Gameplay: Get rid of killcams - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Don't reject this, please!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-03-17, 06:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
brickbuster
Private

Get rid of killcams

Higby, I love what you and the team have been doing with Planetside 2. The idea of getting a beta invite is what keeps me waking up in the morning. However, killcams are awful, and they need to go. If I'm a sniper, I want people to be panicking and wondering where my shots are coming from. If I'm an infiltrator, I want to be able to kill someone and have people wonder what's going on, not be insta-pwned as soon as the guy rezzes. This is planetside, which revolves around actual tactics, not CoD, which revolves around doing a 360 spin and getting a headshot just so it looks cool on the killcam. Have a camera that looks down on your body when you die, just not a killcam.
Old 2012-03-17, 06:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Purple
Sergeant Major

Re: Get rid of killcams

-point is invalid

Last edited by Purple; 2012-03-17 at 09:16 PM.
Old 2012-03-17, 07:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Skitrel
Contributor
Captain

Re: Get rid of killcams

Sigh. This has already been covered, a simple search unearths that very quickly.

Killcams almost didn't even make it into the GDC footage, because they're not as they're going to be in game. The only reason they're in the footage is because there was nothing else to show.

Killcams are going to be almost identical to LoLs, you will see you killer, you will see a bunch of stats for your killer, you will not see where they were though, they will be on a black background, not in world.

/thread

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault