News: GU07 Patch Notes - 4/18/13 - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Warning! Do not point it directly at your eyes
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-04-18, 04:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Ruffdog
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Re: GU07 Patch Notes - 4/18/13

Feel sorry for my Mercy brothers. Why should customers buy a gun when at any time Sony can cut its maximum damage by 13%?
Ive bought what I've bought now and alterations will fall where they may. I'm never going the smedbuck route again.

Old 2013-04-19, 12:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Hyncharas
First Sergeant

If anything the bane of my playtime is the NS-44 Commissioner. All it ever took was one or two headshots at my Tier-3 Nanoweave and shields at full strength and I was dead...

That happened almost all night.

Old 2013-04-18, 04:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Snydenthur
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
Also what happened to the length of capture timers, I've seen one for 16 minutes! Were they changed or is it just that now we see the numbers we've just noticed how long it can take in extremis.
I saw like 70 minutes. But I think it has to be only because there was one out of three points taken or something. Overall, the game is much more boring now, if you want to take the xp. And why wouldn't you, since there's no point going forward alone.

What is the timer on some generators? It was something like 20000 minutes.

I'm quite surprised that commissioner isn't as good as I expected. It has some recoil bug, where sometimes there is no recoil. Makes it a lot harder to shoot at more than few meters range. Also there seems to be some sort of bug where it doesn't do any damage. I had a lot of situations where I should've landed a hit but there was no damage at all. And spread wasn't large enough even from the hip to miss at close range when I first tested it at warpgate.

And there's still no reason to use battle rifle. It's better, but not enough.
Old 2013-04-18, 07:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Chewy
Major

Now I can get to work on seeing if MAX AI weapons are really balanced now. Im thinking of using just one weapon per factions MAX but uncertain of if more are needed. So far Im thinking of going for the ones that seem to have the best ranges.

NC-
Mattock

TR-
Mercy

VS-
Cosmos

Should I use 2 weapons per faction? Say the best ranged and stock for example but that is going to take much longer to record, edit, and upload. Im just going with the 3 listed for now and might get stock latter if needed.
Old 2013-04-18, 09:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
camycamera
Major

i love this update. better m3 for TR MAX, inverted setting for vehicle reversing to be able to be turned off (ABOUT FREAKING TIME), slightly better mechanics regarding vehicle flips (this shouldn't apply to flashes imo though, it should not do damage at all, and there should be an option to flip the flash), and better map stuff, and CAMO PREVIEWS (now i can finnally spend some station cash on camos.
Old 2013-04-18, 11:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Falcon_br
Captain

Ok, I saw someone reporting a bug that he was flying under a bridge and hit an invisible wall.
I couldn't believe in him, or maybe it is in just one bridge in the map and in a very specific way.
During a dodge fight today I was going to use one bridge to do a very fast loop and get my chaser from behind, it had a very large gap under it, so it was easy to do.
My mosquito just crashed and blowed, also my chaser also crashed behind me!
I thinked, wtf!?!?!?
I just respawned in a close back and discovery what is the problem.
I don't know how to say it in English, but the bridge pillars, the one under it, are now the new ammo towers! They just pop out after you crashed on it! People are crashing at them everytime they go under a bridge!
I am already pissed of the game only uses 2 gb of ram, just because it was made in 32 bits, now that the game is receiving new weapons and helmets, soon with only those 2 gb of ram, not even biolabs will renderer before you crash on them!
I already know what is causing the problem, the truth is, I have no idea if it is possible for Sony to fix it.
32 bits diretcx 9 were a bad decision and now are affecting very bad the game! I remember when they said in beta that with all the items 2 gb were enought, now it is no longer even close to that!

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2013-04-19, 12:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Chewy
Major

Well that didn't take long. I just finished editing the Cosmos and Mercy videos and I already have the Mattock video online. With luck we should have a debate soon on the new MAX AI balance if youtube plays nice.
Old 2013-04-19, 01:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Climhazzard
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Ruffdog View Post
I just imagined micro tweaks since major balancing should already have been performed on things you can buy with real money.
"Balance" isn't a purely numbers-based comparison. It's pretty much impossible to know exactly how each weapon will ultimately perform without a significant sample size. They just do their best to get it as close as possible. Sometimes they get closer than other times.
Old 2013-04-19, 03:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Nur
Sergeant

I am used to play with Blue allies and red enemies UI.

But now on the big map I see the allies in RED. If this is a change it is a BAD change. VERY BAD.
Old 2013-04-19, 04:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Nur View Post

But now on the big map I see the allies in RED. If this is a change it is a BAD change. VERY BAD.
lol I see NC in Red, TR in Red & VS in Purple on my main map (yes before someone asks the colours are set to show TR in blue & enemies in Red )..... you're very correct Nur it ain't helpful at all.
Needs a hotfix.

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2013-04-19, 05:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Snydenthur
Master Sergeant

On my main map we are purple, nc is blue and tr is red. On my minimap and screen we are green, tr is red and nc is purple. So it is a bit distracting.
Old 2013-04-19, 06:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
hammsammich
Private

Originally Posted by Nur View Post

The first time I played after the update I took out a few of my own before I realized it. I changed the colors back in the customization settings real quick. Then after that it showed allies in blue again but it still showed vehicles and turrets in red. I took out some poor engineers turret because of this.
Old 2013-04-19, 03:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Guess it's a good thing that my colour scheme was already set to faction colours

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-04-19, 08:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Rolfski
Major

I've already made some poor judgments and send squads to wrong locations because of friendly vehicles showing up in red on the map. Extremely annoying.
Old 2013-04-19, 08:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
camycamera
Major

hey did anyone else notice the new animations for the pistol or bolt action sniper for the TR reload animations? they are much better, and SUPER badass. i like.

although, this patch was fucking buggy, the hotfix will fix the problems i had though (teleporting under the map...)
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion