How to Stop 4th Empire/Spying/Sabotage? - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: discourages the use of ANT traps.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-18, 12:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: How to Stop 4th Empire/Spying/Sabotage?

Originally Posted by Marsgrim View Post
The problem is for the people working to take a base who then get their effort and fun ruined by someone dual boxing to grief the attempt and sabotage it.

Even with grief lock, it's still feasible for a friendly tank to ruin the attempts of a large number of players. With the F2P model, all you need to create an account is an email address at this stage, as far as we know, which makes it easier to abuse the system.

You may wish to say it won't make an impact on the overall fight although I disagree, but it certianly makes an impact on a local fight where hours of play could be sabotaged. It's fun to fight, it's not fun to be deliberately TK'd repeatedly to prevent you achieving what you want to.
i suppose sabatoge could be an issue - but we will have to see the mechanics in action before we know if it matters.
Old 2012-06-18, 01:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Nemises
Sergeant

maybe just maybe something useful could be gleaned by checking the other empires Mission pool (assuming its available to view empire wide?)...but knowing this, the canny CR5 group aint going to broadcast the nights plan on it..

also,
I someone wants to get a spy alt up to CR5..then good on them, they deserve to get the inside scoop..that stuff takes a loooong time (or it did in PS1)
Old 2012-06-18, 01:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Envenom
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
I don't see any reason to care about this sort of stuff. You're fighting over bases you're going to lose by the next day if not immediately after. Who cares if people spy, or sabotage, or switch empires? It's a game of zero consequence. Have fun shooting people with guns and forget about trying to get serious about it.
Nailed it.
Old 2012-06-18, 01:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
OutlawDr
Contributor
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Nemises View Post
maybe just maybe something useful could be gleaned by checking the other empires Mission pool (assuming its available to view empire wide?)...but knowing this, the canny CR5 group aint going to broadcast the nights plan on it..

also,
I someone wants to get a spy alt up to CR5..then good on them, they deserve to get the inside scoop..that stuff takes a loooong time (or it did in PS1)
Though hopefully its not just a matter of grinding to CR5 to get access to cont chat.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion