Do we know the pros/cons/specialties of the three sides yet? - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Home of Hamma and the PSU Thong.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-03-02, 01:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Dravz
Corporal

Ok, thank you for all the replies.

From this, I've pretty much gathered the following pros/cons of the three sides:

Vanu = high agility, high accuracy, low armor, moderate damage

NC = low agility, moderate accuracy, high armor, high damage

TR = moderate agility, low accuracy, moderate/high armor, moderate damage (but very fast)

And if I had to label specialties, I'd label them as follows:

Vanu = maneuverability

NC = big shots

TR = rate of fire

Something like that?
Old 2003-03-02, 02:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Streamline
Second Lieutenant

I read the discriptions again and i may be very wrong about the Burster.

Burster (anti-aircraft)
Dual "flak cannons" that shoot rapidly at locked targets. The "lock" merely pre-programs the shells to burst at a specific altitude (the altitude of the locked target), but the aim requires human control. The weapon is effective because it allows you to saturate an air corridor with detonating bursts.
Dual "flak cannons" that shoot rapidly at locked targets.

At first, i interperated this as it can only fire while locked. But it says:

The "lock" merely pre-programs the shells to burst at a specific altitude (the altitude of the locked target), but the aim requires human control.

And they don't elaborate on it any more. I would think that you could fire this "not locked" but the shells would only blow up if they where to direct hit, or reach its maximum range, or even just shot the ground.

My origanal thought is that there is little to no risk in injury to team8s. And there is no defense for it vs. infantry. However, if the Burster can dumbfire. It would be devistating to enemy infantry. Giving it more versitility as a AA platform.

Further more, any TR MAX can choose not to spike. Spiking only increases your rate of fire at the cost of all movement. Mastery of the TR MAX will be about short burst fire and picking your spot.

Expect to see an evolution of spike points particularly for defense in the TR MAX community.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion