PSU: Now available: Tickle-Me-Hamma
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

Old 2003-04-21, 12:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
SpaceDrake
Master Sergeant

Question Altec Lansing = teh suck?

A good while ago, my Altec Lansing speakers gave out on me after not even a year of use, and from what I've been hearing from friends that was to be expected. However, moi parents (who got the 2.1 speaker system as a Christmas gift in 2001) are saying that they'd never "buy crap." (At least my mom says so. ) I just want to verify: Altec Lansing is generally crap, yes?

(And yes, I did mean to say "teh" suck. They're don't just suck, they're not just the suck. By my estimation they are TEH suck. This is all about justifying the expense of a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, by the way. As it stands the mother is threatening to send the thing back to Newegg even if I finally get off my lazy ass and get a job to pay back the $60 this summer.)
Old 2003-04-21, 12:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
OmnipotentKiwi
Lieutenant Colonel

I generally like Altec Lansing, but there are definitely better brands. (And those new speakers they have out... the black and green ugly ass ones that sound like crap, those are "teh suck").

If you just want expensive, high quality sound, I've always been a Klipsch Audiophile.
Old 2003-04-21, 12:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
SpaceDrake
Master Sergeant

Well, DUR Klipsch is the ownage. But they are "lower tier", I assume? (I also assume the Creative Labs speakers I have now are fairly decent? )
Old 2003-04-21, 12:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
OmnipotentKiwi
Lieutenant Colonel

Yeah, it really varies from speaker set to speaker set though. If you have Creative Labs though, you probably have a fairly good pair of speakers.
Old 2003-04-21, 11:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Cyanide
Major

No way dude. Altec Lansing owns. For the price they're the best PC speakers you can get. Of course Klipsch is better and so are the highend logitechs, but they also cost about twice as much. I've had my 4.1 Altec Lansing system for 3 years and they're still as good as new.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum