Everybody gets to drive everything? WTF? - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: No solicitors!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2012-08-30, 03:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Pvt Badger
Corporal

Re: Everybody gets to drive everything? WTF?

Originally Posted by andehh View Post
And slower, and more powerful and better protected (about to get a boost armour wise as well), and with the additional anti personnel machine gun, and more accurate.... the list goes on.

There is room in game for them both.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
More accurate? I dunno... I've shot infantry from a pretty decent distance. Plus a lightning is smaller making long range combat more difficult for an MBT.
Old 2012-08-30, 07:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Redshift
Major

Originally Posted by andehh View Post
And slower, and more powerful and better protected (about to get a boost armour wise as well), and with the additional anti personnel machine gun, and more accurate.... the list goes on.

There is room in game for them both.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Exactly, the mbts are better in every way except a little speed, which means the lightning is essentially pointless, we're missing different vehicles like the buggies and still have a redundant tank, making the mbt a driver/gunner vehicle gives it back its distinct role.
Old 2012-08-30, 11:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Pvt Badger
Corporal

Originally Posted by Redshift View Post
Exactly, the mbts are better in every way except a little speed, which means the lightning is essentially pointless, we're missing different vehicles like the buggies and still have a redundant tank, making the mbt a driver/gunner vehicle gives it back its distinct role.
Lightnings are fast and work best as a support to other tanks in flanking. It has already been said that armor is weakest in the back of a tank. Also consider a spearhead of tanks to absorb the brunt of an attack while the MBT's hit in the second wave. In the weakened state, the defenders will have fewer rounds and less armor meaning the MBT's can crush the defenders.
Old 2012-08-31, 04:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
Rago
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Of Course i want to drive and Fly everything , Thats the fun isnt it.
The Resources System is a Great Idea.I dont see any ned of a Change, with this.
Old 2012-08-31, 08:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
dustin
Private

ya sumthing not cool with leting every 1 hav every thing & yes i want to respek all redy u shod haf to put at lest 1 point into sumthing b4 u can uss it cuss nawe u got pepl ussing all the best stuff licke why even uss a ATV if u can get a tank willy nilly its rilly missing that thing wen pepl want to no wut u can do cus every 1 can just do everything and u no every 1 in a tank or jet is a engy i miss PS1 wen u can say im a engy medic with a AMS and pepl no u r speked for suport or a max stether haker with a ATV it mackes it u thing and no 1 can bug u to do stuff u dont want to do i dont licke the way thay lock u into a class and every 1 elss in that class is the same as u i dont mined that u have classes but dont block me frum being a medic engy if i want at the same time u class shod only lock u wep and armor and class abilty but not tool&items licke i wood give up my engys ACE truit for a med gun eney day let pepl custom thaer class if thay but points into the stuff thay licke if i but points into medic stuff i shod get to uss it on eney class sept maybe maxes ill give up my hand gun for a med tool on my engy i licke saying i can fix or heal eneything just licke in reallife no1 is just 1 thing we all got meny skills no1 is sheff & thats all thay can do i no real life trooper that r haker and engy at the same time its silly to think u can do 1 thing and that it

ya sumthing not cool with leting every 1 hav every thing & yes i want to respek all redy u shod haf to put at lest 1 point into sumthing b4 u can uss it cuss nawe u got pepl ussing all the best stuff licke why even uss a ATV if u can get a tank willy nilly its rilly missing that thing wen pepl want to no wut u can do cus every 1 can just do everything and u no every 1 in a tank or jet is a engy i miss PS1 wen u can say im a engy medic with a AMS and pepl no u r speked for suport or a max stether haker with a ATV it mackes it u thing and no 1 can bug u to do stuff u dont want to do i dont licke the way thay lock u into a class and every 1 elss in that class is the same as u i dont mined that u have classes but dont block me frum being a medic engy if i want at the same time u class shod only lock u wep and armor and class abilty but not tool&items licke i wood give up my engys ACE truit for a med gun eney day let pepl custom thaer class if thay but points into the stuff thay licke if i but points into medic stuff i shod get to uss it on eney class sept maybe maxes ill give up my hand gun for a med tool on my engy i licke saying i can fix or heal eneything just licke in reallife no1 is just 1 thing we all got meny skills no1 is sheff & thats all thay can do i no real life trooper that r haker and engy at the same time its silly to think u can do 1 thing and that it
Old 2012-08-31, 12:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Pvt Badger
Corporal

Originally Posted by dustin View Post

Can I get a translator and a dictionary?
Old 2012-09-01, 04:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
Gugabalog
Major

Yeah, we don't tolerate this on non-official forums.
Old 2012-09-01, 01:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
vVRedOctoberVv
First Lieutenant

I didn't like it much when I first heard of it, but having seen it in practice, it's really not that big a deal.

Anybody CAN do/be anything (more or less), but you rarely see people going out of their comfort zones. Tankers are almost always tankers, air jockeys always fly, MAX users are always MAX users, etc. I almost exclusively play as Light Assault now, with occasional forays into tanks or heavy infantry.

Anybody can pull a MAX, for example, but most the time, even when being one might be beneficial, people tend to stick to what they like or feel they're best with.

There are always exceptions, of course, but I don't see as it matters much. As others have brought out, you gain a lot of functionality by certing additionally into something, so people who like/want one thing, will tend to concentrate on it at a detriment to some of the other things.

@Dustin

TCDR (Too Confusing, Didn't Read)

Last edited by vVRedOctoberVv; 2012-09-01 at 01:34 PM.
Old 2012-09-02, 08:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
Redshift
Major

Originally Posted by Pvt Badger View Post
Also consider a spearhead of tanks to absorb the brunt of an attack while the MBT's hit in the second wave. In the weakened state, the defenders will have fewer rounds and less armor meaning the MBT's can crush the defenders.
Yea but then you'd just use MBT's for the spear head too... and you'd do more damage and take less casualties.

They essentailly fulfill the same roll atm. It's no where as distinct as it was in PS1, where you had a 1 man weaker tank or a two man tank that was stronger but required teamwork.
Old 2012-09-02, 09:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
Pvt Badger
Corporal

Yea but then you'd just use MBT's for the spear head too... and you'd do more damage and take less casualties.

They essentailly fulfill the same roll atm. It's no where as distinct as it was in PS1, where you had a 1 man weaker tank or a two man tank that was stronger but required teamwork.
Okay... look. Lightnings require 1 person to operate. In a full platoon of tanks, you can have 48 Lightnings fitted for specific roles or about 24 MBT's. The loss of one Lightning is half the pain of lossing a MBT. It's about massed numbers. More targets you have to face the worse off you are when defending. I play Tyranid in Warhammer 40K. I understand swarm tactics. Plus the Lightning is faster to spawn in than a MBT. Less armor is peanuts to blasting down a mass of infantry or tanks. And if you are good enough the Lightning can out-perform a MBT any day. It turns faster and shoots faster.

The 24 MBT's will have around 6 tanks dedicated to different roles than 12 Lightnings dedicated to the same roles. Again... NUMBERS!
Old 2012-09-02, 02:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Rago
Contributor
First Lieutenant

haaf of the muff is up in the puff, wich is teh Stuff,
teh wuff from the suff HAHAHA

You dont expect me to read that right ? Man at least you gave me a
Laugh from the buff.
Old 2012-09-02, 04:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Redshift
Major

Okay... look. Lightnings require 1 person to operate. In a full platoon of tanks, you can have 48 Lightnings fitted for specific roles or about 24 MBT's. The loss of one Lightning is half the pain of lossing a MBT. It's about massed numbers. More targets you have to face the worse off you are when defending. I play Tyranid in Warhammer 40K. I understand swarm tactics. Plus the Lightning is faster to spawn in than a MBT. Less armor is peanuts to blasting down a mass of infantry or tanks. And if you are good enough the Lightning can out-perform a MBT any day. It turns faster and shoots faster.

The 24 MBT's will have around 6 tanks dedicated to different roles than 12 Lightnings dedicated to the same roles. Again... NUMBERS!
Or.... you could have 48 prowlers without the shitty second gunner....... point is a 1 man prowler in this game is better than a lightning, in PS1 a 1 man prowler is useless.
Old 2012-09-03, 08:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
Pvt Badger
Corporal

Or.... you could have 48 prowlers without the shitty second gunner....... point is a 1 man prowler in this game is better than a lightning, in PS1 a 1 man prowler is useless.
Are we also not considering size in the equation? A prowler on flat ground is like hitting a building that can shoot back. The lightning is faster, cheaper, smaller, and more agile. If I were in a bomber, I'd target MBT's due to the sheer size and then go after the Lightnings. Now I'm not ignoring the benefit of MBT's I just can't see why you would prefer to have a sledgehammer when a crowbar would work just fine to open a box.
Old 2012-09-03, 11:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #59
Gugabalog
Major

Mercenary Mantra: "There is no such thing as overkill."
Old 2012-09-03, 04:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Redshift
Major

Now I'm not ignoring the benefit of MBT's I just can't see why you would prefer to have a sledgehammer when a crowbar would work just fine to open a box.
Sledgehammers can open several boxes at once.....

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions