Hit Boxes. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Smells like flowers, covered in corpses....
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Do You want Hit boxes?
Yes, Hit Boxes all around! 31 70.45%
No, Hit Boxes! 2 4.55%
No, Hit Boxes on People. Yes, Hit Boxes on Vehicles. 11 25.00%
No, Hit Boxes on Vehicles. Yes, Hit Boxes on People. 0 0%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-07-11, 09:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Kouza
Sergeant

Hit Boxes.

Will there be more of a detailed hitbox in PlanetSide 2? For example will we see Headshots this time around?
There will be headshots in the game as well as locational damage on Vehicles.
OK, I don`t want to elaborate on this much because, I want to poll to not be skewed with others opinions but, quite frankly I am not a fan of head shots, in PS2... Discuss.

(Hamma you already posted it but, it was going west, and you posted it to go east)
Old 2011-07-11, 09:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

Re: Hit Boxes.

Keep in mind this is NOT Planetside, but Planetside 2 - a totally different re-imaged game. The physics and much of this new game are different.

Manitou
"
On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless millions who, upon the dawn of victory, sat down to rest and resting, died."
<))><
Old 2011-07-11, 09:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
NCLynx
Major

Unless I'm stupid, EVERYTHING has a hitbox so the options of don't have a hitbox on something are invalid.

You mean detailed hitboxes instead of the ones we currently have.
Old 2011-07-11, 09:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Lunarchild
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Overall, I'm not against locational damage, especially when coupled with locational armor.

To give you an idea:

Head, Body = x1
Limbs = x0.8

Then you have armor:

None: 0
Light: 50
Medium: 100
Heavy: 200
MAX.

Now if we compare that to PS1 suits:

Infiltrator: Grants no armor
Standard Exo.: Light armor on body and limbs
Agile Exo.: Medium armor on all
Rexo: Heavy armor on all

Now we could add some more variations, maybe unlocks to add a helmet to the standard, or maybe give some other benefits for lesser helmet armor. Maybe snipers will be able to unlock a type of ammo that does more damage when it hits helmets, making 1 shot lethal for light helmet wearers.

In the end it allows you more freedom in your choices. By default you will have access to decent armor that ensures you don't die in one headshot from a sniper, but you can choose to wear lighter armor for other benefits.
Old 2011-07-11, 09:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Kouza
Sergeant

Originally Posted by NCLynx View Post
Unless I'm stupid, EVERYTHING has a hitbox so the options of don't have a hitbox on something are invalid.

You mean detailed hitboxes instead of the ones we currently have.
That is quite obvious. Will edit the poll, if stupidity continues to exist.

Here is my reasoning for NOT wanting it, mind you I have been a avid supported of PS:N concepts so far because, I realize the same thing, It is not Planet Side one.

That being said, Running around a corner, where 100 people are shooting already puts people on the ground fast enough, I see no need to make it so out of 100 of those people, only one needs to hit you in the head once.

(On a side note, If they put pink fluffy bunny's in planet side, as mentioned at one of the Q&A`s, id still play it :P)

Last edited by Kouza; 2011-07-11 at 09:54 AM.
Old 2011-07-11, 09:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

Originally Posted by Kouza View Post
Here is my reasoning for NOT wanting it, mind you I have been a avid supported of PS:N concepts so far because, I realize the same thing, It is not Planet Side one.

That being said, Running around a corner, where 100 people are shooting already puts people on the ground fast enough, I see no need to make it so out of 100 of those people, only one needs to hit you in the head once.
In comparison, and understanding it is not an MMO, BFBC2 has headshots and it doesn't tend to imbalance the game any. Granted, in an MMO it might be different, but I am betting that it won't be such a game-changer with PS2.

Manitou
"
On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless millions who, upon the dawn of victory, sat down to rest and resting, died."
<))><
Old 2011-07-11, 09:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

I would like extra hit boxes. Head doing the most, Chest, then arms and legs. That way people spraying and hitting your arm/leg will not kill you if shoot their chest. I just do not want one shot kills in the game from hitting the head.
Old 2011-07-11, 10:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Cartel
Private

Every fps game should have headshots/hitboxes

The only people that dont want them are the ones that cant aim
Headshots should be x1.5
You should not get the same damage for spamming and hittng guys in the arms and feet as you get for being able to aim

PS1 so was not a fps - it was a strange 3rd person/first person hybrid

I was so glad to hear smedly was a big fan of the battlefield series - it means he already knows body hitboxes are important to detemining the skill of the player

fao - smed - if you need a team for bf3 - let me know
http://www.rivalgaming.org/
Old 2011-07-11, 10:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Volw
First Sergeant

As long as headshots are not one-shot-kill I'm fine. Otherwise prepare for no-scope 'pros' and twitchy kiddies influx.
All that matters is that there is enough freedom, and enough fuckers to kill, in the game that Renegade Legion can do our thing. If there is that, then the rest of the game shall be bent to our will, just like the first one was. - Hovis [RL] on PS2

Renegade Legion
http://forums.renegade-legion.org
Old 2011-07-11, 10:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

Originally Posted by Volw View Post
As long as headshots are not one-shot-kill I'm fine. Otherwise prepare for no-scope 'pros' and twitchy kiddies influx.
Aren't most FPS's twitch?

Manitou
"
<))><
Old 2011-07-11, 10:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Lunarchild
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Manitou View Post
Aren't most FPS's twitch?
Technically Planetside is also a twitch based game. Though less so than a lot of FPS games.
Old 2011-07-11, 10:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

Originally Posted by Lunarchild View Post
Technically Planetside is also a twitch based game. Though less so than a lot of FPS games.
Well, that's my point. But we have to keep in mind that PS2 is NOT your normal FPS. It is an MMOFPS which requires us to think a little differently about head-shots and one-shot kills to the head.

Manitou
"
<))><
Old 2011-07-11, 10:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Vancha
Colonel

As Volw says, so long as there's no one-shot kills it doesn't sound entirely bad. Something like a mini-crit from TF2 perhaps?

Again the issue comes down to the TTK. So long as it remains long enough that success isn't unavoidable and the better players are able to do better because they're better, it's all good.
Old 2011-07-11, 10:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Lunarchild
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Manitou View Post
Well, that's my point. But we have to keep in mind that PS2 is NOT your normal FPS. It is an MMOFPS which requires us to think a little differently about head-shots and one-shot kills to the head.
Agreed. See my post (#4) up there. I don't think head-shots (even with sniper riffles) should be one-hit kills in all circumstances.
Old 2011-07-11, 10:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Kouza
Sergeant

I just see the hesitation in Planet side one, where people are scared to attack, I cant imagine, the fear that will take hold, in their hearts if they can die almost immediately.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion