News: Totalbiscuit and Matt Higby Live Stream Discussion! - Page 10 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Wet and juicy.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-05-31, 07:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #136
Coreldan
Colonel

Re: Totalbiscuit and Matt Higby Live Stream TODAY!

Free look in vehicles looks nice, WTB TrackIR compatibility!

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2012-05-31, 07:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #137
RSphil
Contributor
Major

is looking epic inside the vehicles. loving the cockpits
Old 2012-05-31, 07:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #138
KALU
Master Sergeant

My twitch is twitchy im hoping PSU team will get the video up in 720p after the stream is done so i can view it without lag at work
Old 2012-05-31, 07:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #139
Bags
Lieutenant General

OSOK on infil/LA with sniper HS and ceritifcations
Old 2012-05-31, 07:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #140
Fuse
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
WTB TrackIR compatibility!
This, so many times. From what we've heard it doesn't sound like Higby has personal experience with it, but there have been so many people asking about it that I really hope it's something we see added post-launch.
Old 2012-05-31, 07:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #141
Stardouser
Colonel

Definitely worried about what Higby had to say about how he wants spec ops teams to fly over contested areas. That's not quite alarming by itself but I must say, Planetside 2's scale is supposed to give you an option to go around that(literally and figuratively). Definitely a worry.

Also, the presence of 1 hit kill rifles definitely brings elite quickscopers to mind.
Old 2012-05-31, 07:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #142
Fuse
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
Definitely worried about what Higby had to say about how he wants spec ops teams to fly over contested areas. That's not quite alarming by itself but I must say, Planetside 2's scale is supposed to give you an option to go around that(literally and figuratively). Definitely a worry.
Glad TB did ask about that. Can't say I like the sounds of you post, tho. Maybe in beta we can convince him to let us fly a few km off the coast. I don't want to be able to fly off the map and hide, I just want to be able to fly the coasts.
Old 2012-05-31, 07:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #143
Stardouser
Colonel

Originally Posted by Fuse View Post
Glad TB did ask about that. Can't say I like the sounds of you post, tho. Maybe in beta we can convince him to let us fly a few km off the coast. I don't want to be able to fly off the map and hide, I just want to be able to fly the coasts.
I do want to be fair, he didn't say anything IMMEDIATELY problematic, but I think it's something to be watched. I don't even know that we need to fly kilometers off the coast, 500m would be enough.
Old 2012-05-31, 07:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #144
SgtMAD
Captain

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post

Also, the presence of 1 hit kill rifles definitely brings elite quickscopers to mind.
you have got to be fucking kidding me

that flying over fights is the goddamn dumbest thing I have heard today(so far)
Old 2012-05-31, 07:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #145
Stardouser
Colonel

Hate restrictive boundaries! I am not looking to be forced into limited approach vectors.

Last edited by Stardouser; 2012-05-31 at 07:52 PM.
Old 2012-05-31, 07:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #146
duck
Sergeant

Major pts (for those who missed it)

- 10 minutes of gameplay = 1 cert point. Cert pts earned offline as well (not sure how that works)
- No need to restart certs, it's possible to get every cert in game
- To prevent "boosting" like in CoD, there is 24/7 game master actively looking for cheaters. In addition, each player has a cheater rating in the backend and repetitive action increases the cheater rating.
- XP accelerators in the cash store
- Resources from capturing towers/hexagons are used to purchase vehicles from terminals
- Even when you throw a grenade purchased from a weapon bay uses up resources
- There's a cooldown on MAXes and vehicles, like in PS1.
- Footage of Sunderer, Magrider, Prowler, Reaver and Scythe shown
- Can switch seats in vehicles without leaving vehicle
- No lodestar, no transportation of vehicles but some plan on mobile vehicle spawn points
- One customization of galaxy is a cloaking ability
- Resources are not general, they are specific for certain things. Your empire may have a resource in surplus of one thing, but lacking resources in one area.
- Currently, attachments on vehicles/weapons do not affect the resource consumption. This might change
- Outposts outside of main bases. Strategy to take these before you go for the base, because it gives you a spawn point and decreases time to capture the base
- 4km draw distance, 1000m max air height
- Out of bound region enforced unlike in PS1, main reason to prevent idlers on the edges of map near ocean.
- Difficult for a one-man show. The game prevents trolls who go in mosquitos and capture one base by himself by the hex-territory system, it takes forever to capture that base if surrounding hexes is not owned by your empire. However, the game welcomes outfits who may want to take a random base but it has to be organized
- Customization of design: No ridiculous designs like Hello Kitty. Camo patterns available (i.e. Zebra skin). These camos actually have functionality to them (White camo for Esamir continent (snowy))
- Two customizable weapons for MAX, one on the left and one on the right. Can both be anti-infantry if you want, mix-and-match
- No customizable feature to make you look like another empire color
- Silhouettes of each infantry unit, MAX, vehicles are very distinct from each empire
- No difference between male/female MAX suits
- Signature heavy assault weapons (i.e. Lasher, Chaingun) not yet in game
- Reaver for NC only, Mosquito for TR only, Scythe for VS only. Each has strengths/weaknesses
- No hijacking of vehicles (mainly due to customizations), but it possibly might be implemented in the future.
- Infiltrator cloaks are temporary. There are certs to increase this time, but the downside is that you can't equip bigger weapons. Cloak is essentially a camo, anyone can see outlines of the infiltrator.
- One shot-One kill rifles possible in this game, mostly possible against infiltrators/light assault units
- Bullet speeds enabled, bullets do drop as distance increases
- Continents aren't exclusive to one type of biome. One part of a continent can be desolate and arid, while another part can be grassy and tropical.
- Post launch: Weather will be added. i.e. Thunderstorms, and smoke from bases can affect visibility
- Air vehicle resupplies at air towers

Last edited by duck; 2012-05-31 at 07:34 PM.
Old 2012-05-31, 07:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #147
RSphil
Contributor
Major

cracking stream and a psu plug at the end. nice one TB
Old 2012-05-31, 07:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #148
Gogita
Master Sergeant

One problem that occurred in PS1 is the fact that BR40 players had access to all certs. Even though they could not gear up each item simultaneously, it still gave them arguably a too big of an advantage.
The fact that in PS2 players have to limit with regards to earning certs, is concerning to me. I'm worried that we are going to have jack-of-all-traits players in PS2 again...
Old 2012-05-31, 07:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #149
Fanglord
Sergeant

Dat engine, looks god damn beautiful.
Old 2012-05-31, 07:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #150
Top Sgt
Sergeant Major

game looks beautiful

Is alarming that they want you to mostly fly over combat areas which defeats the purpose of dropping spec ops teams behind enemy lines

Even tho i've been hard on biscuit.. he did a good job with this.....impressive.

I fraps recorded that gameplay and dayum 1 hr and 7 mins long footage wise wow

Last edited by Top Sgt; 2012-05-31 at 07:40 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion