Things I whould rework in planetside. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be shot again.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-11-23, 03:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Rayder
It's a chaingun, it doesn't start off spewing bullets at a rapid speed, its gotta build up, and then it starts shooting, and it gets faster and faster until it reaches its max.
You aren't trying to use modern-day realism to justify changes to PlanetSide, are you?

Oh, and although I'm no expert on ballistic weaponry, I always thought miniguns could fire as fast as any other weaponry. The reason it has multiple barrels seems to be related to cooling the weapon off, as it fires successive rounds from contiguous barrels in order to minimize the amount of heat each barrel builds up when firing as many rounds as the weapon does in such short a time frame.

Last edited by Warborn; 2003-11-23 at 04:00 PM.
Old 2003-11-23, 07:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Ait'al
Contributor
General

Has anyone ever though of, for mosquitos, that instead of making interlink make them visible to radar, make it so there visible and individually targeted by turets if there is interlink and like 3 or 4 mosquitos within like 10m of each other within the SOI of a base with interlinkbenefits or something so they can still scout affectively and not be able to overwhelm withough being detected? Same thing for infiltrators would probly completly solve the radar problem. along with a speed detection for individual infs with a percentage starting at a certain speed untill it reaches almost abosolute certainty of be detected. But for one alone or even 2 or 3 in a 5m area that wouldnt start till htey get to almost a running speed. NO speed thing for skeets though because they need the speed since ther visible. And this is once again only with interlink.

This would alow small number of inf to do there job undetected but once there spotted and need to bolt they have to worry about turrrets.

this wouldnt take into acount Infs from the Empire of whoever radar it is. But if osme (IF yoru TR) VS(3) and NC(2or3) would come within to close a proximity of each other in an affected area(or to many of hte same empire) it would increase from detecting them at a run to detecting them to when there almost at a crawl. This is only with interlink though so the interlink radar bonus isnt overided by regular base defense. So everything else would work like normal. And Aces radar affectiveness would be put back to where it was if it detects infs easily now. Even though Ace radar would gain this ability in a huge overlapping base sized area for areas between interlinked bases for that empire. Er when those interlinked bases have a situation where they gain hte radar bonus. hows that sound.

Last edited by Ait'al; 2003-11-23 at 08:23 PM.
Old 2003-11-23, 08:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Unknown
First Sergeant

IMO, they shouldn't reset the implants when you are revived, but the 0 stamina is fine. That way there would actually be a reason to wait for a revive, waiting 10 seconds for someone to revive you is better than waiting 30 seconds to a minute after spawning for your implants to reactivate.
Old 2003-11-23, 09:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Wasnt exactly lucid when i posted that, if not full stamina then at least 20 so the persons not limping.

I wish i hadnt put the chaingun comment in there last thing I wanted is another balance debate.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-11-23, 09:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by I Hate Pants
MCG spin up time? Sounds reasonable.
Haha, I hope your joking Doppler because your NC and you need to STFU with that rediculas comment.

Old 2003-11-24, 01:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

How about getting rid of Surge, which is the source of countless problems in this game. It's also 90% of the problem with Heavy Assault. The devs made a mistake with Surge; hopefully the implant balance pass will fix it.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2003-11-24, 06:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

No Comet. I mean, comment
Old 2003-11-24, 02:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Veteran: I whould be all for that save I do personaly like using surge for its intended purpose (crossing distances fast in non combat) perhaps if you had to put your weapon away to use it?

Silverlord: If you have nothing that effectively adds to the conversations please refrain from posting.
Old 2003-11-25, 07:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
ZjinPS
Staff Sergeant

There needs to be a ACE option for an Antiarmor weapon other than the land mine. Perhaps just a Spitfire with AA ammo, doesnt seem to difficult to code.

Or something really nice, like a remotely controlled turret. Just have a window similar to the Phoenix come up.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion