Improvement: New Medic Ideas - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: where planes dont have in-flight movies.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-05-13, 07:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Toppopia
Major

Lightbulb New Medic Ideas

Sorry if any of this has already been mentioned or confirmed but i have an idea or two about medics.

1) Medics can choose a cert where when they revive or heal people, they get a syringe added to their inventory so that soldier can heal a small amount of health. (Syringe would be nanites which find breaches in the skin/armor and patch it up).

2) Medics actually have to interact with people to heal them, or maybe the people interact with the med box and get healed, just something so that being healed isn't something that magically happens when you are within 5 metres of a box.

3) (More of a plea than an idea)
Please don't be like Battlefield 3 where you get revived and have the option of choosing, don't allow is to be killed before we have even chosen and option, because i hated that about BF3 because i would have to mash the A button to jump up as soon as possible before i got insta killed from 1 bullet hitting me while lying down.

(If that confused people, i mean make it so i can't be killed until i press the "Accept Revive" button before i can be killed, so that i can't die before i am even off the ground.)

Last edited by Toppopia; 2012-05-13 at 07:43 PM.
Old 2012-05-13, 09:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Purple
Sergeant Major

Re: New Medic Ideas

Originally Posted by Toppopia View Post
Sorry if any of this has already been mentioned or confirmed but i have an idea or two about medics.

1) Medics can choose a cert where when they revive or heal people, they get a syringe added to their inventory so that soldier can heal a small amount of health. (Syringe would be nanites which find breaches in the skin/armor and patch it up).

2) Medics actually have to interact with people to heal them, or maybe the people interact with the med box and get healed, just something so that being healed isn't something that magically happens when you are within 5 metres of a box.

3) (More of a plea than an idea)
Please don't be like Battlefield 3 where you get revived and have the option of choosing, don't allow is to be killed before we have even chosen and option, because i hated that about BF3 because i would have to mash the A button to jump up as soon as possible before i got insta killed from 1 bullet hitting me while lying down.

(If that confused people, i mean make it so i can't be killed until i press the "Accept Revive" button before i can be killed, so that i can't die before i am even off the ground.)
if you have to accept revive then the issue will be a medic revives a squad but they stay down until the other empire is past or on top of them to rez.
Old 2012-05-13, 11:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Toppopia
Major

Originally Posted by Purple View Post
if you have to accept revive then the issue will be a medic revives a squad but they stay down until the other empire is past or on top of them to rez.
Or have a time limit from being given a rez to being forced to accept, as in after maybe 30 seconds of not pressing accept, you automatically accept, or decline, might depend on whether an option has been toggled in the settings so that being afk won't get you killed 5 times in a row.
Old 2012-05-14, 01:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Noivad
Master Sergeant

Ps 1 we just went up to a guy down and revived them up, with a medic tool, so long as they did not tap out, a medic could do it.

To make it more interesing for medic types, though, a system similar to America's Army, would be cool so the medic has to pick the right type of medical assistance to get the person up. Some medics were good at it some sucked, but they were more involved with it. this probally posted somewhere else
Old 2012-05-14, 04:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
MacXXcaM
Contributor
First Sergeant

Reviving shouldn't be too powerful like it is in BF3. It should take its time imo.

Plus, I want reviving animations, not just click and go on. Make it more like in ArmA: Medics have to be secured while doing their jobs.
Old 2012-05-15, 10:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Immigrant
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Noivad View Post
To make it more interesing for medic types, though, a system similar to America's Army, would be cool so the medic has to pick the right type of medical assistance to get the person up.
Sounds interesting, could you explain did that system work further? I haven't played that game.
Old 2012-05-15, 06:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Gonefshn
Contributor
Major

Your first idea about the syringes is cool but I'd rather have it implemented in a different way. If there is something like that I would want it to be used similarly to the med kits in Planetside 1. Any class can carry them, it's a one time use and discard small heal that returns 30-50% health. That way any player has some ability to regain lost health if they need to and have no medic, but can't do it over and over.

I think the medics rez needs to have a loading bar also, like some people said before. make it work so that when people are killed you cant just run to the frontline into enemy fire, dive onto a friendly and revive them. It should be difficult to rez anyone unless your front line moves forward and you have decent cover to do it.
Old 2012-05-16, 08:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

In PS1, everyone had a Med App, one man armies were all the rage.

In PS2, proper medics should be the fastest way to heal and the only way to 'battle rez'. Non medics should only be able to carry an emergency first aid kit.

One thing I really hope SOE doesn't overlook is the need for medics to be non homogeneous. We need medics to be able to move with a variety of infantry units, including jump jet troops.
Old 2012-05-16, 10:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
One thing I really hope SOE doesn't overlook is the need for medics to be non homogeneous. We need medics to be able to move with a variety of infantry units, including jump jet troops.
That's an interesting point. An argument could be made that Light Assault troops attacking from odd angles just have to risk not being able to be resurrected, but that's probably a pretty weak argument. It isn't like the problem of jump jetting MAXes which would totally screw with the balance of firepower, and any medic that had a jump pack would obviously need lighter armor to go along with it.

Obviously the same doesn't hold true for engi's, and would therefore bypass the issues of engi's easily building deployables in all sorts of strange locations. Still possible through hot drops, but not as easy.

Heavy Assault obviously refers to a class, and that class seems to be tied to the heavy armor, but it wouldn't seem that bad of an idea to have some heavy duty armor for a medic as well.

Maybe the heavy medic armor isn't quite as good as the HA armor, and maybe the medics jump pack takes longer to recharge meaning that they can follow LA, but can't maneuver as easily as them.
Old 2012-05-16, 11:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Medic armor doesn't need to be weaker actually, just limit them to a PDW, something not overpowering for a healer.
Old 2012-05-16, 02:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Senyu
First Lieutenant

Medics should have standard armor. And while ideally any military would like their medics be able to follow all troops like Jump Jet Infantry, I don't think they should for gameplay reasons. Jump Jet seems like front line or fast flanking assult group that screams suicide. They get to the lines quickly or manuever to hard to reach locations or drop ontop of defences. If there was to be some form of medic with them it shouldn't have the full capabilities as a full medic without jump jet.

On regards of new medic ideas here are mine

1:Spinning off on different type of healing per unit, medics should be able to specialize into different unit healing. Whether they are only allowed a few at a time or they can eventually learn it all is depending. Learn all would be considered a power bonus and would count to the 20%. But specializing would only allow a fewor one at a time so like, I can heal MAX's and Heavy Armor infantry better than light. But you can change it later so it allows sidegrades with more powerful effects that don't count to the 20%.

2: Difficulty on healing more injured targets. People that are only little hurt are easier to heal but the closer to death the harder it is. This would come in the form of some mini game I imagine. Like there is a bar and you control a little line that sweeps across the bar. When you land it in the health section you are able to heal them. The more health they have the larger the health section is. Would probably be a percentage so 50% health means out of the entire bar, only 50% is the health section. While 10% would be harder to hit.

Now it can be implmented as once you hit that health section you can continue to heal as normal. Or similar to a ER machine that records your pulse, it sends your controlling clicker across the entire bar and you must click each time on the health section. They will be healed regardless of you hitting it or not but if you do hit the health section it will heal faster. It will be slower if you don't hit health sections. And perks could be added that modifies this mini game such as the health section is bigger as if the person had 10% more health.

The key is the make healing interesting and allow more skillful players shine more than others. While not completly impeading on less skillful players making it not worth it unless your very good. So I think having them heal regardless at a certain rate and hitting health sections would increase the rate would be a good example. Of course most people will hit the health section when its at 40% of the bar or more but those really skilled players would be the ones who heal the playes below 40% much faster. While this paticular version of a mini game may not be the best idea to implement this but I think its in the right direction
Old 2012-05-16, 04:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Gonefshn
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
In PS1, everyone had a Med App, one man armies were all the rage.

In PS2, proper medics should be the fastest way to heal and the only way to 'battle rez'. Non medics should only be able to carry an emergency first aid kit.

I agree with all of this besides the jump jet troops option. I feel like using the jump jets should come with the trade-off of putting yourself out in danger. You want to take a more tactical position it should come with the added danger of leaving behind your support team. Also, thats why I think something akin to the PS1 one time use medkit needs to be available to people who want it as a sidegrade.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault