Sniper Skill Tree.....Please include Headshots and Prone - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hey, this isn't a joint, it's a frozen french fry!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-07-09, 08:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Dreamcast
Major

Re: Sniper Skill Tree.....Please include Headshots and Prone

Originally Posted by Gogita View Post
In real life guns need to be maintained well by cleaning the barrel and so on, should that also be simulated in Planetside just because it's realistic? No of course not! We do not care about realism if it will negatively impact gameplay.
Except it wont negatively impact gameplay.

and yes Planetside should replicate that part of real life to make it headshots not be op.
Old 2011-07-09, 08:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Planetside View Post
When people do headshots in realife is very hard to do.....So Planetside should replicated.

The point still being, headshots should be hard.

Is that better for you?
Headshots in a video game like this should not exist. Period. The sooner you realize that and stop trying to compare with shit you saw in a movie or on TV or in some *** airsoft game, the better off everyone will be. Stop talking about real life sniping - it's making me want to punch kittens. And I fucking love kittens.

Last edited by Firefly; 2011-07-09 at 08:29 PM.
Old 2011-07-09, 08:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Bags
Lieutenant General

The hard part about sniping is that second shot. Bad snipers like myself can land the first one.

Headshots would be broken for good snipers and bad snipers alike.
Old 2011-07-09, 08:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
NCLynx
Major

It can't be put any better than what Firefly said, this thread seriously needs to be closed.
Old 2011-07-09, 08:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
Headshots in a video game like this should not exist. Period. The sooner you realize that and stop trying to compare with shit you saw in a movie or on TV or in some *** airsoft game, the better off everyone will be. Stop talking about real life sniping - it's making me want to punch kittens. And I fucking love kittens.
You don't need to harass him because you don't have the skills to pull off headshots in real life. Obviously Planetside has more experience and skills with a sniper than you.
Old 2011-07-09, 08:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Zargas
Private

You wanne be a real sniper?

ok, then aim for a leg, the chest area anywhere to make your enemies stop and tend to their wounded
Stomach is a good place due to pain and it is not good for moral to have a soldier crying while bleeding out

Killing your foe only takes one guy away, wounding one can remove up to a squad

Then move away from that location

Or
Walk for hours on end with a mate, spot on enemies for bomb runs or help your commander with info
Info is worth more then gold on a battlefield, live info even more

A sniper is not a lone wolf head shot killing machine
Old 2011-07-09, 08:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by 321 View Post
You don't need to harass him because you don't have the skills to pull off headshots in real life. Obviously Planetside has more experience and skills with a sniper than you.
I stand corrected. They should hire this kid - I mean, this Special Forces SEAL Operator - for QA strictly to fully vet all of the shooting mechanics.
Old 2011-07-09, 08:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by 321 View Post
Don't be a
Old 2011-07-09, 08:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Vancha
Colonel

Moving targets will be hard to land a headshot on...Skillfull players could perhaps pull it off.
So in the space of an hour, we've gone from only the "super amazing" players landing headshots on moving targets, to "skillful" ones. That's a hell of a lot more headshots.

Bad Snipers who have Headshots who try to hit a sitting target will realize how long it takes to get good accuracy in the mean time, he will probably get shot at if he truly is a bad sniper since he will probably be in a bad spot.

and if you are waiting to rest on that sniper, that sniper accuracy is so much better he would've shot you and made u have 1/3 of health meaning next shot you're dead.
This is all moot. You've said a "skillful" player can headshot a moving target. If the crosshair rests quickly enough for a "skillful" player to headshot a moving target, it'll be OP against stationary ones, even in a newbie's hands.

Honestly, that's the end of the argument right there. If it rests fast enough to hit a moving target it'll be overpowered, and if it rests slowly enough to be balanced against stationary targets, it'll be basically pointless and the pros certainly won't need it.
Old 2011-07-09, 09:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
SKYeXile
Major General

current sniper rifle is fine, forget that headshots, perhaps give it 4 rounds in a clip with 1.5 seconds in-between shots and a log ass reload. that is all.
Old 2011-07-09, 10:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Rarntogo
Corporal

Sniper = Camper. I hate campers. Grow a set, get in the battle and die like the rest of us instead of camping on some hill where no one can see you hiding. A one shot kill from a half mile away has no place in gaming IMHO. In real battle it serves a purpose but when your playing a game for fun... the only one having any fun is the camper.
Old 2011-07-09, 10:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Aractain
Major

If any weapon with any hitbox delivers an instant kill on a full health level one (1) target I will give that Higby guy a very sternly written letter expressing my discontent and a photograph of me eyeing him disapointingly.
Old 2011-07-09, 10:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
CutterJohn
Colonel

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
REAL FUCKING SNIPERS DO NOT FUCKING DO HEADSHOTS. GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK FUCKING SKULL YOU GODDAMNED SACK OF KNUCKLES. STOP TRASHING MY FUCKING PROFESSION WITH YOUR HOLLYWOOD BULLSHIT.
Chill with the roid rage dude. Hollywood fucks everyones profession up. You're not a unique snowflake.
Old 2011-07-09, 10:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Bags
Lieutenant General

nm

Last edited by Bags; 2011-07-09 at 10:45 PM.
Old 2011-07-09, 11:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

I can't believe this guy dares to name himself "Planetside" and the ideas he wants to implement are the complete opposite of what made Planetside great.

Are you that guy named "PSNext" or whatever on TR perhaps? Because that would clear A LOT up.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion