NPC's in planetside? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: where crotch stuffing is for protection not for show
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-02-19, 03:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Livefire
Staff Sergeant

NPC's in planetside?

I wanted to share this idea with the community and see what you guys thought. I would like to see NPC's in PS2, I think we have all seen the original maps of PS1 with the NPC animal's and I think we should get them this time around. Although I would not want to have to ever fight npc's I think it would be fun to have them around in the game to give it it's own life like npc's do in other mmo's. I have thought of using npc's these ways in planetside 2 that would ad alot of realism to the game and should be simple to implement as most mmo's and even just arcade shooters have them today.
1. Having animals living and roaming the maps , flocks of birds able to be shot and killed or scared and then they run away when fighting breaks out. Or they could give away your position as a sniper by being spooked when you get to close.
2. Having human npc's as the base employees/operators running the bases systems working at work station computers, like air traffic control at the drop ship centers the alike, things like that. You could interact with them like at the medical center to get repaired/ get your vehicle fixed and stuff like that. New weapons and weapon modding like a vender type system rather then just a computer you walk up to. This would also fit with the planetside story being the majority of the people that came through the wormhole where civilians
3. There could be mission objectives given or bonus reward for things like evacuating the npc staff of a base before the enemy take control of it. Or if they take control and it was not evacuated they could be taken prisoner and you could then break them out and get bonus ex for stuff like that. Essentially there could be dozens of mini missions/objectives that could be played out using npc's that are caught between the players fighting it out for total domination.
4. If you killed civilians in the middle of a base capture you would get grief or other xp type penalties for killing innocents, and xp bonuses for base caps for not killing many and being responsible and precise with your shooting, so you would have to fight the enemy around the civilians just like real war today especially in urban environments.
These are just some if of the way i thought of that you could use NPC's.

In no way would I want to fight them just have them as another element to the game to play with, and kill and be rewarded for not killing and rescuing and interacting with stuff like. I would also only want this if it did not impact the development/resources, maybe an ad on later on after release in that case.

what you think? Give details..

Last edited by Livefire; 2012-02-19 at 03:58 AM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion