PS bug or computer glitch? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: You mean Planetside isn't a real place?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

Old 2004-06-23, 05:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info
PS bug or computer glitch?

Whn I'm playing planetside, usually on certain coninents (changes daily) my entier computer reboots with no warning. Just before it shuts off a blue screen with something written on it flashes for less than a second and the computer restarts. I cant tell whether its a bug or not. Though it just started after the vehicle variants patch. And for your information I use AOL (dialup) as my connection, it musnt be the case cause i've been playing PS for a year and never experienced that. Another case that might lead it to be the computer is about a month ago my computer was over runned by viruses and kicked itself into safe mode and crapped itself out. We got it back but at the moment we got 3 viruses left on the computer and a anti virus scan continues to work getting rid of them (we had at the beginning 7 main virus infected files, its down to 3).

Now if its a bug, obviously screw it until i get hte dev's to come to my house and see what I mean. Or its the computer and maybe a setting or a virus.

Heres my questions.

1. Is there a setting that you can change to make the computer boot if its running to hard?
2. Is it possible I'm still on safe mode?
3. Any other reasons?

This is the worst i've seen planetside ALL YEAR. I dont want to consider retiring my character.

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.
Old 2004-06-23, 09:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
DeepStrikeck
Sergeant Major

1. What are the specs for your computer? (mobo, CPU, etc)
2. What OS?
3. I used to have the same problem back in my Renegade days when I had an EC L7VMM. I reloaded the OS (Win XP Home) (wiped HD) and that seemed to work.
4. It's probably one of your infected files. Definetely clean those up before reloading OS.
5. Possibly some bad RAM that craps out and your comp can't handle the loading of conts.
Old 2004-06-23, 09:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Corrosion

Misc Info

Originally Posted by BUGGER
Whn I'm playing planetside, usually on certain coninents (changes daily) my entier computer reboots with no warning. Just before it shuts off a blue screen with something written on it flashes for less than a second and the computer restarts. I cant tell whether its a bug or not. Though it just started after the vehicle variants patch. And for your information I use AOL (dialup) as my connection, it musnt be the case cause i've been playing PS for a year and never experienced that. Another case that might lead it to be the computer is about a month ago my computer was over runned by viruses and kicked itself into safe mode and crapped itself out. We got it back but at the moment we got 3 viruses left on the computer and a anti virus scan continues to work getting rid of them (we had at the beginning 7 main virus infected files, its down to 3).

Now if its a bug, obviously screw it until i get hte dev's to come to my house and see what I mean. Or its the computer and maybe a setting or a virus.

Heres my questions.

1. Is there a setting that you can change to make the computer boot if its running to hard?
2. Is it possible I'm still on safe mode?
3. Any other reasons?

This is the worst i've seen planetside ALL YEAR. I dont want to consider retiring my character.
You need to get rid of AOL dial up, it'll fix it.
Old 2004-06-26, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

Let me advise you that this only happens in planetside. And Planetside runs perfect compared to battlefield: Vietnam and I mean BF:V is SHIT.

I'll post specs later, i gtg right now.

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum