FAQ on Settings and Functionality -- Things Many Players Don't Know! - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Just because I have a short attention span doesn't mean that I
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-05-31, 07:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
Shogun
Contributor
General

Re: FAQ on Settings and Functionality -- Things Many Players Don't Know!

the ammobox is not the only inconsistancy with the engineer.

look at the turret certs. why has the av turret its own turret category while the ai turret is sorted into utilities?
the engineer really seems unfinished. it needs some love asap.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!

Last edited by Shogun; 2013-05-31 at 07:50 AM.
Old 2013-05-31, 07:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
ItZMuRdA
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
the hotkey is not the only inconsistancy with the engineer.

look at the turret certs. why has the av turret its own turret category while the ai turret is sorted into utilities?
the engineer really seems unfinished. it needs some love asap.
My OCD did notice this as well -- thought it was odd that they appeared in two different places. Probably just a decision made when the AV turret released and forgot to apply it to the AI, but thanks for mentioning it!

Old 2013-05-31, 08:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
Snipefrag
Contributor
First Lieutenant

I'm at work so cant check.. but doesn't the Ammo box from the ACE not persist when you drop a turret? but the one in a slot does? That is a reason why you might still want it in a separate slot.
Old 2013-05-31, 08:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by Misato View Post
always forget about the deploy ammo pack with turrets, I guess because I don't get xp from it or at least it has never registered xp for me.
Same here. I just added it as a key binding on my mouse. Totally forgot about it. They need some on-screen UI element to help you understand that you can switch to it.

I did not know about the fire modes! Thank you for that one! Another key binding I added to my mouse. Now I'm using up all of my keys...

I also like the tip about zooming in and out on the mini-map! I did bind it to my scroll wheel on my mouse. Is there a setting to have the weapons element always show on-screen? The ones that show on the right side of the screen with the corresponding # to switch to them. I typically used my scroll wheel on my mouse to switch weapons but now that I'm going to use my # keys it would be cool to see the weapons UI element on the screen all the time. Also, on the weapons UI element it would be cool to show next to the weapon if they have alternate fire modes on them.

Last edited by Crator; 2013-05-31 at 08:20 AM.
Old 2013-05-31, 08:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by Snipefrag View Post
I'm at work so cant check.. but doesn't the Ammo box from the ACE not persist when you drop a turret? but the one in a slot does? That is a reason why you might still want it in a separate slot.
No, you can have both the turret and the ace ammo box out at the same time. I think most... pull a number out of my butt... 70% of engineers have no clue about that. When I throw a turret down I ALWAYS immediately throw an ammo box. Especially if I am using the AI turret because it's a giant beacon that an engineer is near by.

I think the utility ammo box is basically a left over artifact from when the certs only impacted it and not the ace version. The only benefit that the utility ammo box has now is that it doesn't share a cooldown with the ACE turret. So you can drop both faster than if you just have the turret and switch it to the ammo box while waiting for the cooldown, but experienced engineers will not give up the utility slot of the minor benefit.

I don't know if the new cert tree for the ace version impacts the utility ammo box. I haven't used the utility ammo box since the change. I would guess that the certs do work for both though since you can't have both ammo boxes out at the same time.
Old 2013-05-31, 08:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
Roderick
Corporal

Nice video! Good tips for the brand new player(s).
Old 2013-05-31, 09:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

The AV MANA Turret gives no medals.
Old 2013-05-31, 11:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
xeroslash
Private

Originally Posted by Tom Peters View Post
Hey, look at the guy that can regurgitate previous posts from pages ago, but can't even link a source to backup his claims.

Perhaps I was wrong and this is 'intended', but if that's true, the devs are even more retarded for still allowing you to select an ammo box in your utility. Why would ANYONE in their right mind want to be carrying around TWO ammo boxes? That is incredibly shoddy game design, tbh.

Have ammo deploying work one way or the other, not both.
If you bothered to actually read the in-game description for the mana turrets, it explicitly states that it can be dispensed as an ammo box.

http://peecee.dk/uploads/042013/2013-04-26_00001.jpg
Old 2013-05-31, 11:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by xeroslash View Post
If you bothered to actually read the in-game description for the mana turrets, it explicitly states that it can be dispensed as an ammo box.

http://peecee.dk/uploads/042013/2013-04-26_00001.jpg
Hes too busy spamming clueless(and incorrect) trash talk to have time to actually look at the game.
Old 2013-05-31, 11:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
My guess would be that it was initially how the ACE was supposed to work but they decided to add in the ammo box as a seperate item and simply forgot about it or otherwise disregarded it.
It quite obviously needs to be far more transparent for all the players whom are still unaware.

It was probably the other way around as ItZMuRdA suggested. The reason I suspect this is that at release only the equipable ammo box was effected by certs levels, the alt/turret ammo box was always always level 3 or 4 suggesting that it was the last minute add on(SOE later fixed this.)

Of course we would only know this rather arcane point definitely if we had developer insight.
Old 2013-05-31, 11:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

I discovered something neat the other day. You can quick resupply at a terminal by entering the termina normally with E and then ESC right out. Reloads all your ammo and saves you a second on hitting the resupply button.
Old 2013-05-31, 11:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
Bocheezu
Master Sergeant

There was one feature that took me an embarrassingly long time to realize: you don't need to go to an equipment terminal to buy grenades/medkits/etc...you can do it at any time from the gun menu on the map screen. So many times I'd see that I was at 700 infantry resources and stop whatever I was doing to go to a terminal to +1 on the medkits. No need.

You still have to go to the terminal to restock anything in your actual inventory, obviously (you can't throw a grenade, +1 to the grenade on the gun menu, and get another one in your inventory).

Last edited by Bocheezu; 2013-05-31 at 12:00 PM.
Old 2013-05-31, 12:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by Bocheezu View Post
There was one feature that took me an embarrassingly long time to realize: you don't need to go to an equipment terminal to buy grenades/medkits/etc...you can do it at any time from the gun menu on the map screen. So many times I'd see that I was at 700 infantry resources and stop whatever I was doing to go to a terminal to +1 on the medkits. No need.

You still have to go to the terminal to restock anything in your actual inventory, obviously (you can't throw a grenade, +1 to the grenade on the gun menu, and get another one in your inventory).
There's also an auto-resupply check-box for these things. So if you have it enabled no need to click 'Resupply' button at all.
Old 2013-05-31, 02:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
There's also an auto-resupply check-box for these things. So if you have it enabled no need to click 'Resupply' button at all.

Are you sure thats how it works? it never seems to work for me.
Old 2013-05-31, 03:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Shogun
Contributor
General

i always have the resupply checkbox on, but seem to have to resupply manually.

maybe it only resupplies from zero to one, but i like to keep stock, so i never tested out how this might work.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion