What we know about Beta. - Page 46 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Give blood to your heart's content.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-06, 12:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #676
bjorntju1
Captain

Re: What we know about Beta.

Originally Posted by Qwan View Post
Hey I have like two questions, probably shouldnt be in the beta section. But will they have the box version available, you know with a limited edition big box all pretty and stuff, Like a pre order from gamestop, or best buy type thing ( I like going to gamestops beta release partys ). I like to collect those. Also i have a questions about smoothness of the initial release dates, with all the hype about PS2 will they be ready for the massive log in and stuff like that. I know I was having major problems with Tera online and diablo 3. Have they addressed any of these issues.

Like I said this may be the wrong thread, I apologize I was just wanting to know if anyone had the answers to these questions.
Yeah I really hope we get an CE, but I doubt it. I would buy it instantly it it comes out though

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Also I'm going to see if I can get clarification on Priority.
Alright, nice!
Old 2012-06-06, 01:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #677
SGTalon
Contributor
Sergeant

I wonder if Higby and Tray have thought about how famous they have become. At least in the gaming community. I mean there are several thousand people on PSU that think they are the coolest people in the world.

Virtual Hitmen - www.vhm.guildlaunch.com

TR for Life!
Old 2012-06-06, 01:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #678
Kaelius
Private

Originally Posted by Purple View Post
as this is a free to download and free to play game i doubt that there will be a box version. as for collectors we can only hope. it could be some station cash with a statue of Higby standing on a rock.
In Gamespot e3 interivew at 05:08 (youtube) Higby says that there will be no cost involved in playing PS2 including no box to buy 100% completely free

Last edited by Kaelius; 2012-06-06 at 01:23 PM.
Old 2012-06-06, 01:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #679
Elthbert
Private

So they are handing out beta keys at E3 they had them in the magazine.. in February, where are the beta keys for the PS1 players? Those of us who are currently subscribed players would like our keys, is there any news about them?
Old 2012-06-06, 01:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #680
Unforgiven
Corporal

Originally Posted by Elthbert View Post
So they are handing out beta keys at E3 they had them in the magazine.. in February, where are the beta keys for the PS1 players? Those of us who are currently subscribed players would like our keys, is there any news about them?
this has been answered a hundred times over... IF YOUR A VET YOU WILL NOT NEED A KEY! they will probably just send you an email saying "hey dude, your account is active, here is the link to download PS2, have fun testing!

The Enclave
The Arm of Decision in Battle
Old 2012-06-06, 01:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #681
bjorntju1
Captain

Originally Posted by Elthbert View Post
As on the previous page:

@planetside2 Still no luck with a key! Vet and current player may i please have a key, been at this for over 4 hours! pic.twitter.com/u6SU5yV6

As. PS1 vet, you won't need a key! You will get priority access auto-enabled on your acct once we launch the beta! [Danicia]
Old 2012-06-06, 02:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #682
Unforgiven
Corporal

^ thank you, now can we stop wasting the developers time on this? im sure they are tired of answering all of us, they are just too nice to say so.

The Enclave
The Arm of Decision in Battle
Old 2012-06-06, 02:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #683
Elthbert
Private

Originally Posted by bjorntju1 View Post
As on the previous page:
Somehow I missed this, and so did all of my currently active outfit members.... this is good to hear.
Old 2012-06-06, 02:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #684
varg
Private

Originally Posted by Kaelius View Post
In Gamespot e3 interivew at 05:08 (youtube) Higby says that there will be no cost involved in playing PS2 including no box to buy 100% completely free
First I have heard of no box fee.
This is either extremely awesome or extremely bad.
Old 2012-06-06, 02:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #685
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by varg View Post
First I have heard of no box fee.
This is either extremely awesome or extremely bad.
Considering that hackers are a big problem in games with a box price, I think it just means the devs will have to be extra vigilant. Some mostly it will be awesome, because more players = better Planetside.
Old 2012-06-06, 02:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #686
I SandRock
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
Considering that hackers are a big problem in games with a box price, I think it just means the devs will have to be extra vigilant. Some mostly it will be awesome, because more players = better Planetside.
No box price = hackers get banned they make a new account
Old 2012-06-06, 03:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #687
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by I SandRock View Post
No box price = hackers get banned they make a new account
Obvious hackers get dealt with so quickly that it shouldn't matter much. Subtle hackers often never get banned in the first place in many games.

Planetside 2's backend hack detection and it's live CSR's are going to make or break it, box price or no.
Old 2012-06-06, 04:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #688
Madfish
Corporal

Originally Posted by OutlawDr View Post
Mine isn't. Have you entered a key? And if you did, where did you get it from?

My account is still inactive, and I played back in PS1 beta, '04 and '05 :
I got a beta key from BetaKeyBill on Twitter yesterday, pimping out my son I'm not holding my breath to it giving early closed beta or anything, but fingers crossed!

It's time to kick ass and drink tea, and I'm all outta tea.
Old 2012-06-06, 04:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #689
OutlawDr
Contributor
First Sergeant

Well I got on the ps2 twitter this morning and spammed it with random funny pics off google with the text "I will get a beta key". Checked my message box, and it had a beta key. covered either way
Old 2012-06-06, 04:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #690
Bags
Lieutenant General

Jesus, they're giving out hundreds of keys on twitter... there goes any chance of getting in early.

I can't wait until the devs realize that the marketing division of SOE has gotten a bunch of people not interested in testing into their closed beta!