Replay battle archive nice tool to make video montage avoid cheats whiout killcams ! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Fear the Domo
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Would you like to see a replay battle whith 2 hours delay in PS2
Hell yeah ! 20 48.78%
Hell no ! 4 9.76%
If its well done why not ? 17 41.46%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-06-04, 05:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Stew
Major

Thumbs up Replay battle archive nice tool to make video montage avoid cheats whiout killcams !

Ill explain a little bit why i start thinking thats replay battle could be a great solution to also be better players but also to catch cheaters and exploiters down the road !

And also a great tool to Make awesome videos montage etc..

I was kinda disapointed about the whole killcam thing because killcam can be good to catch cheaters and wall hackers etc... so you can report them really quick !

But i also dislike to be spot and and reported by the guys i just kill in a infiltration operation wich is our outfit speciality !

But i hate even more to not be able to spot cheaters

So i was thinking

Replay battle at every end of a certain cycles replay battle become available with a 2 hours delay to not be able to watch the end of the replay battle to spot ennemies in advance like if the replay become available at 8 AM this replay end at 6 AM and so on always with a 2 hours delay at least !

I think this will fix my concern about not having a killcam but also will lead us to be able to make awesome video montage whiout having to record our ingame perspective !

Its also lead to better analyse of the game better way to make strategies and refinned our game experience !

Also matt said thats SOE are going to release every single piece of data so why not the video record of the continents as well ? like avaiable for donwload in a ZIP files or something like thats or each hours of gameplay or 30 minute block no matter how are available for a certain amount of time for download so they will not have to store tons of video data

after few days or weaks the previous are not available anymore and will be deleate !

So whats you guys think !

Last edited by Stew; 2012-06-04 at 06:07 AM.
Old 2012-06-04, 06:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Arktype
Private

Re: Replay battle archive nice tool to make video montage avoid cheats whiout killcam

200% for it. We had a talk about this a week ago here: http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...989#post700989

glad you r bringing it back with a Pool. Interesting to see what people are interested in
Old 2012-06-04, 07:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Dagron
Captain

Re: Replay battle archive nice tool to make video montage avoid cheats whiout killcam

I'd like it, but how would it affect performance?
Old 2012-06-04, 07:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
2coolforu
First Lieutenant

Battle replays would be nice for youtube footage, how feasible it would be I do not know.
Old 2012-06-04, 07:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Vancha
Colonel

http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=36657

Made in July, resurrected in May.

It's a popular idea, but I wouldn't expect to see it in before release.
Old 2012-06-04, 07:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Gandhi
First Lieutenant

I'd be really pleasantly surprised if they manage to pull this off in a game of this scale, but I'm not holding my breath.
Old 2012-06-04, 07:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Vanir
Staff Sergeant

But in a MMOFPS, battles never truly end. They just crawl from one area to another.

Last edited by Vanir; 2012-06-04 at 07:57 AM.
Old 2012-06-04, 07:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
2coolforu
First Lieutenant

Yeah, I'm almost certain there is no way they could record all the footage from 20,000 or so continuously fighting players. It's not as if there are discrete rounds for the footage to be cut off at and uploaded, I can imagine footage being saved clientside could be exploited by hacks too.
Old 2012-06-04, 09:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
The Kush
Captain

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Ill explain a little bit why i start thinking thats replay battle could be a great solution to also be better players but also to catch cheaters and exploiters down the road !

And also a great tool to Make awesome videos montage etc..

I was kinda disapointed about the whole killcam thing because killcam can be good to catch cheaters and wall hackers etc... so you can report them really quick !

But i also dislike to be spot and and reported by the guys i just kill in a infiltration operation wich is our outfit speciality !

But i hate even more to not be able to spot cheaters

So i was thinking

Replay battle at every end of a certain cycles replay battle become available with a 2 hours delay to not be able to watch the end of the replay battle to spot ennemies in advance like if the replay become available at 8 AM this replay end at 6 AM and so on always with a 2 hours delay at least !

I think this will fix my concern about not having a killcam but also will lead us to be able to make awesome video montage whiout having to record our ingame perspective !

Its also lead to better analyse of the game better way to make strategies and refinned our game experience !

Also matt said thats SOE are going to release every single piece of data so why not the video record of the continents as well ? like avaiable for donwload in a ZIP files or something like thats or each hours of gameplay or 30 minute block no matter how are available for a certain amount of time for download so they will not have to store tons of video data

after few days or weaks the previous are not available anymore and will be deleate !

So whats you guys think !
I think a video tool would be awesome for montages, ect

The delay on the feed would have to be hours, honestly maybe a day depending on how important location is in this game. The data would have to be saved to the person who wants the feeds computer, and then after x hours the game allows footage of the battle. Player hits button in game, starts recording, saved to harddrive, and then is allowed access later on. Footage stops when record button is turned off. The camera in game allows angles and footage from anywhere (think flying camera). The only concern I have is how much data it would take to replay the entire game. Im not sure if this is possible. However, if it is I think this would be a cool feature for video guys and outfits.
Old 2012-06-05, 12:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by 2coolforu View Post
Yeah, I'm almost certain there is no way they could record all the footage from 20,000 or so continuously fighting players. It's not as if there are discrete rounds for the footage to be cut off at and uploaded, I can imagine footage being saved clientside could be exploited by hacks too.
I think a if the footage are delayed they cant be exploits and also i think thats will make awesome montage tool and a good way to verified cheating and hacking !

Zip files in block of 30 minute can be made and all thats can be uploaded every 48 hours the files are deleated so its up to the players to upload the one they want !
Old 2012-06-05, 01:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Envenom
Sergeant Major

You can watch me go prone
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion