What's your favorite "Planetside Moment" that wouldn't be possible currently in PS2? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We'll still be here after you hit the refresh buttom.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-09, 12:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Greeniegriz
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Misc Info
Re: What's your favorite "Planetside Moment" that wouldn't be possible currently in P

Everything will be possible... Don't you see?! Everything!! (exclude any memories referencing BFR's/PS1 only vehicles...)

Soon....

Cheers,

GG

PSU Folding Team - Join Today!
Don't follow me on Twitter
Old 2012-06-09, 12:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
SixShooter
Captain

Re: What's your favorite "Planetside Moment" that wouldn't be possible currently in P

Spending 15 min (or more) in sanc gathering for a massive raid. Doing it from within a warp gate will just not be the same.

Old 2012-06-09, 12:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
FPClark
Staff Sergeant

Reaver raid night...Guess its scythe raid night now...
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-09, 12:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

World lock.
Old 2012-06-09, 12:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Zekeen
Major

I'm gonna miss those old base layouts, and even miss how hard it was for us in those bases, dodging to the side of a narrow passageway, only surviving cause of the low accuracy of all the guns.
Old 2012-06-09, 12:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Zebasiz
Corporal

I sign in for the first time and step into the world. I wonder what to do and let the HART shuttle drop me off at the first battle I see.
I fall in amidst several other pods into the middle of the largest engagement I had seen at the time. So many people fighting! @.@
Nothing will top that first sight of the size of combat.
And now that I've already been through it and am ready for this game, I won't get to have the same awe as I did that first time.
Old 2012-06-09, 01:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Sirisian
Colonel

Originally Posted by Greeniegriz View Post
Everything will be possible... Don't you see?! Everything!! (exclude any memories referencing BFR's/PS1 only vehicles...)

Soon....
I think this sums it up. I think we'll be seeing a lot of stuff being added and tested as the game evolves. I can't think of anything I'll personally miss that isn't already in the new game. There's just a lot of stuff I'd still like to see added that never got added to the first.
Old 2012-06-09, 01:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
ThermalReaper
First Sergeant

My favorite planetside moment that wouldn't be currently possible in planetside 2 is being able to play.

/thread

10/10 for being a smarty pants.
Old 2012-06-09, 01:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Bravix
Sergeant Major

Playing VS, gal drop on TR base, gen drop. A minute later NC hop into the gen room and after many 'Cease Fire' we join forces for ultimate trolololol against TR.
Old 2012-06-09, 01:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
QuantumMechanic
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Seeing all of these guys in Rexo armor with MASSIVE heavy and anti-vehicle weapons strapped upon their backs. (unslung weapons aren't visible in PS2)

Admiring myself as one of them. (no more 3rd person POV)
Old 2012-06-09, 02:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
cellinaire
Captain

The Rending...praps?

/giggle
Old 2012-06-09, 02:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Xaine
Major

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
entranching with a whole squad in a backland base genroom, dropping the thing and fighting to the last bullet and drop of medjuice to hold it down against waves of incoming enemys.
This.

More than anything else, this.

People sharing ammo because you're all running out, people frantically repairing your MAXs, watching the thumper rounds fly through the door, watching them blow up a few feet from you .

Good times.
Old 2012-06-09, 02:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
Shade Millith
First Sergeant

Base is getting overrun, and the call goes out for a gen hold.

We all pile into the room, we've got at least 25 infantry and 5 maxs. People are sharing ammunition, juice, medpacks, grenades. The MAXs are half filled with rifle ammo and juice. Medics are reviving and repairing and supporting.

And we hold that thing for 20 damn minutes. We only got over run because we finally ran out of ammo.

That kind of REAL team work means more to me than some guy spawning free ammo without a single thought. Giving ammo will be a completely meh thing now.

We made sure our shots counted, and no one knew anyone else, but we worked like an actual team.
Old 2012-06-09, 06:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
Spoof
Corporal

Scavenging.

Surviving longer than one should as medium assault on the battlefield; salvaging ammo, weapons and jammers from the fallen - staying alive while chaos erupted all around you.
Old 2012-06-09, 06:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
QuantumMechanic
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Spoof View Post
Scavenging.

Surviving longer than one should as medium assault on the battlefield; salvaging ammo, weapons and jammers from the fallen - staying alive while chaos erupted all around you.
This too has been a favorite passtime of mine since counter-strike. And it was all the more exciting in PS1 because you'd go from backpack to backpack, usually finding nothing but a REK or some grenade you don't want or health kits you don't need. And then finally - paydirt! Some bloke died with a lasher still on 'em... but no extra ammo boxes. Must use the charges remaining in the gun wisely!

This definately brings an additional level of gameplay to those who have already done everything and are looking for more of a challenge. Plus it's always fun to show off how good you are (or arent) with other faction's weaponry.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion