Need Help With the Training - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Scratching that itch no one else would touch.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2005-03-26, 11:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
endoftheline
Private

Need Help With the Training

I just bought the game, and I cant even seem to finish the training.... I'm up to the veichical training, and it tells me to click on the hasser icon. But there is no hasser icon there.... Ive looked everywhere, restarted the game and stuff, and its still the same. THis is a pic of What I mean. Could someone please help me out here. I really want to play this game.

Old 2005-03-26, 11:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Hamorad
First Sergeant

Hint for ya: IGNORE THE TRAINING... THEY WILL ROT YOUR BRAIN...
seriously though, Training is worthless. Just talk to one person ingame (or here ) and you'll learn everything you need to know

Oh yeah, Clicky It's a little bit about the game to get you started.

Last edited by Hamorad; 2005-03-26 at 11:41 PM.
Old 2005-03-26, 11:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
endoftheline
Private

well i just wanted to learn the game a bit first... The tutorial seemed pretty good, unitll it got retarted, with no icon there.
Old 2005-03-26, 11:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
mechaman
Sergeant Major

Offline Training has been broken for years. Just talk to an experiance player and you can learn all you need to know
Old 2005-03-27, 01:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Endoftheline... no way you'll be able to get that name in game. He was a popular NC guy that got banned a while back.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2005-03-27, 08:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

I don't think offline training has ever worked. But SamHayne (PlanetSide Lead Designer/Producer) has said that its something they're looking into.
Old 2005-03-27, 11:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
endoftheline
Private

well i have taken your advice, and someone did teach me a lot of stuff in game. Planetside has a very nice community in game.

One Problem though--> I cant log in anymore, its just say the operation has timed out. How often do the PS servers go ofline like this? And is there a way to check their status on the planetside page?

Old 2005-03-27, 12:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Not very often at all.
Old 2005-03-27, 01:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Hamorad
First Sergeant

Yeah I'm pretty sure the servers went offline for a while today i've gotten that same message.
Old 2005-03-27, 02:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
mechaman
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by endoftheline
well i have taken your advice, and someone did teach me a lot of stuff in game. Planetside has a very nice community in game.

One Problem though--> I cant log in anymore, its just say the operation has timed out. How often do the PS servers go ofline like this? And is there a way to check their status on the planetside page?

Servers don't go down often but if you can get past the login screen then there should be message saying which servers are up/down on the right side of the screen
Old 2005-03-27, 10:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
endoftheline
Private

thanks, it works fine now
Old 2005-03-28, 07:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

SOE had a big network outage yesterday.
Old 2005-03-28, 09:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
FatalLight
Sergeant Major

All of SOE or just Markov?
Old 2005-03-28, 12:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Well, I assume SOE HQ in San Diego (or whereever Markov is based) since EQ2 also had outages for all of its US servers as well.
Old 2005-03-28, 03:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

As all the others said, offline training is bugged and has been bugged forever, and SOE doesn't do much about it because most people ignore it when they start playing PS anyhow. A pity, because complete nubs spamming broadcast with questions can be quite annoying. Don't get me wrong, everyone needs to ask a few questions when they start playing PS, its a fairly complex game, but if more people would actually read the manual or do some of the tutorial (well, at least through the part that works correctly) it would definately make things simpler for us veterans to explain to the newbies.

Typical question is something along the lines of "How do I get a vehicle" and the response is usually "Get certified for that vehicle and go to a vehicle terminal and press G". The problem are the nubs that then go "Whats certifications?"

That said, I'm glad someone has the sense to try to figure things out before diving into the fight. Welcome to PlanetSide.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion