tr sniper rifle - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Your one stop shop for everything planetside
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-06-19, 12:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
MrKWalmsley
First Sergeant

Re: tr sniper rifle

Originally Posted by Hobitt View Post
Some people think they can outsmart us *sniff* *sniff* maybe maybe but we haven't met one who can outsmart BULLETS!
I'm pretty sure superior armour can outsmart a bullet, especially when each bullet is as pathetic as TR ammunition!

But no body armour can outsmart a round from a bolt driver! With sleek, accurate and pure penetrative power!

Last edited by MrKWalmsley; 2012-06-19 at 12:25 PM.
Old 2012-06-19, 12:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Hobitt
Corporal

I will play infiltrator but wont use a sniper so see ya all behind enemy lines stabbin and hackin your stuff
Old 2012-06-19, 12:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
MrKWalmsley
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Hobitt View Post
I will play infiltrator but wont use a sniper so see ya all behind enemy lines stabbin and hackin your stuff
Hack all you want, while you're standing still trying to bypass turret security you'll give me plenty of time to line up a bolt shot! And yes, being NC, I only need the one.
Old 2012-06-19, 12:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Wahooo
Captain

So trash talk aside, will the TR sniper rifle actually be a POS like the HSR? Or will we have a proper sniper rifle, you know accuracy and power.

If the only sniper rifle choice is just a slightly longer range suckler that is going to push me a lot closer to going VS.
Old 2012-06-19, 12:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Ratstomper
Major

Originally Posted by Wahooo View Post
So trash talk aside, will the TR sniper rifle actually be a POS like the HSR? Or will we have a proper sniper rifle, you know accuracy and power.

If the only sniper rifle choice is just a slightly longer range suckler that is going to push me a lot closer to going VS.
I can't imagine they'd design it to be an ineffective rifle. Besides that, I think you can change aspects of it to give it more power, at the cost of firing speed, etc.
Old 2012-06-19, 12:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
MrKWalmsley
First Sergeant

From what I saw from the E3 stream, both TR and VS rifles seem to be similar to an M14, however the VS sniper causes more damage and obviously has a slower ROF. And of course, as has been said customization to your game-style is available, but that is only within limits so the faction ideals are not escaped or infringed upon.

Not meaning to be pushing for my own faction, but if you want to be a one-shot-kill sniper NC would be best. Although of course NC is not perfect at everything, but it is certainly more suitable to that kind of sniper play style than the others. The sniper weapon mechanics is the main point which I base my faction choice on after all.

Last edited by MrKWalmsley; 2012-06-19 at 12:59 PM.
Old 2012-06-19, 01:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by MrKWalmsley View Post
Not meaning to be pushing for my own faction, but if you want to be a one-shot-kill sniper NC would be best. Although of course NC is not perfect at everything, but it is certainly more suitable to that kind of sniper play style than the others. The sniper weapon mechanics is the main point which I base my faction choice on after all.
Sidegrades

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2012-06-19, 01:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Wahooo
Captain

Playing NC is not an option... in fact I just threw-up a little in my mouth at the thought.

I'll just have to wait and see how they feel... and maybe make some rage threads on Beta boards if they suck.
Old 2012-06-19, 01:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Ratstomper
Major

Playing NC is not an option... in fact I just threw-up a little in my mouth at the thought.
I'm relieved. For a while it seemed like every other person was NC and I was afraid I wouldn't have targets...
Old 2012-06-19, 01:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Turdicus
Master Sergeant

Forgive me I can't see where it was said but I'm 90% sure the bolt driver is a common pool weapon. Every faction gets the bolt driver. There are FS sniper rifles as well, and they are all different, but everyone gets the precious one shot one kill bolt driver.

I mean I could be wrong but I swear I remember seeing this somewhere.
Old 2012-06-19, 01:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Mechzz
Major

Originally Posted by Turdicus View Post
Forgive me I can't see where it was said but I'm 90% sure the bolt driver is a common pool weapon. Every faction gets the bolt driver. There are FS sniper rifles as well, and they are all different, but everyone gets the precious one shot one kill bolt driver.

This hasn't been mentioned for a long time, but I'm pretty sure the Bolt Driver has been stated as moving to NC-specific in PS2?

Can't find a source though.
Old 2012-06-19, 01:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
MrKWalmsley
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Canaris View Post
Sidegrades
It has been stated that sidegrades will not overlap with other factions weaponry ideals, as I stated. So no amount of sidegrades will give a TR sniper rifle the same damage as a fully sidegraded-for-power NC sniper rifle. Just as no amount of sidegrades can make an NC rifle fire as fast as a fully sidegraded-for-speed TR rifle.

Originally Posted by Turdicus View Post

http://www.planetside2.com/news/feb0...ponsboltdriver

If it was cross empire, I'm pretty sure they would have mentioned in this section. Also the design of the weapon is distinctly NC, from the magazine to the side grills. I think it is fair to say at this point that it is an NC weapon.

Last edited by MrKWalmsley; 2012-06-19 at 01:59 PM.
Old 2012-06-19, 01:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Exmortius
Master Sergeant

bolt driver is now nc specific. there will probably be a tr specific sniper rifle but it seems like there is a wide choice of weaponry overall after watching them go through beta. it'll be interesting to see what each faction gets though.
Old 2012-06-19, 02:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by MrKWalmsley View Post
It has been stated that sidegrades will not overlap with other factions weaponry ideals, as I stated. So no amount of sidegrades will give a TR sniper rifle the same damage as a fully sidegraded-for-power NC sniper rifle. Just as no amount of sidegrades can make an NC rifle fire as fast as a fully sidegraded-for-speed TR rifle.
no but it has been stated that you can sidegrade your weapon to be very close

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2012-06-19, 02:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
MrKWalmsley
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Canaris View Post
no but it has been stated that you can sidegrade your weapon to be very close
Did you just say "no" and then go on to say something which does not contradict my point what so ever? In fact going so far as to agree with it?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion