Trick to getting key from Twitter? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Why doesn't anyone like Vanu? Oh yeah, now I remember.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2012-07-20, 02:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Joomba
Corporal

Trick to getting key from Twitter?

Hi all,

I have been tweeting them for about a week now, and they've responded to some of my tweets asking for keys but have not been given a key :/

Does anyone have any tips for actually getting a key from them via twitter?

It's really frustrating!
Old 2012-07-20, 03:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Burnadus
Private

Re: Trick to getting key from Twitter?

Well. You can follow at least:

https://twitter.com/planetside2
https://twitter.com/mhigby
https://twitter.com/PurrfectStorm
https://twitter.com/PS_TRay

These give away the keys by a tweet and Higby for example does epic give aways (100 in one time and he will be doing one again later in the afternoon !). You have to be quick for that.

I got a key by retweeting one of higby's give aways and one time I got a key just by responding to a question such as 'Do you like the new video?'. Also if you can't be creative with photoshop etc. be creative with your tweet! Also look around on PSU for some inspiration!

Last thing: I think it's also about having a bit of luck! Trick is to keep it going! Keep tweeting and retweeting and I'm sure you'll get a beta key Soon(er) TM or later! Good luck mate !
Old 2012-07-20, 03:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Trip
Corporal

Yesterday morning i decided i was going to get a key. i created a twitter account, looked up a dev list which i found on reddit, followed them all and just waited. i sat at my computer with twitter open on half my screen and the beta key authentication box on the other half of my screen. i read some of game of thrones book 2 with my monitor in my peripheral vision so i wouldnt miss anything. after about an hour maybe an hour and a half i had a key from @planetside2. dont be stingy with you replys and be quick with your fingers.
Old 2012-07-20, 04:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Joomba
Corporal

How many comments did you send? I'm somewhat concerned about spamming them
Old 2012-07-20, 06:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
soulsurfsublime
Corporal

Do a nice Photoshop picture and ask for a key works like a charm. I Photoshoped my face onto a Max unit were I was wearing a DC hat and they got a kick out of that. I did a few more while waiting for beta and they even asked if I needed a key on those I sent. I took the one for the max unit and gave it to a friend and declined the others.
Old 2012-07-20, 07:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Trip
Corporal

Originally Posted by Joomba View Post
How many comments did you send? I'm somewhat concerned about spamming them
four.
Old 2012-07-20, 08:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
haticK
First Sergeant

i got keys from tweeting random things and from answering their questions fast.
Old 2012-07-20, 09:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Anubiz
Private

Don't bother about spamming them. I sent 150 tweets over 7 hours and got it eventually.
Old 2012-07-20, 10:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
TAA
Staff Sergeant

1. Download Tweetdeck (a Chrome extension). It will give you updates on Tweets even faster than they seem to pop up on the Twitter site itself.
  2. Log into your Station account go to the section where you enter a code
  3. Have both Tweetdeck and the PS2 page open at the same time in different windows.
  4. Hit refresh every 30 seconds to prevent the Planetside2 website from logging you out.
  5. When a code is tweeted publicly enter it in immediately into the website and hit enter.

You could be begging for days. Instead you can just be fast about it.
Old 2012-07-20, 11:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
EnderGraff
Corporal

Fan art is the easiest way. My friends and I all got keys for art and/ or lame poems. I made one like this,

Tr is red, NC is blue
Pick one of the two,
and kill Vanu
Old 2012-07-22, 06:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Slavgaard
Private

Follow @mhigby he is always blasting out 50-100 keys....but he is up to 9k followers now.

I have got one for friends by a) asking in poetry b) getting video trivia right c) mhigby betakeyblast

got one for saying : @planetside2 NC need more to balance out all the others...give a key, save a world! #planetside2

Last edited by Slavgaard; 2012-07-22 at 06:34 PM.
Old 2012-07-22, 08:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
SFJake
Sergeant

Everytime someone does a key give away, I arrive on twitter 5 minutes after its over.

*biting my socks off*

Planetside2 tweets seems to require annoying amount of dedication to even get their attention.

I'm not a kid with days to spend on twitter for god's sakes.

Last edited by SFJake; 2012-07-22 at 08:40 PM.
Old 2012-07-23, 06:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
TheBladeRoden
Contributor
First Sergeant

I have my Trillian program connected to Twitter, so it makes popups whenever someone tweets, though it only refreshes about once a minute. But I managed to squeeze in a retweet on time when Higby did his lunch break giveaway today.
Old 2012-07-24, 12:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Rago
Contributor
First Lieutenant

I had 7 Keys so far, i gave the most of them to my Friends.All of those i gave away , i had from Twitter.
Sometime it takes a Week, sometimes it took 2 Minutes.The Best way imo is to do the
Question and Answer Game.
Old 2012-07-24, 11:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
SFJake
Sergeant

Originally Posted by TheBladeRoden View Post
I have my Trillian program connected to Twitter, so it makes popups whenever someone tweets, though it only refreshes about once a minute. But I managed to squeeze in a retweet on time when Higby did his lunch break giveaway today.
Bleh, I successfully got one with 2-3 different warning programs/websites to warn me when I get a tweet.

Ironically, I still got it an entire MINUTE late.

But Higby decided to send more than 100, he sent as many as he could until he reached his DM limit.

God bless him. <-< If he had not done that, I would not have got it.

I literally had the volume up all evening and was waiting with impatience until something happened. When it rang, its crazy how fast I jumped on that computer, forgetting about everything else.

Damn, I'm glad I didn't have to keep doing that for more than one day.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions