from a pilot: your all going to die.... allot. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Red or yellow wire!?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-05-23, 07:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
proxykalevra
Private

from a pilot: your all going to die.... allot.

when i get the chance i love flying in any game and most every toon i had even tank drivers usualy had aircav...

i have been watching the latest totalbuiscuit video and i have to inform all you non pilots out there... your all going to die.. allot

what i mean is that one of the features of aircraft is regenerating health...(for the flares slot) so a side from risking getting 1 shotted from lock on missles i literally can not see how a pack of mossies/reavers or libs with regenerating health could possibly get beaten by anything other than another pack of aa equipped mossies or libs... and even then its going to heavily be about individual aiming skill/ computer power and how many people are in your.... flock?

anyhow this almost going to have to be removed from the game if its to be anything but a flight sim where you cap bases (which sounds amazing to me) and i thought i would point it out to all the tank drivers/infantry who are going to be cut to ribbons by swarms of aircraft.

i'll see you guys on the battle field (i'll be the one doing strafing runs from the center of the swarm.)
Old 2012-05-23, 07:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Stardouser
Colonel

Re: from a pilot: your all going to die.... allot.

Hopefully we do not have "vehicle regen", that's a big problem in Battlefield.

Nanite repair kits are OK so long as :
1. You carry a limited supply(similar to flares)
2. They do a limited repair amount(say, 35% repairs, over a time period of a few seconds)
3. Short cooldown between uses

If this customization allows you to constantly regenerate, that's not going to be good.
Old 2012-05-23, 07:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Zulthus
Colonel

I dislike the idea of regenerating health on vehicles. You should have to go back to base to repair, sort of like the repair silos in PS1, IMO. If you damage a vehicle quite heavily it should be out of the fight for a while, not just sit behind a hill for a few seconds waiting for health to regenerate. I'd say vehicle drivers should be equipped with a nano-dispenser, if going back to base slows down the action too much.

That is, if that's even how it works at all. We'll see.

Last edited by Zulthus; 2012-05-23 at 07:41 PM.
Old 2012-05-23, 07:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
SKYeXile
Major General

Ill see you in the battle! you wont see me, ill be the one shooting you down from behind, its my style.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-05-23, 07:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
captainkapautz
First Lieutenant

Old 2012-05-23, 07:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Biohazard
Master Sergeant

Go ahead, get your swarm of aircraft; I'll go get my swarm of cheap one-man flak tanks, flak equipped maxes, soldiers with lock-on missiles, MBT's with AA secondary guns, and stationary flak turrets
Old 2012-05-23, 07:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
proxykalevra
Private

it might be one of those repair kits deals but i have the sneaking suspicion that it will be a very slow heath regen... the reason this is a problem is that if you survive an attack run your already regening your vehicle's hp while you fly to a repair/rearm pad but more importantly no matter how slow it is this is a swarm supporting mechanic.... all the mossies that got grazed a little by flak for instance with have their health topped off without having to take up time/space at a repair pad. meaning that while the regen is slower than molasses when 12 vehicles are all regening it adds up to be a lot of splash dmg that can be negated.

sky one of the "side" grades is a aircraft detection system... so everyone keeping an eye out will see you... (tb glances over the vehicle detection system) i think outfit nights might require 1 or 2 lt's to run that for spotting and everyone else will carry all combat enhancements.

edit:
an allot is what my auto correct spits out when i don't put a space between the a and l of "a lot".

silly sky this game has no rogues so rather than doing to from behind i think the aircraft are going to make strafing runs from crazy angles viciously and relentlessly until the offending barny/smurf/elmo is nothing but a smoldering husk.

Last edited by proxykalevra; 2012-05-23 at 07:52 PM.
Old 2012-05-23, 07:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Serpent
Staff Sergeant

Actually mate, I don't think it'll be as bad as that. If you look at the Night Ops footage, as TB gets in a Mag he shoots down the CEO with extreme ease. Even if he had been getting hit before, that Mag rider easily took it out, and that gun isn't even the most effective AA weapon in the game.

I think the balance is ok so far
Old 2012-05-23, 07:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
The Kush
Captain

Originally Posted by captainkapautz View Post

On a real note I'm sure the amount will be limited that you can self repair
Old 2012-05-23, 08:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
IMMentat
Contributor
First Sergeant

I can't see the passive repairing being that fast, maybe 1-2% per second, the tooltip said it disables for a few seconds on being shot, so even the average dirty faced ground pounder with a pistol and a steady aim could mess with your day.

That leaves plenty of time for the real AA to clear the skies or frighten off the newly squishy aircraft. IMO better to have 60-90 seconds of peace (while some fool pilot hidees/runs away scared) than killing someones plane and seeing them 30 seconds later (respawn plus some traveltime) as another body trying to wedge open the base-door)

Last edited by IMMentat; 2012-05-23 at 08:03 PM.
Old 2012-05-23, 08:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
SixShooter
Captain

Originally Posted by Serpent View Post
Actually mate, I don't think it'll be as bad as that. If you look at the Night Ops footage, as TB gets in a Mag he shoots down the CEO with extreme ease. Even if he had been getting hit before, that Mag rider easily took it out, and that gun isn't even the most effective AA weapon in the game.

I think the balance is ok so far
This

Originally Posted by IMMentat View Post
I can't see the passive repairing being that fast, maybe 1-2% per second, the tooltip said it disables for a few seconds on being shot, so even the average dirty faced ground pounder with a pistol and a steady aim could mess with your day.

That leaves plenty of time for the real AA to clear the skies or frighten off the newly squishy aircraft. IMO better to have 60-90 seconds of peace (while some fool pilot hidees/runs away scared) than killing someones plane and seeing them 30 seconds later (respawn plus some traveltime) as another body trying to wedge open the base-door)
I totally agree. The more time that they spend running away to repair is less time that they are actually spending shooting at anyone.

Old 2012-05-23, 08:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
QuantumMechanic
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

When I saw this thread title I expected this to be from a professional pilot (lol).

I do have to say that I'm not for auto-self-healing of land or air vehicles. Even if it's a difficult cert to get.

I think it cheapens the value of engineers, which is one of the roles I enjoy playing most. And right now I don't see much reason to play an engineer... aside from deploying turrets and CE. Which is just a fraction of what an engineer in PS1 could do.
Old 2012-05-23, 08:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

My Liberator will be getting a lot of Mossie and Scythe kills.

Old 2012-05-23, 08:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
fod
Master Sergeant

i dont like the idea of regenerating health of any kind for any vehicles
even as a vehicle user i dont like it (i love my magrider)

hopefully its only a very small amount regenerated like 1 or 2% per second
Old 2012-05-23, 08:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
captainkapautz
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by QuantumMechanic View Post
I do have to say that I'm not for auto-self-healing of land or air vehicles. Even if it's a difficult cert to get.

I think it cheapens the value of engineers, which is one of the roles I enjoy playing most.
Why do you people keep saying that?

Same with the regenerating health in TBs Night Ops video apparently making medics redundant.

You don't know, in the case of vehicle repair nanites, how much and how fast it actually regens, so stop crying wolf before we actually have any clue how it actually works.

Originally Posted by QuantumMechanic View Post
And right now I don't see much reason to play an engineer... aside from deploying turrets and CE. Which is just a fraction of what an engineer in PS1 could do.
What?

That's pretty much all you could do as an Engineer, repair and place ce.

Well that and shoot stuff obviously.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion