News: PC Gamer UK December Issue & Interview with Higby on Scale - Page 11 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: My cat just threw up a chipmonk
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-10-26, 06:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #151
Senyu
First Lieutenant

Re: PC Gamer UK December Issue & Interview with Higby on Scale

So uh.........want nao pleaze?

Don't care what your still fixing i want NAO!
Old 2011-10-26, 06:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #152
Levente
First Sergeant

this just looks so fuckin excellent!!!!!
Old 2011-10-26, 06:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #153
Jimmuc
Corporal

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
It's not wrong. Right now our sniper class is infiltrator, but they're not firing while cloaked, or even able to cloak effectively while loaded out as an effective sniper... Man, I can't wait to talk more about our infiltrator.
this sounds lot better than i imagined. so the next question on my mind is, would i be able to train further as an infil more than a sniper or vise versa?
Old 2011-10-26, 06:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #154
Vash02
Major

It's not wrong. Right now our sniper class is infiltrator, but they're not firing while cloaked, or even able to cloak effectively while loaded out as an effective sniper... Man, I can't wait to talk more about our infiltrator.
tbh its pretty pointless to make the sniper a cloaker. Most of the time they are far away from enemies and either hiding behind a tree or ridge. if you are so close that being cloaked is an advantage you are way too close and wouldnt survive long in any case.

The only real advantage I can think of is being able to hide from hovering vultures. but hovering vultures is a general problem overall in PS1.
Old 2011-10-26, 06:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #155
xSlideShow
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by LZachariah View Post
OMG! Higby commented on our topic! w0000!

Thanks for clearing that up, Higby. For those of you who called me crazy, you better back off, cuz Higby's watching! o.O

And yes, we are VERY excited to hear more about the Infiltrator, Higby.

Also, please show some love for the Combat Engineer! I want my bombs!

~Zachariah
It read like they were really adding to what the combat engineer could do. Something about laying out better turrets? I would just like to know where you could place these turrets. And if they are gonna look like they did in PS1 or if they have a more sleek design. Kinda would like to place on say on a base wall? Or in a courtyard? Make it so you can kill the gunner on it or the turret?

They can place barriers?!?! That sounds pretty good. Did they say something about motion sensors?

Last edited by xSlideShow; 2011-10-26 at 06:10 PM.
Old 2011-10-26, 06:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #156
xSlideShow
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Vash02 View Post
tbh its pretty pointless to make the sniper a cloaker. Most of the time they are far away from enemies and either hiding behind a tree or ridge. if you are so close that being cloaked is an advantage you are way too close and wouldnt survive long in any case.

The only real advantage I can think of is being able to hide from hovering vultures. but hovering vultures is a general problem overall in PS1.
Not if a squad leader wants to use one effectively. He's going to be engaging another squad.. And instead of making a squad of snipers it's pretty much gonna be that one guy. So if you want one taking out key targets he's gonna need to a bit more stealthy since the enemy is gonna be looking for the one guy. I would like a sniper to have a place away from the zerg. This gives them some protection against air.

Remember they are most likely not gonna have AV now.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-10-26, 06:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #157
Higby
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Creative Director

Being able to position yourself in a great sniping location and cloak between taking shots at people is actually a bit too good in practice.
Old 2011-10-26, 06:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #158
EASyEightyEight
Sergeant Major

In lore-borne words, if you're packing hardware much larger than a side-arm, the suit can't hide it.

At least that's my justification
Old 2011-10-26, 06:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #159
duomaxwl
Captain

These scans have made my day. If only my college report would finish itself so I could play Planetside..
Old 2011-10-26, 06:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #160
Vash02
Major

Being able to position yourself in a great sniping location and cloak between taking shots at people is actually a bit too good in practice.
In PS1, my sniper cloak was a tree.
No idea how many times I just ran around a tree while the other guy/tank/mossie was on the other side of the tree.

I suppose that wouldnt work as well if third person is removed.

Last edited by Vash02; 2011-10-26 at 06:24 PM.
Old 2011-10-26, 06:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #161
xSlideShow
First Sergeant

NVM misinterpreted.

Last edited by xSlideShow; 2011-10-26 at 06:34 PM.
Old 2011-10-26, 06:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #162
xSlideShow
First Sergeant

In PS1, my sniper cloak was a tree.
No idea how many times I just ran around a tree while the other guy/tank/mossie was on the other side of the tree.

I suppose that wouldnt work as well if third person is removed.
But they are lone wolves it sounded like you needed some one with you at all times.
Old 2011-10-26, 06:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #163
Furber
First Sergeant

wow this is awesome! What an amazing day for planetside 2. Here is another pic I saw, a bigger version of that base pic

http://a.yfrog.com/img863/2152/jsqpf.jpg
Old 2011-10-26, 06:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #164
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by LZachariah View Post
That's not very ambiguous at ALL. So, to those of you who said that I misinterpreted what I read, please actually do some research before you call me alarmist. Now, as I said before, Basti (who responded NORMALLY to my post), could be right in that the article got it wrong. But I mean, this is quoted as coming DIRECTLY from Higby. The quote starts out with "Matt says."
Don't get your panties in a wad. You made an assumption based on something that you didn't actually bother to quote. I haven't even had a chance to read the low quality scans of the magazine we've got, so I assumed you were talking about the picture of the infil, which is ambiguous. Regardless "infil" is a misnomer in this case. If cloaking is no longer a core feature then they aren't infiltrators as we've known them.
Old 2011-10-26, 06:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #165
HELLFISH88
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Furber View Post
wow this is awesome! What an amazing day for planetside 2. Here is another pic I saw, a bigger version of that base pic

http://a.yfrog.com/img863/2152/jsqpf.jpg
Well Those are def. Vanguards. I also see ATV's which give us a sense of true scale. This is the best ScreenShot so far.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion