the whole sniper issue.. again... - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Got Rice?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2002-12-30, 01:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
skin
Private

Lightbulb the whole sniper issue.. again...

snipers (in squads or alone) could be delt with by patrols. think about what would happen if a few soldiers on basilisks (holstering small arms & close range wepons) could do to an equal ammount of bolt-driver carrying snipers. the snipers would be forced to use their sidearms... that is nothing compared to a flechette rifel or mini-chaingun. mosquitos would also be extremely useful. the scaringly large ammount of snipers to be, will be easily detered from venturing too far into enemy territory.
Old 2002-12-30, 01:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Unknown
First Sergeant

/me hands skin a stick and points to pile of dead horses

Enjoy!
Old 2002-12-30, 02:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Validuz
Gnarus Necnon
Imperiosus

"I want to sit in a tree and snipe someone 1000meters away (one-shot one-kill OF COURSE, on ALL armors) AAAAAANNNNND I want to tote the BEST Assault rifle around just in case I get in some close-up battles. And I want the 'bolts' to be INSTANT like the railgun from Q3" -- Sniper
Old 2002-12-30, 02:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
CDaws
Second Lieutenant

Where's Hamma and all his horse pics when you need him? The sniper thing has been debated to death and beyond cause people keep draging it out of the grave where it should stay.
Old 2002-12-30, 02:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

There are a lot of existing threads on snipers. Visit one of them before creating a new one.
Old 2002-12-30, 02:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Vimp
Sergeant

I dunno. Just because the topic consists of the word sniper dosn't mean that every thing to talk about with regard sniping has been talked about. And, lets just assume everything about the sniper had been talked about, that dosn't mean that everyone has read every sniper post made or even knows about every sniper post made. So all who have something more to say, carry on.
If its a question thats been asked and awnsered already then since so many know the sniper issue inside out, (or so it seems), then it should be easy enough to awnser.

In response to skin. Theres a few things you need to consider. for one they may easily be sniped from their basilisks while they are atempting to get close enough to shoot the snipers. In which case you'd need to either hope they have bad aim or do some fancy zigzagging as you go. Only other way I see is to know which way they're faceing and come around behind them so as to take them by surprise.
Old 2002-12-30, 02:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
�io
Lieutenant General

Old 2002-12-30, 02:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
CDaws
Second Lieutenant

Bravo Dio
Old 2002-12-30, 02:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
�io
Lieutenant General

Thanks. I decided to fill in for our great leader, i think unlike us he actually enjoys this thing they call "sleeeep". I think i'll go try it again see if i can finally take a liking to this weird act.
Old 2002-12-30, 08:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

"Just because the topic consists of the word sniper dosn't mean that every thing to talk about with regard sniping has been talked about"

SO post under a sniper thread - where people who are discussing snipers can talk about it. God, I'm going to start another beta thread now.

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
Old 2002-12-30, 08:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Marsman
Major

Old 2002-12-30, 10:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Dragoon412
Corporal

Come on, guys, give him a break.

I just don't u nderstand this mindset - there's a lot of sniper threads, and a lot of people have voiced their opinion on the topic, but that doesn't mean that everyone has had a say-so, and it doesn't mean that every aspect of sniping has been discussed.

If you don't have anything to add, just stay outta the thread. I agree, the initial poster should've just added on to an existing thread, but what's the deal with everyone coming into this thread just to whine that someone wants to talk about snipers again? If you don't want to hear about it, <B>don't bloody read it!</B>
Old 2002-12-30, 11:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Ahemuro
Private

It isn't hard to use a sniper rifle up close at all if you ask me. I do it all the time in T2.
Old 2002-12-30, 11:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Stalefish
Corporal

There is still a visible sniper thread on the first page. Reply to that one, don't make a new one.
Old 2002-12-30, 12:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
CDaws
Second Lieutenant

Yeah but, it will eventualy get buried like the rest of the threads and some people don't care to look through the archives to find an answer or if they're noobs they don't know the site well enough to look. Or if they did then its ok to post a new thread if they didn't see what it is they are looking for.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion