Performance slot for a pure Air-To-Ground Scythe? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Your favorite past time, your favorite now time.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2012-12-19, 10:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
LectraWyraph
Private

Performance slot for a pure Air-To-Ground Scythe?

Basically: I want the best performance frame for attacking ground targets, then simply fleeing away when another aircraft comes after me. I want the best performance slot for flying away from enemy aircraft so I don't have to fight them at a severe disadvantage.

Does the racer airframe go faster than the hover stability airframe? Will it help me escape enemy aircraft easier? I've read repeatedly that the hover stability airframe gives additional speed, so I'm unsure which performance slot to choose.
Old 2012-12-22, 03:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
The Messenger
Corporal

Re: Performance slot for a pure Air-To-Ground Scythe?

Originally Posted by LectraWyraph View Post
Basically: I want the best performance frame for attacking ground targets, then simply fleeing away when another aircraft comes after me. I want the best performance slot for flying away from enemy aircraft so I don't have to fight them at a severe disadvantage.

Does the racer airframe go faster than the hover stability airframe? Will it help me escape enemy aircraft easier? I've read repeatedly that the hover stability airframe gives additional speed, so I'm unsure which performance slot to choose.
I have very little experience with chassis upgrades for the scythe but I have maxed both hover and racer for the reaver and this is what I can tell you. If you want speed, go for the racer chassis. Hover does offer some speed but it's usually nose down and holding space for a boost of ~8kph. The racer chassis will probably add about a 5% boost to the "stock" speed for each level; it also doesn't seem to help the AB. The sad part with these numbers is that for the reaver, 700 certs for racer 3 only makes it as fast as a stock mossie. This is very discouraging since a BR 1 player in a mossie is just as fast as someone who just dumped 700 certs into their ESF. Since I know the scythe's speed is between the reaver and mossie, I would wager it will be "slightly" faster than a stock mossie, but not by much.
Old 2012-12-26, 03:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
NZVeritas
Private

From my Scythe Bomber I use:-

Photon pods
Level 4 composite armor
Dog fighting air frame
Hailstorm
Decoy flares.

Bare in mind this is mainly for anti-vehicle and turrets.

The photon pods are not as good for taking out infantry. (4 pods needed to take out one infantry if not a direct hit.)
It has the weakest pods out of all the factions.

I use dog fighting air frame to get out of situations where other Scythe pilots have decided to ignore an enemy ESF on my tail.
Saved my butt a fair few times.

If you want pure ground attac k ESF, rocket pods and Light PPA since the light PPA is infantry orientated.
Also use IR sights on the guns to make enemy standout.
Old 2012-12-26, 04:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
DirkSmacker
Private

Originally Posted by LectraWyraph View Post
Basically: I want the best performance frame for attacking ground targets, then simply fleeing away when another aircraft comes after me.
So you want a K/D that makes you look like Rambo?
Old 2012-12-26, 08:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
NoXousX
Corporal

For air to ground fighting all the air frames are relatively equal. For me the deciding air frame factor is how well you can perform against ESFs. For mosquitoes I prefer dogfighting 3. For scythes I would recommend either dog fighting or hover.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions