Missile Lock! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Only you can prevent forum fires!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-02, 06:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
druski
Private

Missile Lock!

Any other full time reaver pilots out there notice that as the average BR raises more and more people are running around with AA weapons? Its becoming pretty exciting over bases and towers these days.

Anyone have any good workable strats for getting out of a missile lock? I usually just try and afterburn over the guy and hug the ground while looking for some LOS block like a mountain or something.

Man I wish we had chaff and flares =)

At least there are still almost no AA maxes running about =)
Old 2003-06-02, 07:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Hamma
PSU Admin

I still cant figure out the missle lock. Sometimes when it yells at me that there is a lock, i can fly around all day and not get hit. Strange.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-06-02, 07:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
IC3NIN3
Private

Question Missile Lock

Yup, I've noticed that too, what's funny is how people were always complaining at first that the reavers were too powerful. I knew that would only last so long. That's about all you can do though, dive for cover and use the terrain to break lock. I've had to resort to making attack runs on afterburner a lot just to survive.
Good luck!
Old 2003-06-02, 08:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
druski
Private

Hey we're still kings of the sky, but a single guy with a launcher can easily take out a reaver or two, most of the time just by strafing a little bit and firing like mad.

I'm getting kind of tired of getting missile locked and sometimes shot down the second I get in the air by a few guys at a tower nearbye and have been trying to figure what cert to get next.

So far I've got Reaver, Eng, and Comb Eng. I think I want something to make me useful in those situations where airpower isn't possible, any suggestions? I'm vanu, so I could aways go magrider, but that feels a bit cheap =)
Old 2003-06-02, 09:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
ChickenLips
Private

I'm vanu, so I could aways go magrider, but that feels a bit cheap =)
As a TR, I thank you for NOT taking another Magrider

=[42nd]= Fire Ants
www.42ndFireAnts.com

Old 2003-06-02, 09:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
ghost018

No offense to any Pilots, because I'm one too with a different character, but you guys are really cowards! Okay, the other day I was involved in a large battle on Forseral and had to spawn far away from the main base we were assaulting. On the way back, a Reaver pulls over me and begins to lob missles at me. I pulled out my Striker and fired maybe two missles. Before the second missle could even nail him, he was out of my sight. So I thought "Okay....scared him off." Then, I'm entering the SOI of the base I needed to be at and another Reaver swooped down towards me. Again, I pulled out the Striker and proceeded to fire. Luckily this time I connected with two missles as started to use those afterburners and was destroyed. I'm aware that these guys aren't going to hover around and allow somebody to shoot them down, but I think it's funny when they go after a lone soldier and then have to run away.

ghost

Old 2003-06-02, 09:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
druski
Private

hehe yeah, its pretty annoying. But on the other hand it only takes a few missiles to take us down, which is maybe 5 seconds. So for us a single guy with a rocket launcher is probably the most frightening thing we'll see on the battelfield.

Being in a reaver and turning around and seeing a rocket guy any less than about 100 or 200 feet in front of you is like an infantry man running into a dead end and turning around to find a TR max anchored behind him, closing off the hallway. Try to run, pray like hell, and maybe, just maybe you'll make it out alive. But don't count on it =)

On the upside, we squash maxes like bugs. This makes me so happy I have to pause the game and weep with joy every so often.
Old 2003-06-02, 09:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

On the upside, we squash maxes like bugs.
Ah ah ah, you squash some MAXs like bugs. My Sparrow is a fly swatter though Gets rid of all sorts of annoying flying pests in a hurry

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2003-06-02, 09:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
kerosene31
Staff Sergeant

There are enough targets out there for a Reaver not to have to stay and fight difficult targets. If a Reaver starts taking fire, the best tactic is to burn away.
Old 2003-06-02, 09:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
QuickStar
Sergeant

Originally posted by druski
This makes me so happy I have to pause the game and weep with joy every so often.

You can puase the game? eh
Old 2003-06-02, 10:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
druski
Private

ahh... yeeeesss.. See what you think is lag, is just me pausing the game momentarily. Its a superpower. They call me PauseMMOGames Man. Not very catchy I know, and when I tried to form my superhero league based in ireland called the Men O' Pause I got some major flack from the feminists... go figure.

muahahaha worst. pun. ever.
Old 2003-06-02, 11:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Ducimus
Sergeant

Re: Missile Lock!

Originally posted by druski

At least there are still almost no AA maxes running about =)
I've taken the AA max cert on occasion or two when i have 2 credits to spare. In one tower battle, i shot down 40 reavers by myself (no exaggeration). The TR AA max is really awesome against reavers, and it takes a very observant person to use one properly. But once i got a bead on a reaver, he was toast, 16 rapid shots (which fire incredibly fast for a flack cannon) takes a reaver out from full armor to dead in about 3 seconds or so.
Old 2003-06-02, 11:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Jarlo
Second Lieutenant

I have played the VS and NC AA MAX a fair amount. The NC one is amazingly good, the VS one is awful, just awful.

Well over 40 reaver kills with my NC though 8)
At br8
Old 2003-06-02, 12:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
LesserShade
Contributor
Major

Originally posted by ghost018
No offense to any Pilots, because I'm one too with a different character, but you guys are really cowards
Not cowards, they just aren't retards. A TR AV grunt can drop kick reavers out of the sky without any effort. The only way a reaver kills a striker soldier is:

A) TR AV user is afk
B) TR AV user is out of ammo
Old 2003-06-02, 12:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

AA MAXes are the devil, and I hate them.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion