VS Armour - Magrider and Harasser. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: This is not a drill.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-06-29, 04:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Xaine
Major

VS Armour - Magrider and Harasser.

I've just returned to the game after a period of inactivity and I'm interested in what you guys think about the VS Armour.

Myself and a friend play in a Magrider most of the time, with myself gunning.

The new Sauron is good, its worse than the old one but it did need a nerf on its ability to project damage at obscene range.

The Proton I still find to be very ineffective? I don't know if its just me.

What are the general opinions about the VS options for the second gun?
Old 2013-06-29, 04:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
KarrdeBRBU
Corporal

Re: VS Armour - Magrider and Harasser.

If you're not using the Saron, you're just being silly. It's a better AI gun than the PPA. One could make an arguement for the pure AV gun though.
Old 2013-06-29, 11:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

The PPA is a great suppressor, and a good tower siege weapon. I'd still take the Saron in almost every conceivable circumstance. Point, Click, Alpha is hard to beat.

A far more interesting question is "is the Harasser a better Saron platform than the Mag?"

Last edited by maradine; 2013-06-29 at 11:45 PM.
Old 2013-06-30, 12:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Chewy
Major

Originally Posted by maradine View Post
The PPA is a great suppressor, and a good tower siege weapon. I'd still take the Saron in almost every conceivable circumstance. Point, Click, Alpha is hard to beat.

A far more interesting question is "is the Harasser a better Saron platform than the Mag?"
Well Iv been told that a maxed out comp armor Harasser has more effective health than a Lightning. So a fast with turbo vehicle that is tougher than a tank and has one of if not the greatest AV/AI weapon sounds rather good to be. More so when the driver can focus on not getting killed while the gunner can not only use a weapon but kinda repair if no one is in the back seat, and there's the MAX factor to think of.

Debatable. Harassers have the speed and focused teams, Magriders have more raw power and don't jump with every bump.
Old 2013-06-30, 04:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Timealude
Captain

To be honest, I like the new saron better then the old one.
Old 2013-06-30, 11:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
velleity
Corporal

the magrider is the worst combat vehicle in the game. low dps, low armor, a wonky hitbox which shows its sides to the front, slow and generally a pig all around.

use a harasser with comp 5 and maxed scrapper with a saron or fury. when those get nerfed again just run people over. harassers also don't set off mines for some reason. last, one million invisible mana turrets will make your tanking a nightmare. 999,999 are too terrible to be able to hit a harasser.

there are so many counters to tanks, the only tank really worth pulling is a prowler because its
a stand off distance farm machine with by far the best aa/av/ai.
Even the prowler probably gives it driver fits because even granny can kill it with her cane.

The harasser is the best tank the vs have atm.

Last edited by velleity; 2013-06-30 at 11:47 PM.
Old 2013-07-01, 02:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
MrEclectic
Private

Originally Posted by velleity View Post
the magrider is the worst combat vehicle in the game. low dps, low armor, a wonky hitbox which shows its sides to the front, slow and generally a pig all around.

use a harasser with comp 5 and maxed scrapper with a saron or fury. when those get nerfed again just run people over. harassers also don't set off mines for some reason. last, one million invisible mana turrets will make your tanking a nightmare. 999,999 are too terrible to be able to hit a harasser.

there are so many counters to tanks, the only tank really worth pulling is a prowler because its
a stand off distance farm machine with by far the best aa/av/ai.
Even the prowler probably gives it driver fits because even granny can kill it with her cane.

The harasser is the best tank the vs have atm.
The infuriating bit with the current situation is that the Harasser is a better Magrider than the Magrider ever was. Superiour mobility and a longer afterburner, while the latter was supposed to be the VS MBT special ability. And after the transformation of the Saron to SaronJr, the Harasser is the better Saron platform, more suited to the weapon.
Old 2013-07-01, 06:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Emperor Newt
Second Lieutenant

And don't get me started on how useless the Lightning feels compared to a Harasser... at least all factions have that problem.
Old 2013-07-01, 06:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Qwan
Captain

Actually its situational, the Salron in tank battles, but it also makes a good AI gun now, and the PPv is really good for splash damage when camping spawn boxes, or as some like refer as cert piñatas.
Old 2013-07-01, 09:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

With the Sauron no longer single-shotting infantry the PPA is definitely the better AI weapon. Huge clip, splash damage, nobody seems to wear flack armor.

You can take it on a Mag because you've got AV power already with the main gun.
On the Harasser, you have to have good friendly AV coverage to put a PPA on top or you're asking to bump into an enemy harasser that'll just roll you, let alone a tank.

Originally Posted by maradine View Post
And the answer is "absolutely not".
I'm an avid driver of both but the Mag's cannon gives it so much more firepower there's no contest. There's a big additive effect when you can bring both guns to bare on an enemy.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2013-07-01, 11:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Rbstr View Post
And the answer is "absolutely not".
It's nice that you have a strong opinion about it, but I don't think it's as black and white as that. If I had my heart set on spending some time as a Saron gunner, I'd rather be on the top of the buggy. This is played out in our outfit on a weekly basis - where 6 used to be a trio of Mags, 6 is now a trio of harassers. Can three Harassers put out more damage than three Mags? Of course not. But that wasn't the question, in word or spirit.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion