Suicide Bombers - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It'll give ya the jitters
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-01-11, 12:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Camping Carl
Major

No, I'm just jaded with it all, but I understand -- despite the attempt at a witty response -- that you were really trying to say that you don't like me. So come on, if you want to express your dislike for me, do it in a way that doesn't involve failed wit and baseless attacks.
Heh, touched a nerve, did I warborn? But seriously, I don't dislike you, nor was my statement baseless. And if you don't understand that, perhaps there's more truth to my claim of you being an idiot than even I suspected.

Vanu still suck....
Old 2003-01-11, 01:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Nah, no nerves to be touched. You were attempting to turn my words back on me by calling me an idiot, where I just called the guy who enjoys crashing vehicles into other people one. A nice attempt, but really sort of weak, given the fact that I'm not an idiot.

But, maybe it's just my geography. Perhaps where you come from, people who like one another attempt to call each other an idiot for... well, fun, maybe? Either way, I'm seeing you struggle to insult me, but without any real gain for you. Unless I'm mistaken, I haven't confronted you in this thead, so it must be something I said earlier. And, you know, just as a friendly reminder, there's really always the Private Message method if you absolutely must get something off your chest.

Hint hint.
Old 2003-01-11, 01:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
Camping Carl
Major

Originally posted by Warborn
Nah, no nerves to be touched. You were attempting to turn my words back on me by calling me an idiot, where I just called the guy who enjoys crashing vehicles into other people one. A nice attempt, but really sort of weak, given the fact that I'm not an idiot.

But, maybe it's just my geography. Perhaps where you come from, people who like one another attempt to call each other an idiot for... well, fun, maybe? Either way, I'm seeing you struggle to insult me, but without any real gain for you. Unless I'm mistaken, I haven't confronted you in this thead, so it must be something I said earlier. And, you know, just as a friendly reminder, there's really always the Private Message method if you absolutely must get something off your chest.

Hint hint.
I think you're reading my replies wrong, or perhaps you want an argument. I'm not going to engage in a flame war with you warborn, tho it's painfully obvious that's exactly what you want.

And its not that you've confronted me on a previous thread, its more like you confront everyone on every thread, often without good reason.

I'm seeing you struggle to insult me, but without any real gain for you.
I should be saying this to you (tho I haven't), not the other way around.

Back to the topic,

An effective tactic would probably placing mines on reavers, and crashing them just before getting shot down, thus taking some enemies with you. Anyone agree?

Vanu still suck....
Old 2003-01-11, 02:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
Revolution
First Lieutenant

Thumbs up

When I started this thread I was trying to make a valid possible tactice. As always there are going to be people who disagree. Such would be CAMPING(Not You Carl, Fellow NC warrior) I am sure we are all aware what camping is and how it can slow a game down and make it NOT AT ALL fun for some of us in a game, and REALLY fun for some of us in a game.
But such a high spawn rate MMOG warfare game where you dont have to worry about money to get a weapon, not to mention no penalty but a few minutes of being MIA and go back into the battle, and it is a game, whatever tactics you use should be fine as long as you make it fun. For YOU and your IG or RL friends playing.
In AC I could not stand getting raped by Bloods all the time they seem to be everywhere. But I got my friends joined a guild, and woo hoo!!!! TIME TO A#$ RAPE Ourselves! And it was great! Even when we did die, I died with my fellow warriors.
Cheating I hate, maybe even ALL expoits. But Tactics that confuse, are not understood, baffle the enemy be it they have no clue what you did or are doing, whatever, now Thats Fun!
Its about IG friends, Fun, Kickin ass, getting your ass kicked, and being a bad ass player that the Vanu Scum FEAR!!!!(ops went to far on the Vanu/Raelians.
I have a feeling someone will argue some of this but, in reality you cannot because that is how I SEE a game and its my opinion, IN MY OPINION. You can have your own. So if you must Quote/flame, make it your OPINION because that is all it is, and can be. It cannot be wrong or right, just opinions.
Damn, when did I learn how to type??
Old 2003-01-11, 02:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Camping Carl,

You seem really mixed up. First you call me an idiot, then you say you don't dislike me, then you're saying "And its not that you've confronted me on a previous thread, its more like you confront everyone on every thread, often without good reason". Full of contradictions today, aren't we?

Also,

I'm not going to engage in a flame war with you warborn, tho it's painfully obvious that's exactly what you want.
You know, I'm really never one to say this, but Christ man, are you sure you have your head screwed on properly? I don't believe I even mentioned you prior to the post in which you called me an idiot, yet I'm the one looking for a flame war? Heh, alright bud, whatever you say.

I should be saying this to you (tho I haven't), not the other way around.
One thing about my "flames" is that I very rarely ever attack the person directly. I find it a rather flimsy way to argue, and really, it's not very productive at all. As such, I can guarentee you that I haven't insulted you directly my entire time here. I might have called Dio something, and I obviously called Revolution an idiot, but I don't recall ever saying anything to you.

So, tell me, what is it that I've said that's gotten you all mixed up like this? And no, you haven't hit a nerve or whatever. I'm genuinely curious, and would really like to find out where this hostility originated.
Old 2003-01-11, 02:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

But such a high spawn rate MMOG warfare game where you dont have to worry about money to get a weapon, not to mention no penalty but a few minutes of being MIA and go back into the battle...
You'd be absolutely amazed at how annoyed players can get if they die, wait a couple minutes to fight again, spawn, drive out somewhere, and immidiately have someone crash a vehicle into them, killing them and their attacker without any fighting to be had. Just crashing, just dying, and another couple minutes of waiting to get back into the fighting. I'm not talking about the "right" or "wrong" way to fight. There aren't any rules that say you can't crash your vehicle into someone else. What I'm talking about is sportsmanship, and not being a selfish dick whose only concern is your own immidiate entertainment. There are other people playing these games too, and while I'm not about to advocate not killing people or whatever, you should conduct yourself in a way that'll make the game fun for you (real fun, not immature "hiding behind the Internet and being a jackass" fun) and the guys you're fighting. Otherwise, things get bitter, people start hating their enemies, and the game becomes something that no game should ever be (irritating, frustrating, and a conduit for your anger).

Last edited by Warborn; 2003-01-11 at 02:38 PM.
Old 2003-01-11, 02:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Camping Carl
Major

::ingnores warborn's continued attempts at arguement::

You're right, revolution, kamakazi is a valid tactic. And I don't understand why people protest it. Any battlefield strategy that works well should be allowed, and those who are defeated have no right to complain. It's their fault for not thinking up an effective counter-strategy.

Vanu still suck....
Old 2003-01-11, 02:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
Stalefish
Corporal

KAMIKAZE! Kamikaze is probably the best tactic ever, run in, blow shit up. 'Nuff said.

Running vehicles into people and walls to get rid of them and kill a few people works really well, but there are disadvantages to kamikazis too, you have to spawn way the hell away from the place you're attacking when you do it.
Old 2003-01-11, 03:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
Camping Carl
Major

there are disadvantages to kamikazis too, you have to spawn way the hell away from the place you're attacking when you do it.
Well... it's only if you're going to die anyways, right? Tho yeah, it does suck having to travel back to a fight.

Vanu still suck....
Old 2003-01-11, 03:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
quiet
Staff Sergeant

I hope PS doesn't have effective suicide bombing.

BF1942 Jeep ramming is stupid, but that is not the fault of idiotic players, it's the fault of idiotic programmers.
Old 2003-01-11, 03:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

::ingnores warborn's continued attempts at arguement::
You know what, I don't care. Seriously, you're acting so screwed up that I don't even think it's worth seeing what you'd have to say anyway.

BF1942 Jeep ramming is stupid, but that is not the fault of idiotic players, it's the fault of idiotic programmers.
I agree. The tank should suffer minimal damage from the jeep, while the jeep should be destroyed. They made an extremely poor design decision with how jeep - tank collisions work.
Old 2003-01-12, 09:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #72
thegame109
First Sergeant

Ummm yes it is VERY VERY VERY FUNNY as it's only a game and people take it too far by crying about things like this i mean it's a game and it's not as if i'm gonna do it in ps lol i'de be banned!!.

PLANETSIDE!!
Old 2003-01-12, 10:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #73
Lillemanden
Staff Sergeant

I agree. The tank should suffer minimal damage from the jeep, while the jeep should be destroyed. They made an extremely poor design decision with how jeep - tank collisions work.
It does take minimal damage, but you can put some mines on it.
Old 2003-01-12, 11:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #74
thegame109
First Sergeant

i did'nt know that....thx i'#ll try that one out now 8)

PLANETSIDE!!
Old 2003-01-12, 02:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
DiosT

I certainly hope someoen in a wraith cant ram a MAX suit and kill it, and only take 1% damage themselves (*cough BF1942*, jeeps were friggin stupid)

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion