Oh Noes Teh Laptop Needs An Upgrade! - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: This is the upper right hand corner of the page.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

Old 2003-07-08, 05:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
BurningSpear
Corporal

Originally posted by powdahound

The laptop was something my college next year required too, so it wasn't just a random investment. Believe me, I'm still paying it off.

If its not too much of a personal question, would you mind mentioning how much you're paying a month for that laptop?

I've been reading the reviews on your particular series, especially the reviews tailored to gaming, and I have to say I'm in love. Even considering cashing in my box for it. That kinda leads to a new question: Do you think I could get more selling my comp as parts or as a whole?

Antec 1040b case
ASUS A7M266 mobo
Athlon 1800+ Tbred
512 PC2100 DDR Crucial
SBLive! 5.1 MP3+
ATI 9000pro 64mb DDR
TDK VeloCD-writer 48x16x48
30gb 5400rpm Maxtor HDD
19" Envision Monitor
Microsoft natural keyboard and optical explorer mouse
Old 2003-07-08, 06:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
powdahound
Contributor
PSU Staff
Code Hound

Mine was $2,424 with shipping. You guys that now want sagers though should wait for the new models to come out (few weeks to a month). They're going to be worth the wait for sure.
Old 2003-07-09, 07:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
smccord313
Private

My laptop isn't quite as good as what powda has, but it does run ps well for a laptop. Still lags and slows down in big battles, but i'm impressed with its performance for a laptop. I could use more RAM though, but the upgrade is unbelieveably expensive. Around $215 to bring it up to a gig of RAM. (for those who didn't see my post) Current specs are:

Dell Inspiron 8200
2.0 ghz P4-m
512mb DDR pc2100 RAM
64mb Mobility Radeon 9000
40gb Hard Drive
win xp home

I really would like some more RAM and that new mobile 9600, which looks unbelieveable, but i don't think its possible to upgrade the graphics card in a laptop. Its prolly really expensive if it is. ut it works quite well as is.
Old 2003-07-11, 10:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
BurningSpear
Corporal

Originally posted by powdahound
Mine was $2,424 with shipping. You guys that now want sagers though should wait for the new models to come out (few weeks to a month). They're going to be worth the wait for sure.
I meant more what your monthly payments were, cuz that would help me visualize whether i could swing it next month, or have to wait a while to save up.
Old 2003-07-12, 06:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
NoSurrender
Contributor
Colonel

burning spear u can sell a kidney and umm sell ur comp and alotta other things cuz ur comp is nothing special no offense

Thanks to Eine for my awesome sig
Old 2003-07-14, 10:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
BurningSpear
Corporal

Originally posted by Pyro_Man
burning spear u can sell a kidney and umm sell ur comp and alotta other things cuz ur comp is nothing special no offense
lotta point to that post.

Anyway, I know I won't get a *lot* for my comp, but it should put a little bit of a dent in the cost of the new laptop. And I work for a living, so I think I can swing the monthly payments on the new laptop, just curious what it might be. But I think I might have figured the payments out anyway. Maybe $50-70 a month for 2-3 years. So I might pick up a Sager next paycheck.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum