of things, they could be an actual BALANCED gun - it'd be perfect.
That what I originally meant when I said the idea but I guess saying a "skin" doesn't sound like that eh lol

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault