Who has quit? - Page 17 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Did you know?: PSU is USP backwards
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-27, 09:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #241
Daimond
Private

Re: Who has quit?

I have basicaly quit and several others I know. I login every 24 hours to get my 19 free Certs, Just incase they accualy do go down the right path with the game the free certs from my subscription will help. But no more money is going into this game, and I have not played since the first 2 days of 2x XP hollidays.
There is just to much left out of the game, tons of problems with classes and they ignore the worst of the cases for there favorets.
- No Meta game
- Bad base disigns ( no army in there right mind would desgn bases intended for enemy to easly take over )
- TTK to high and designed for Quake stly play in most cases.
They need to go back and Play a Game called PS1 that has been around for 10 years, and bring in some of the future that they created then, for game play that works well. Not all this crap that keeps getting regerjetated from BF, COD and other crap games that I game up on long ago cuase there crap. This game will die if they dont start doing somthing.
I for one like others Waiting for a real battle MMOFPS to go F2P called PS1, lest there you have real tactics that play out. There is just nothing this game does that like old one keeps me playing. I just do not get the feeling I had to get pulled back into playing.
Old 2013-01-28, 01:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #242
OldAeon
Private

Re: Who has quit?

I've more or less quit playing. Sure, I'll log in from time to time and have a go, it's free to play anyway, but not like I used to.
I also agree with basically all the critique posted in this thread, no need to rehash what has been already said ad nauseam since beta everywhere.

It's not even the bugs, cheaters, vehicleside^10 farming infantry, the pointlessness of defending anything or the ridiculous rendering distance issues that turned me off.
The final straw was the roadmap with it's lack of a general vision and sufficient improvement in the metagame. I could live with issues, everyone knows PS1 had tons of them, but I could tolerate them cause the overall gameplay was fun and rewarding.
Also the roadmap is like "we'll let you decide which unimportant stuff we'll do when, isn't that great?" \o/ while the glaring omissions that made Planetside what it was aren't even up for vote. It's like voting in a country that has one party.

I'm just glad I could be part of the original Planetside, I just wish I had more time back then to play it more than I did. It was a game that was and is still far, far ahead of it's time in every aspect. With that experience coming to play PS2 is like going into a bar, ordering an icecold beer and getting warm, watered down apple soda. It kinda looks similar but after taking a sip you know it's not what you ordered.

Oh, and in case someone at SOE is wondering why so many people react so emotionally to the state of PS2: Simple. We used to love PS1 and we lived/played and payed (!) through several of it's problems, and we see the potential it had, both for earning money for it's publisher and for the enjoyment of it's playerbase. Too bad SOE seemingly isn't able to learn from it's past mistakes (e.g. lack of advertising and BFRs in PS1 and the 2005 changes in SWG).

Last edited by OldAeon; 2013-01-28 at 01:54 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion