Road Kill! ;) - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma for Jesus 2012
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-06-08, 02:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Red Beard
Second Lieutenant

Road Kill! ;)

I am watching the live feed from day one and noticed there wasn't any sound that happened when a max was run down. I think it would be worth while to make some sound effects specifically for that, as I think it it's one of those 'planetside moments' that would be exponentially better with a 'crash, crash, crumple, crumple' when running over a Max, and a couple 'kerthump, kerthump's when running over softies, lol.

I suspect it wouldn't take a ton of time and would be well worth the effort in terms of game play...Those noises would be the lightning rod for the building anticipation you feel as you'e chasing down some helpless pedestrians!

Also, while we're on the subject of road kill; add the Sunderer's 'teeth' from PS1 back in as a cosmetic option in the store!
Old 2012-06-08, 02:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Revelator
Private

Misc Info
Re: Road Kill! ;)

Keep watching, wait till you see what a drop pod can do to a galaxy
Old 2012-06-08, 02:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Sabot
Second Lieutenant

It was actually a liberator I think... but it was awesoooome x infinity!
Old 2012-06-08, 02:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Zekeen
Major

Yeah sound is needed, otherwise that mag that just ran down bob will be coming for me next more silent than an infiltrator.

I think the Sunderer teeth should NOT be cosmetic, it needs to be a RAMMING MOD!!!

I hope we don't get the PS1 run over nerf for PS2. I used to love mowing down troops in PS1 until the nerf made you slow down on impact with a player. You generally only got one mow down kill... yet still, I managed to murder entire squads with a wraith, unarmed ATV. For the record, 2 roadkills, then you had to get another / repair. Took so much damage on it... I loved it all!
Old 2012-06-08, 02:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Vetto
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Revelator View Post
Keep watching, wait till you see what a drop pod can do to a galaxy
Do you know the time stamp and video for that?
Old 2012-06-08, 02:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Red Beard
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Zekeen View Post
Yeah sound is needed, otherwise that mag that just ran down bob will be coming for me next more silent than an infiltrator.

I think the Sunderer teeth should NOT be cosmetic, it needs to be a RAMMING MOD!!!

I hope we don't get the PS1 run over nerf for PS2. I used to love mowing down troops in PS1 until the nerf made you slow down on impact with a player. You generally only got one mow down kill... yet still, I managed to murder entire squads with a wraith, unarmed ATV. For the record, 2 roadkills, then you had to get another / repair. Took so much damage on it... I loved it all!
I didn't know they nerfed it...that's pretty lame; they shoud have maybe just nerfed the smaller vehicles and the rest just make sure they had loud engines so it was your own fault for playing dubstep instead of in game music!

Sorry, sorry...I know; there was no Dubstep back then...lol
Old 2012-06-08, 02:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Red Beard
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Vetto View Post
Do you know the time stamp and video for that?
About 7:45, Day 1, Part 2
Old 2012-06-08, 02:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
lMABl
Master Sergeant

How about a nice crunching sound when you run over someone with the prowler or vanguard.
Old 2012-06-08, 02:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Red Beard
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by lMABl View Post
How about a nice crunching sound when you run over someone with the prowler or vanguard.
That's what I mean; something that grabs your attention a little bit...Something that satisfies those with road rage; something that makes the faint of heart want to crawl into a corner, hug their knees and shudder, lol.
Old 2012-06-08, 02:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
lMABl
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Red Beard View Post
That's what I mean; something that grabs your attention a little bit...Something that satisfies those with road rage; something that makes the faint of heart want to crawl into a corner, hug their knees and shudder, lol.
Haha I'm feeling ya, but I have no clue what sound a magrider would make running over someone.
Old 2012-06-08, 02:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Red Beard
Second Lieutenant

Haha I'm feeling ya, but I have no clue what sound a magrider would make running over someone.
It could still have one thud when the softy hits the hood ornament, and then another when he hits the ground...As for the max, there's probably not enough clearance for it to fit underneath, so it would just get garbled/crumpled under there like when you swat a mosquito and then roll it away from the impact zone.
Old 2012-06-08, 03:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
lMABl
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Red Beard View Post
It could still have one thud when the softy hits the hood ornament, and then another when he hits the ground...As for the max, there's probably not enough clearance for it to fit underneath, so it would just get garbled/crumpled under there like when you swat a mosquito and then roll it away from the impact zone.
Lol, what would actually be a nice touch for the magrider is some windshield wipers to get all that NC and TR leftovers off so you can see clearly! I would pay for that! But in all seriousness it would be nice to have some sounds added, always great to have that audible confirmation.
Old 2012-06-08, 03:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Zekeen
Major

How bout a SCREAM?!
Old 2012-06-08, 03:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Red Beard
Second Lieutenant

How bout a SCREAM?!
Might be a little hard on the rating, lol.
Old 2012-06-08, 03:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
lMABl
Master Sergeant

How bout a SCREAM?!
There actually was a part in the stream where I heard some kind of scream, but I couldn't tell if it was in game or from outside the SOE booth.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion