Animations need a lot of work! - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Opinions Inside
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-05-20, 08:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
JHendy
First Sergeant

Re: Animations need a lot of work!

Originally Posted by SuperMorto View Post
Guys come on, don't be so retarded. Its Alpha footage, and its been stated. Try and find something constructive to talk about. And not moan about known issues that SOE will be completely be aware of.

Your better than that.
His post seems fairly constructive to me, and he made it clear that he wasn't whining for the sake of it. How do we know that the running animations aren't final?

I'm hoping that a lot of the animations that are in at the moment are merely placeholders, and that the PS2 team has yet to begin working on motion capture.

Originally Posted by Rbstr View Post
I feel like every post I make in this forum has to be prefaced with this these days.
I'd say that is more indicative of your shitty attitude than it is of the calibre of debate on this forum.

Last edited by JHendy; 2012-05-20 at 08:42 AM.
Old 2012-05-20, 11:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Timealude
Captain

Originally Posted by JHendy View Post
I'm hoping that a lot of the animations that are in at the moment are merely placeholders, and that the PS2 team has yet to begin working on motion capture.
I think we need to trust Higgles and the team a bit more then that, just cause its SOE doesn't mean the PS2 dev isn't good with animations..hell some of them came from games with very awesome animations. I don't think the OP is giving the Dev team enough credit.
Old 2012-05-20, 01:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
headcrab13
Second Lieutenant

Actually, the animations are extremely well done for this stage of development. If you're referring to the stuttering sprint/reload/zoom animations of the first-person weapons, that is quite normal and will be fixed long before beta is complete.

Also in the most recent Night Ops footage by TB you'll notice that most of the animations are coming along nicely, and only the unfinished MAX weapons needed work (as they've stated before).

Just give it some time.
Old 2012-05-20, 03:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Ceska
Corporal

His post seems fairly constructive to me, and he made it clear that he wasn't whining for the sake of it. How do we know that the running animations aren't final?
Because beta hasn't even started ? Like someone said, improving animation, high res texture, etc... comes at the end of development
I don't think motion capture is always the best option, and it certainly is the more expensive. I prefer they spent money on more essential issues, like gameplay issues.
Old 2012-05-20, 03:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
IMMentat
Contributor
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
The explosions and animations are placeholders only atm, if you look at any explosion in game you will notice that they are walls of sprites not volumetric or 3d.

Why feedback something thats been clearly marked as temporary content?

Last edited by IMMentat; 2012-05-20 at 03:27 PM.
Old 2012-05-20, 04:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by EVILoHOMER View Post

You don't have to do Team Fortress like animations which are so detailed, fluid and just amazing but they do need to be at least the level of Battlefield or call of Duty.

Dude please put ur glasses on u migth need it :O

Seriously did u just said that Team fortresse animation are better than Battlefield 3 ???

If the answer is yes u must put back ur glasses dude u really need it WOW just WOW

U compare this

TO this ?

Really ?
Old 2012-05-20, 04:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
IMMentat
Contributor
First Sergeant

Why did you just compare player made content to AAA game developer animations?
I do not know who this X82 person is but he is most certainy not a paid and registered member of Valve software.

Last edited by IMMentat; 2012-05-20 at 04:28 PM.
Old 2012-05-21, 02:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
cellinaire
Captain

So,

Are you guys saying that you want this game to be successful or thinking the animation in TB's night ops footage was just unbearable like "Meh, I'm disappointed. Meh, not impressive at all" (which obviously isn't the case)?

@_@;;
Old 2012-05-21, 03:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Snipefrag
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Ergh, what's the point of this thread? Its a bloody alpha, you have two options:

1) Get early alpha footage and take it all with a pinch of salt that its got some way to go
2) Don't get footage and imagine the whole thing in your head

I sure know which one I would choose.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion