Question about PS battles.... - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Squeeky did it. Whatever it is, Squeeky did it.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-01, 02:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Darrcc
Private

Question about PS battles....

It's been a long while since I last played, and with the Core Combat expansion I wanted to know if alot of the fighting is done there now? Or can I still play without buying the expansion.
Old 2004-02-01, 02:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
flypengy
Master Sergeant

expansion is worthless, and no one ever goes down there.
Old 2004-02-01, 02:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

Not many people go down there, and you can still play without the expansion. If you don't have the expansion, you can't use the 3 new weapons and 3 new vehs and can't go into the caverns.
Old 2004-02-01, 03:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Visor
Sergeant

I dont think the x-pack is worthless when you get a tech mod and you got HA total ownage.

If you get the vechicle mod and have the tank cert and you are about to storm a nmy tower line up so you can shoot the door and you will get about 30 kills (not including friendlies) and 200 grief.

The rest does suck and is a waste of money.
Old 2004-02-01, 03:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

CC is $30 better spent somewhere else. It only gives 1 good weapon and 1 good vehicle that will kill as many friendlies as enemies.
Old 2004-02-01, 06:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
KIAsan
First Sergeant

If you can afford it, buy it. There are a few occasions that make it worth the $. If your on a tight budget, forget it. You can have just as much fun without.

If it's not nailed down, it's mine. If I can pry it up, it's not nailed down.
Old 2004-02-04, 09:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Creepo
Private

i bought it.......
Old 2004-02-04, 09:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

CC is worth it if you have some skill. The HA weapon is total ownage. The spiker is a god damn 3 hit kill on a rexo with full charge blasts. The radiator is a god damn tank killer cause it kills the crew inside letting you hack it and enjoy the new ride.

The router isnt that good. The Switchblade is an awsome vehicle if used right and can deploy into a turret. The flail is what you all said it is.
Old 2004-02-04, 10:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
GreyFox
First Sergeant

I hope the next expansion will build upon the areas that already exist, rather then add new ones... but that might force everyone to buy it... so... well anyways, Core Combat at the moment don't seem worth it.

And an expansion should never give too much of an advantage to those that buys it, and Core Combat doesn't really do that.
Old 2004-02-05, 01:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Creepo
i bought it.......

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-02-05, 03:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Phaden
Contributor
Major

Yeh, i think alot of people bought it and hoped, but 30 could be better spent on another couple months.
Old 2004-02-05, 03:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Some people learn the ropes in the cavers, some don't. It's an investment if you ever feel you'll want to help in the module game.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2004-02-05, 12:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Jagd
Major

You've hit the nail on the head there Veteran, the main problem with the caves seems to be that most people are too lazy to go into the caves and learn their way around. There does seem to be a bit more activity down there recently than there was, say, 2 or 3 months ago. I am crossing my fingers that this trend will increase, because it only takes a couple module runs per cave to start remembering where things are, more or less. If people took the time to go down there and retrieve a module every other play session (which I have been trying to make a habit of lately) they will start finding firefights, be a lot less confused and hopefully consider going spelunking on a more regular bases.

TR Markov has an outfit called Dog Soldiers that I run into more often then not when I go for a module through Forseral geowarps, and that alone gives me a ray of hope that the caves may not be desserted forever.

EDIT: Here's a tip for the first time spelunker. From my adventures in the caverns, I would have to say that Supai cavern is the easiest to find your way around in. The module and AT buildings are both on the ground floor and are easily recognizable, and getting to the core is a cinch as long as you go UP to the ceiling buildings via zipline before trying to get to the center.

Last edited by Jagd; 2004-02-05 at 12:57 PM.
Old 2004-02-05, 03:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Furluge
Private

As someone who was in the CC beta.. I /love/ the caverns. Some of the battles that I've had down there are the greatest ever by far. But the problem with Core Combat is that people just won't go down there. Newbies go down there, say, "OMG! What's this yellow stuff? What do you mean I can't just run in a straight line and get there? This suxorz!" and then they never go down there again. I've heard my outfit mates say many times, "I dunno. I just get lost down there, I never have fun there." That it drives me nuts. And I think this is the general sentiment among players, so they won't go, so people don't buy it, so no one goes down there, etc. etc. etc.

But if you look at the foundation plans.. if that doesn't get people down there, you can bet they'll do something more drastic to get people into the caverns. (I still caverns should be lattice links between continents or bases on continents.) Once people start fighting in there and realize just how /awesome/ it is, it'll improve.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion