Pounder__Exploit__going LIVE!?!? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: ALT+F4 for the latest beta news
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-17, 02:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
GreyFlcn
Sergeant Major

Pounder__Exploit__going LIVE!?!?

So I take a week off without a subscription, and this is what I get...

So yeh, the patch is going live in the next few days, and the Pounder can still do this.

10m wide explosions. Sure
500m range shots. Check
300kph travel speed. Roger

Richocheting off walls?
WHOA... wait a minute.

Aren't these supposed to be 'small rockets' now?
Who in their right mind left the 3 second delay mode on the Pounder?

For example, you go up 5 flights of stairs on a Watch Tower.
With the right angle you can shoot the grenades all the way to the *ground floor*. WTH!?!?

I can understand Pounder being the only decent outdoor AV max.
But indoors, having a bounce mode is way too much!

Theres no way you can 'dodge' anything that richochets off walls, and travels at 300kph!!

I sure hope this doesn't go live
Old 2004-02-17, 02:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

It's not an exploit, they never changed it to rockets. It's still grenades.
Old 2004-02-17, 02:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Uberpimp
Corporal

I personally think the TR finally gets an unfair advantage because I know of something else with a slight advantage... *cough* noobhammer *cough* but hey we need some way to royally piss of people because if the NC only did it we'd of united and killed it by now..... so basically what I'm sayin' is and stop

" 'tis better to reign in hell than to serve in heaven"

You know they call cigarrettes in England ****? Well, some one tell that cigarrette to shutup!
Old 2004-02-17, 02:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
TheN00b
Colonel

O no, what Madcow said is completely correct... And also completely stupid on the part of the Devs, which is surprising. Sure, it's an AV MAX now, which means that the AI damage has probably been halved. But why in the name of flying fuck didn't the Devs consider what will happen to Tower battles now? Just pictures a squad of Pounders and Engineers defending a tower by sitting at the very top and raining fire down on the ground floor entrances. Or on the short towers, god forbid this ever happen, Pounders can drop on the roof, have someone hack the door, and pour fire all the way from there into the enemy spawn room! The Devs need to change this one quick.
Old 2004-02-17, 02:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
JakeLogan
Major

GO DEVS Oh and if you read one of my recent threads. http://www.planetside-universe.com/f...ad.php?t=19679

You will find out that in any sort of close range combat the pounder is more likely to take out itself then the enemy. and now thats its AV its armor is gone in a matter of seconds in close range blast.

Last edited by JakeLogan; 2004-02-17 at 02:48 PM.
Old 2004-02-17, 02:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Krinsath
Sergeant Major

In the Devs defense, the current Pounder is back to it's pre-BP fire rate, so it won't be able to lay down the firestorms of fire that it does on Live current. I agree that it's silly to leave it in there, but between RoF and the lowered AI damage I don't think the situation will be any worse than showing up in a spawn room to see a Falcon staring you in the face.
Old 2004-02-17, 02:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

Yes, but now you bring in the fact that its twice as hard to kill infantry and u cant see all the grief your going to get if your on the top floor spamming nades all the way down.

Its more of a burden then a blessing. If you got the balls to spam down 5 flights of stairs, not knowing how many friendlies there are on each floor, more power to you. More weapons lock for inconsiderate assholes.
Old 2004-02-17, 02:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

I think anybody spamming the grenades down the stairs will get weapons lock so fast it won't really matter. With audio amp and the current 3 second delay you can do a pretty fine job of avoiding friendlies and dusting enemies as they come up the stairs. Not having a concrete idea of where the grenades might end up will change that completely. You could propel those things past the 3 enemy coming up the stairs and blow up the 2 friendlies pursuing them.
Old 2004-02-17, 02:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
TheN00b
Colonel

Yes it will. The Falcon in your face is an entirely different proposition than a far away enemy lobbing tons of grenades into your face (Keep in mind that the Pounders would be spiked). Huh, the Pounder kinda reminds me of the Flail right about now...
Old 2004-02-17, 02:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Kick me in the balls but I don't agree with making TR the uber empire to vindicate them for having the weakest equipment for months. TR wants a fair fight. That's all. We didn't grant the VS and NC the right to form their own political allegiances for no reason; we wanted to show that the Terran Republic is an empire that even the most wayward of lambs can flock to.

Give us your purple, your smurfs, your zergling masses yearning to spawn free.

The Terran Republic will govern them.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2004-02-17, 03:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

I think the 3second timer things with the super speed granades is cool and represents something that cna be suefull but relay doen't do much.

I was having tons of fun boucing the nades off of hill in the VR onto planes

The AI damage on the pounder is horrible now, and its nealy impossible to aim right to get them to bounce down all the stairs the right way.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.

Last edited by Rbstr; 2004-02-17 at 03:20 PM.
Old 2004-02-17, 03:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Vis Armata
Contributor
Sergeant Major

No worries. There are ways around bouncing AV grenades.
Old 2004-02-17, 03:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
TheRagingGerbil
Contributor
Major

Just hang out for a few minutes, then when they are out of ammo go up and blast them hell.
Old 2004-02-17, 04:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

I think anybody spamming the grenades down the stairs will get weapons lock so fast it won't really matter
Bingo
Old 2004-02-17, 04:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Jagd
Major

Let alone getting the angle right. Come on people, this is mass hysteria.

Actually, I'll take it a step further. Provide me with video proof that this can be used to shoot grenades from the top floor of a watch tower and all the way to the spawn room, and I'll give you $20. Seriously.

Offer ends this Friday, so get your shit together if you want the money.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion