Got tank? - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Boy I hope this quote gets approved.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-01-09, 07:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
SKYeXile
Major General

Re: Got tank?

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
Hmm. Those pea shooter (AI) machine guns on the Van and Prowly don't really say "man me!", do they? >.>

Higby, it looks great visually, but PLEASE just give them all a main gunner, not some sidekick and just give the peashooter to the driver if you really want them to gun something.

Make crews equals!
The 50 cal in BF3 games is a killibng machine. its got a much better traverse spped for easy tracking and switching targets and its DPS i much higher, granted it has no slash like the main derp gun, but for killfarming, the machine gun is better.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-01-09, 08:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by IDukeNukeml View Post
This man plays world of tanks.

Also, that biome was not one shown much so far. Kudos evilpig, you BFR raping sob.
Prowler = T54
Vanguard = Maus
Magrider = M3 lee

SKYeXile TRF - GM
Old 2012-01-09, 08:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
BorisBlade
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by acosmo View Post
you'll see me in a tiny prowler doding shells and rockets (fastest, and smallest mbt in ps2) driving dirty and haters gonna hate.
Watch it be like ps1, the tank speed difference was 3mph (5kph), it was completely worthless (and pointless) to be the fastest, i doubt its gonna be much different, atleast enough to matter, or else you get into light tank/deliverer speed or buggy speed territory. I know it sounds good to call em the fastest tank but in reality it doesnt matter in the least in a real fight without the difference being at very least 20 mph (30 kph) with massively superior acceleration and maneuverability, and you wont see that big of a difference between vehicles in the same class.

Honestly the VS' hover maneuvering will prob be much more of an advantage in a real fight than the very minor speed boost you'd get in a prowler. That maneuverability is all that allowed the magrider to feel more maneuverable and speedy, not the actual speed difference. The actual speed increase itself over the vanguard is only 3mph, it just feels faster due to the hover action.
Waiting for the return of the superior, real PS style teamwork oriented vehicles with drivers not gunning, and in fixed vehicle slots so we can once again have real, epic, vehicle battles where the tanks actually move in combat rather than a silly 1700's era line up and shoot.
Old 2012-01-09, 09:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by BorisBlade View Post
Watch it be like ps1, the tank speed difference was 3mph (5kph), it was completely worthless (and pointless) to be the fastest, i doubt its gonna be much different, atleast enough to matter, or else you get into light tank/deliverer speed or buggy speed territory. I know it sounds good to call em the fastest tank but in reality it doesnt matter in the least in a real fight without the difference being at very least 20 mph (30 kph) with massively superior acceleration and maneuverability, and you wont see that big of a difference between vehicles in the same class.

Honestly the VS' hover maneuvering will prob be much more of an advantage in a real fight than the very minor speed boost you'd get in a prowler. That maneuverability is all that allowed the magrider to feel more maneuverable and speedy, not the actual speed difference. The actual speed increase itself over the vanguard is only 3mph, it just feels faster due to the hover action.
with planetside 2 having a full physics system its likly that all their accelrations and terrain traverse speeds will vary greatly.

I hope tank fighting is more like planetside or world of tanks though and not like BF3, the sitback slugfest is pretty boring. brawling is fun.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
Old 2012-01-09, 09:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Vanir
Staff Sergeant

The new prowler deffinatly reminds me of the tanks from the movie Tron.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA4HxTAJngc
Old 2012-01-09, 09:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Johari
Staff Sergeant

Actually, disregarding the actually tanks, look at the structure in the background. Looks like atleast 3 landing pads on somekind of tower.

Planetside 2 *squints eyes* v0.0.1217.42457 looks great. Just to reiterate, whens beta again?
Old 2012-01-09, 09:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Johari View Post
Actually, disregarding the actually tanks, look at the structure in the background. Looks like atleast 3 landing pads on somekind of tower.

Planetside 2 *squints eyes* v0.0.1217.42457 looks great. Just to reiterate, whens beta again?
Im pretty sure thats an air tower it looks simialr to another tower we have seen that we were told was an airtower. the veiw we were looking at that fromwas above though, but i think it could be the same tower...since it has the landing pads and all, you know.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
Old 2012-01-10, 01:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
CutterJohn
Colonel

lookin good. And guys, I'm sure the gunner weapons will be suitably strong. You'll well remember that size of a gun was absolutely no indication of its efficacy in PS1. Sure, the driver turret may be a bit sexier, but those gunner turrets are going to rocking peoples worlds as well.

There will still be plenty of reasons to have them filled up.
Old 2012-01-10, 01:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
CrystalViolet
First Lieutenant

Hey, I got tanked tonight! Not sure why that needs to be posted... #drunkposting
Old 2012-01-10, 08:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
BlazingSun
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
The 50 cal in BF3 games is a killibng machine. its got a much better traverse spped for easy tracking and switching targets and its DPS i much higher, granted it has no slash like the main derp gun, but for killfarming, the machine gun is better.
Better than what? Have you unlocked the shotgun for the tank yet? 1000 tungsten balls in your face!

As I have mentioned somewhere else, I think the additional gunner should be required, if the tank wants to properly defend himself against Infantry or aircrafts.

Last edited by BlazingSun; 2012-01-10 at 08:34 AM.
Old 2012-01-10, 11:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
lookin good. And guys, I'm sure the gunner weapons will be suitably strong. You'll well remember that size of a gun was absolutely no indication of its efficacy in PS1. Sure, the driver turret may be a bit sexier, but those gunner turrets are going to rocking peoples worlds as well.

There will still be plenty of reasons to have them filled up.
If you notice, the ones that are complaining about the gun itself are the same people that are hardset against the pilot controlling the main gun. This is just another avenue for them to complain about that. But I'll leave it at that because we already have enough threads on that topic.

Old 2012-01-10, 11:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
acosmo
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
If you notice, the ones that are complaining about the gun itself are the same people that are hardset against the pilot controlling the main gun. This is just another avenue for them to complain about that. But I'll leave it at that because we already have enough threads on that topic.
theres nothing we can do about it, anyways. soe has decided on it and has really said nothing to defend it other than attack the ps1 method as an outmoded paradigm
Old 2012-01-10, 03:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
I'd rather not see a gun for a driver at all. Or one that is locked in a frontal direction like a Bassilisks than any gun. Hope it's not a set deal, but anything is better than having them gun the big gun.
Old 2012-01-10, 03:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by BlazingSun View Post
Better than what? Have you unlocked the shotgun for the tank yet? 1000 tungsten balls in your face!

As I have mentioned somewhere else, I think the additional gunner should be required, if the tank wants to properly defend himself against Infantry or aircrafts.
for kills, the 50 cal is better than the main gun.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
Old 2012-01-10, 03:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
PoisonTaco
First Sergeant

The tanks remind me a lot of Battlefield 2142. At least how one side had the traditional tank and the other had the hovering tank.

Looks really neat, and I'm liking how there's going to be differences like this between the three factions. Hopefully it balances out.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion