Bye,Bye Werner? - Page 10 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: ↑↑ This End Up ↑↑
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-02-21, 02:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #136
ThGlump
Captain

Re: Bye,Bye Werner?

Worst is that no matter how we cry it wont change anything. They wouldnt get any money from us anyway so even if we refuse this system, for soe it mean nothing.

For euro player is only bad things:
Migration to new system (and back when it fails in few years)
Pointless forums (i expect that we wont be able to post on us forum without us account) - with no dev or anybody who know anything about game to communicate with us.
Incompetent customer support - theyll be able to reset you account pwd but notthing more. Complicated stuff will go through soe with serious delay or just being ignored
Bad dev support - weird bugs that will be only in EU version and or in US US will be ignored, or very low priority.
Possible stripping of additional services - promised access to game statistics for third party programs, and other stuff? Very probably only in US version and pro7 wont give us access to it.

This isnt anything i just pulled from my ass. This is real experience with same partnership between turbine and codemasters in lotro, including CM shutting down game after 2 years and migration back to turbine. Forums dead, communicanion and customer support almost nonexistent, ignored bugs, web access to game data only in US etc.

How we can believe pro7 will be any different? CM had atleast some online game experience. Pro7 has none. So it will be even worse.

What can we done to play on your servers SOE? We want to play under you. We will bring you profit.
Why kick us out?
Old 2012-02-21, 02:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #137
Garem
Sergeant

Well. Doesn't this fucking suck.

I play with a big group of players from around the world. I was greatly looking forward to transitioning with many of them into Planetside 2. How frustrating.
Old 2012-02-21, 02:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #138
ringring
Contributor
General

I'd always thought the Pro7 deal was a great idea from a SOE perspective and was also probably good from a UK/EU one too.

SOE would possibly be speading their promotional resources quite thinly by including Europe but by bringing in Pro7 they have a company that can do that for them and get more players, which is the bit that will be good for us.

However, the segregation of players on different sides of the Atlantic is a major bummer.
Old 2012-02-21, 02:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #139
bjorntju1
Captain

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
I met with the Prosieben guys several times leading up to the deal being struck, their games folks are very plugged in to mmos and they're very excited about Planetside 2.

I'm really thrilled about this because it means that we'll have a more dedicated focus on the European Planetside community as well as full scale marketing campaigns to be sure people know about the game out there. We're still doing all the dev work in house, including localization.

All in all this is nothing but positive for the EU Planetside folks and Planetside 2 in general.
All in all this is nothing but positive for the EU Planetside folks and Planetside 2 in general.
positive for the EU Planetside folks
ha

ProSiebenSat.1 Games will oversee all accounts and commerce,

Under the new partnership between SOE and ProSiebenSat.1 Games, European players of the above mentioned SOE games will be able to play via ProSiebenSat.1 Games's service and will not have access to U.S. servers
Fuck this shit. This is horrible. HORRIBLE.

And what about beta? Looks like we are excluded from that AS WELL. Any clarification on that?

Last edited by bjorntju1; 2012-02-21 at 02:41 PM.
Old 2012-02-21, 02:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #140
Sinilaid
Private

well that does away with the 24/7 battles, as servers will be dead during night time :/ and for us that work in the evenings there will be too few people online in the moring to enjoy the game to it fullest
Old 2012-02-21, 02:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #141
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

ITS NOT REGION LOCKED!

You simply have two accounts now! One for European (pro7), one for US (SOE).

For subscription based games, that would suck indeed. But Planetside is F2P, means its not as important. You would only have to buy Station Cash for both accounts seperatly, but thats just a little extra hassle really. Its very likley that there wont be much account wide stuff to buy with station cash that you really want that damn much...

But im not happy about this at all. Dont want to get seperated and have to install the game twice...
Old 2012-02-21, 02:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #142
Ragefighter
Contributor
Sergeant

Originally Posted by basti View Post
ITS NOT REGION LOCKED!

You simply have two accounts now! One for European (pro7), one for US (SOE).

For subscription based games, that would suck indeed. But Planetside is F2P, means its not as important. You would only have to buy Station Cash for both accounts seperatly, but thats just a little extra hassle really. Its very likley that there wont be much account wide stuff to buy with station cash that you really want that damn much...

But im not happy about this at all. Dont want to get seperated and have to install the game twice...
i hope your right! hate to see populations split up =[
Old 2012-02-21, 03:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #143
Marsgrim
Sergeant

This is shit and unacceptable.

It will mean 2 copies of the game, IF SOE allow a US account registration from a Euro address - and I am willing to they won't because the deal will be exclusive.

Further to that, I went through the Turbine/Codemasters issue on LOTRO and the service, forums and experience was abysmal. This will result in SOE not caring about euro subscribers and ProSieben investing fuck all in customer service as it makes them no money and they have no direct line to resolve major game issues.
It doesn't matter what promises are made now, it will not go that way.

Further to that, for outfits like us in Unleashed where we're a mix of people from all over the world that play in a euro timezone, we can no longer maintain our outfit.

This is horrible thinking and treatment from SOE.
Old 2012-02-21, 03:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #144
Hamma
PSU Admin

Locking so we can keep this discussion to one thread.

http://www.planetside-universe.com/f...ad.php?t=39095

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-02-21, 04:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #145
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

I think you forgot to do something hamma. :P
Old 2012-02-21, 04:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #146
Hamma
PSU Admin